HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Sharks; Kings Clinch with a Win

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

vCash: 500
Kings @ Sharks; Kings Clinch with a Win

Kings earn a postseason berth with a win vs. the Sharks. Quick in net; no lineup changes from last game.

GO KINGS!

Old
04-03-2011, 10:08 PM
vindogla

I love it that the Sucks lost tonight. I know a lot of you are worried that we may not get in, but I'm not. I simply cannot stand the Sucks on any level and would simply love it to death if by some chance they are eliminated.

Downside: Had to listen to "Hazy" and dumb dumb but it was worth it. What total homers though. You gotta laff I getz.

Old
04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The opportunity to potentially end the Ducks' postseason dreams outweighs the slight chance we drop out.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Clinch a playoff spot on National TV C'mon boys you can do it.

Seriously though Westy needs to step up, hat trick or bust for him tmrw.....

Old
04-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
I wanted to play the Ducks so I was hoping for them to win. But now that it's unlikely our two teams will face off, it's time to hope they lose the rest of the way. Tomorrow will be a tough one, but should we get through it, I expect we're going to get 4th or 5th without question, which also happens to be our best chance of making it through another round.

Old
04-03-2011, 11:20 PM
johnjm22

We're 3-1-0 with out Kopitar, but all of those wins came against non playoff teams (EDM, DAL, COL). A win against a good team like San Jose would go along way towards boosting the teams' confidence.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:03 AM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
We're 3-1-0 with out Kopitar, but all of those wins came against non playoff teams (EDM, DAL, COL). A win against a good team like San Jose would go along way towards boosting the teams' confidence.
We can take some lessons from the Vancouver game. We were in that game except for a few costly mistakes. We weren't outplayed. The game against the Sharks will be more intense, but I believe we will match up well and pull out a close win. Go Kings.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Tony, nice jinxing title...

Old
04-04-2011, 06:33 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Just want a competitive game. Wrapping it up would be nice.

Old
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The opportunity to potentially end the Ducks' postseason dreams outweighs the slight chance we drop out.
The Kings may get a chance to do just that with the last two games of the season. I would prefer that the Kings have the playoff spot wrapped and by then.

Old
04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

A win tonight would not only seal up a playoff spot, but also likely wrap up a top 6 seed. Being that they would have a 5 point lead on the Ducks, and a 6 point lead on Chicago.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
We can take some lessons from the Vancouver game. We were in that game except for a few costly mistakes. We weren't outplayed. The game against the Sharks will be more intense, but I believe we will match up well and pull out a close win. Go Kings.
What game were you watching? We were not outplayed? Vancouver dominated us most of the game.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Ramon108

Send a message via ICQ to Ramon108 Send a message via Skype™ to Ramon108
It will be difficult game, but need to win to compete for first place in the Pacific.
Go, Kings, go!

Old
04-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The Ducks would have to lose out and Dallas would have to win out for that to happen.

I'm certainly not rooting for the Ducks on any level but 1) I'd like to see the Kings play them in the playoffs and 2) I think the Ducks could possibly help the Kings in the playoffs.

The Ducks have a history of upsetting teams in the playoffs. I think having them in the playoffs could benefit the Kings even if they don't play each other. i could see the Ducks upsetting San Jose or Detroit which would be good for the pipe dream of a deep playoff run by the Kings.

EDIT: Ok.. nm. I see Dallas plays Columbus, the Avs twice and Minnesota. I was wrong about the first point. I'd still rather see the Ducks in the playoffs than the Stars. I don't think the Stars could beat any of the playoff teams in a series and I doubt the Kings are going to be playing them so...

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 04-04-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old
04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I wanted to play the Ducks so I was hoping for them to win. But now that it's unlikely our two teams will face off, it's time to hope they lose the rest of the way.
... It's still the scenario I'm rooting for. The Kings and the Ducks in round one would be ... it would be amazing to experience that. I can't believe there are people who wouldn't want that to happen. The Stars don't even belong in the playoffs; I've been saying that all season long. I wouldn't mind seeing Chicago get eliminated somehow, and the Flames getting in - but that would take a miracle.

Quote:
We can take some lessons from the Vancouver game. We were in that game except for a few costly mistakes. We weren't outplayed.
... Anytime you're outshot 35-19 and 16 to zero in the third period, you've been outplayed.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... It's still the scenario I'm rooting for. The Kings and the Ducks in round one would be ... it would be amazing to experience that. I can't believe there are people who wouldn't want that to happen. The Stars don't even belong in the playoffs; I've been saying that all season long. I wouldn't mind seeing Chicago get eliminated somehow, and the Flames getting in - but that would take a miracle.
Yeah I don't understand why people wouldn't want to play the Ducks or have them in the playoffs. I think the Ducks in the playoffs gives the Kings a better chance to make a run. Dallas isn't going to do anything in the playoffs. Chicago might very well get cleaned up by Vancouver this year but there will be that stigma in their minds so an upset isn't out of the question. I could also see the Ducks upsetting the Sharks or Wings should they play them. Now imagine Vancouver losing to Chicago, Detroit or San Jose getting eliminated and the Kings beating Nashville/Phoenix. The Kings would then play Anaheim in round 2. Ok, not likely but it certainly is possible.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
What game were you watching? We were not outplayed? Vancouver dominated us most of the game.
Quote:

... Anytime you're outshot 35-19 and 16 to zero in the third period, you've been outplayed.
You're right, we were outplayed in the third. First two periods we were not.

I for one would love to see a Kings-ducks playoff round. Just having the two teams in the post season for the first time would be pretty amazing. I don't really care all that much about all 5 Pacific teams getting in as it doesn't really mean anything. I think everyone already knows the Pacific Division is the toughest.

Last edited by KingsKnight: 04-04-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old
04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Quattro

Quote:
... It's still the scenario I'm rooting for. The Kings and the Ducks in round one would be ... it would be amazing to experience that. I can't believe there are people who wouldn't want that to happen.
I don't want to play the Ducks in the playoffs for the first time ever when we are undermanned. I couldn't handle losing to them. And they are playing a bit like a team of destiny lately.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
I agree.

Now about that avatar . . .

(the base of the right numeral 1 needs to show a little swelling and some stitches .)

Old
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
I agree.

Now about that avatar . . .

(the base of the right numeral 1 needs to show a little swelling and some stitches .)
Give me 6 to 8 weeks, my avatar will be as good as new

Old
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Prince

Quote:
So if the Kings are outshot 16 to zero in the third period then going into the third period the shots were 19-19....

Old
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I hope the Ducks finish 8th, only to see them destroy Vancouver in the first round. I think they have a good chance of doing that, and I'd love nothing more than to see Vancouver upset and their fans in tears.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I hope the Ducks finish 8th, only to see them destroy Vancouver in the first round. I think they have a good chance of doing that, and I'd love nothing more than to see Vancouver upset and their fans in tears.
I'm not visualizing what you are. I'd be salivating if I were Vancouver and had a chance to face the Ducks in round 1. I'd be surprised if the Canucks didn't sweep them. Anaheim's goaltending is a joke without Hiller and it shouldn't be too hard for Vancouver to shut down the Ducks top line, which would effectively shut down the Ducks.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

You think shutting down Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan is an easy task? Not to mention how hot Teemu and Lubo have been for them. I envision the Ducks giving Vancouver problems. The Ducks can be hard to play against physically and I think they have enough offense to defeat the Canucks.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'd want them both to lose. No question the Canucks fans have taken it up a notch on the annoyance rankings but it would be a cold day in hell before I want success for the Ducks.

Closed Thread