HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2011, 09:54 AM
CH2

vCash: 500
Well, Atkinson did have an assist and the GWG, so that certainly can't be a negative to Kreider.

Old
04-02-2011, 10:26 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Well, Atkinson did have an assist and the GWG, so that certainly can't be a negative to Kreider.
I hope Atkinson did a ridiculous Vinny P-esque celebration to show Kreider how happy he was.

Old
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Hopefully when CK saw CA play, CA told CK "get the hell out of BC and sign, this is awesome!"
It is really cool how they went out to watch their teammate play. It can only help our cause in getting him signed. I'm from the same southeastern CT town as the Atkinson family, and I have had the privilege of watching him play at Avon Old Farms a few times and he is a really impressive player. I'm pulling for him, as are the rest of us hockey players from Greenwich

Old
04-02-2011, 11:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Rick Schofield signed with the Ducks. He was a Rookie Camp invite for us.

That makes 3 Traverse City/Rookie Camp guys that have signed so far--Tommy Grant (with us), Matt Read (Philly) and now Schofield.

Jason Bast and Keith Kinkaid will almost certainly get contracts from someone, too. Possibly Kenny Peroff.

It's just pain.
Old
04-02-2011, 12:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
So Christian Thomas has cumulative totals of 71 games, 59 goals, 53 assists for 112 points between the playoffs and regular season. Unreal.

Old
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So Christian Thomas has cumulative totals of 71 games, 59 goals, 53 assists for 112 points between the playoffs and regular season. Unreal.
If he keeps his playoff pace up, he could bypass Skinner's OHL stats from last year.

The kid is too good to go back to the OHL. NYR have to consider giving him a serious look in camp.

Old
04-02-2011, 12:23 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If he keeps his playoff pace up, he could bypass Skinner's OHL stats from last year.

The kid is too good to go back to the OHL. NYR have to consider giving him a serious look in camp.
I think he'll definitely get 9 games. It's unfortunate that him and Toffoli are too good for the OHL but probably aren't ready for the NHL.

Old
04-02-2011, 12:35 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Last night's Kingston-Oshawa Highlights:

2 games ago Werek was complaining after every call. Last night he got drilled and the announcers said he started thrashing sticks around on the bench after he got crushed.

Old
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
broadwayblue

Some great hits in that game. Goaltending not so much.

Old
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I think he'll definitely get 9 games. It's unfortunate that him and Toffoli are too good for the OHL but probably aren't ready for the NHL.
He'll need to bulk up this offseason, while not forgetting about improving his skating. It's not that his skating is a problem, but when you bulk up, you often slow down because you are not used to the extra 10-15 pounds.

If he gains weight while keeping up (or even improving) his skating, he should get a very long look in the preseason.

Old
04-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I hope Hartford goes deep enough into the playoffs so that he'll get a chance to play a little pro hockey this season. A few games in the AHL could be useful to him, whether he goes to the OHL or makes the Rangers next year.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:21 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I asked Mitch Beck on twitter about when he thinks Werek and co. might get their signings and get onto the Whale he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @HowlingsToday
I think this week you'll see some of these kids get their ATO's and entry levels and PTO's... Patience
Followed by...

Quote:
I think you'll see some signings coming soon...
Surprise Kreider signing since he'll be around the Whale if he's in the house for Atkinson tonight?

I can dream, right?

We went back and forth for a while...

Quote:
I have no idea about Kreider. He would be a gigantic help to the #CTWhale team, but nobody knows what he's doing yet

If I were a betting man...& I'm not...I would say Kreider turns pro & the organization does w/him what they did with McDonagh

He starts here with the #CTWhale and then after a couple of months goes up to the #NYR and on to a big career in the NHL

Last edited by silverfish: 04-02-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old
04-03-2011, 06:06 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Roman Horak's WHL season is over. They lost game 5 to Spokane. Series over.

Regarding Kreider,the Rangers did not make Stepan an offer until late May. They didn't contact McDonagh's camp until late April-early May which was after the Rangers had their organization meetings at Sather's mansion in La Quinta.

Stepan made these comments on June 9

Quote:
“It surprised me,” Stepan said Wednesday of the decision. “I told (Eaves) that my world got flipped upside-down a couple weeks ago.”

That’s when the Rangers, who chose Stepan in the second round of the NHL Entry Draft in 2008, began aggressively pursuing him.

“It’s something where I felt bad and it was a tough decision,” Stepan said, noting that he’s gotten little sleep the last 10 days weighing his options, “but it in the end it was the best thing for me.”
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html

Stepan like Kreider had an injury. Stepan suffered a concussion in the loss to BC. Kreider admitted on twitter his jaw is not 100%. Can't eat solid foods.

Quote:
@SLUHBNYC : The jaw is getting a lot better thankfully! Still can not chew though. I'm living off spaghettios and macaroni haha.
http://twitter.com/ChrisKreider/stat...29761007788032

We need to have Kreider hang out with Lundqvist who loves pasta. Not the canned stuff Kreider is eating. Henrik knows all of the good pasta joints in NY.

Looks like Kreider met up with Rangers draft pick Danny Hobbs

http://twitter.com/DannyHobbs11

Old
04-03-2011, 07:05 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Roman Horak's WHL season is over. They lost game 5 to Spokane. Series over.

Regarding Kreider,the Rangers did not make Stepan an offer until late May. They didn't contact McDonagh's camp until late April-early May which was after the Rangers had their organization meetings at Sather's mansion in La Quinta.

Stepan made these comments on June 9

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html

Stepan like Kreider had an injury. Stepan suffered a concussion in the loss to BC. Kreider admitted on twitter his jaw is not 100%. Can't eat solid foods.

http://twitter.com/ChrisKreider/stat...29761007788032

We need to have Kreider hang out with Lundqvist who loves pasta. Not the canned stuff Kreider is eating. Henrik knows all of the good pasta joints in NY.

Looks like Kreider met up with Rangers draft pick Danny Hobbs

http://twitter.com/DannyHobbs11
Those guys got their contracts a bit later on because their seasons didn't end until mid-April or so, playing in the NCAA championship game.

I still don't see Kreider playing for Hartford until his jaw is 100%, which probably won't happen while the Whale are still playing this season.

I thought Campbell might have gotten a ATO by now to see what he can do at the AHL level before (or if) the Rangers would offer him an ELC.

I see Horak and Werek getting ATO's as early as tomorrow.

When the Rangers make the playoffs, they should invite Kreider, Thomas, Werek, and Horak to MSG for the first home game of the playoffs.

Old
04-03-2011, 08:03 AM
eco's bones

It would be idiotic to play Kreider in Hartford with his jaw not healed. Let him finish out his school year instead of dragging him out of his classes all banged up. Try to sign him over the summer.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Wisconsin's season ended two weeks after BC's season ended this season. The Rangers didn't sign Stepan and McDonagh until the summer. Hartford didn't make the playoffs last season so both of those players didn't have a team to play for after Wisconsin lost. Stepan was hurt and it took him a few weeks to recover from the concussion. Even if Hartford made the playoffs,Stepan was not playing for them because he was concussed. The same can be said for Kreider who is still hurt. Jim Cerny tweeted last week about Kreider's jaw and it was assumed Cerny didn't realize Kreider had returned before BC was knocked out. CT might not make the playoffs again this season.

Quote:
Nothing new on Kreider...jaw still broken...college season is over...no pro contract yet! RT @PhilipJWalsh: @JimCerny Kreider?
https://twitter.com/#!/JimCerny/stat...16521488187392

Columbus signed Atkinson and Chicago signed Hayes but their AHL teams are not making the playoffs. I saw Hayes tweet his followers/friends about coming back to Boston next week. They left school for two weeks only to return to Boston. Do they go back to school to finish out the semester?Did they forfeit their scholarship for the remainder of the school year?Do the players pay a pro-rated amount for their classes?

Can a player on NCAA scholarship sign a pro contract and finish out the semester?Example. Chris Kreider signs an ELC today with the Rangers which will begin in 11-12 but remains in school to finish his school year on scholarship. Is that allowed?

Sounded like Werek was getting a pedicure yesterday.

Quote:
With @moon101010 getting our feet cleaned up. #pinkorblue?
https://twitter.com/#!/Werek25/status/54220043441016832

Old
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Wisconsin's season ended two weeks after BC's season ended this season. The Rangers didn't sign Stepan and McDonagh until the summer. Hartford didn't make the playoffs last season so both of those players didn't have a team to play for after Wisconsin lost. Stepan was hurt and it took him a few weeks to recover from the concussion. Even if Hartford made the playoffs,Stepan was not playing for them because he was concussed. The same can be said for Kreider who is still hurt. Jim Cerny tweeted last week about Kreider's jaw and it was assumed Cerny didn't realize Kreider had returned before BC was knocked out. CT might not make the playoffs again this season.

https://twitter.com/#!/JimCerny/stat...16521488187392

Columbus signed Atkinson and Chicago signed Hayes but their AHL teams are not making the playoffs. I saw Hayes tweet his followers/friends about coming back to Boston next week. They left school for two weeks only to return to Boston. Do they go back to school to finish out the semester?Did they forfeit their scholarship for the remainder of the school year?Do the players pay a pro-rated amount for their classes?

Can a player on NCAA scholarship sign a pro contract and finish out the semester?Example. Chris Kreider signs an ELC today with the Rangers which will begin in 11-12 but remains in school to finish his school year on scholarship. Is that allowed?

Sounded like Werek was getting a pedicure yesterday.

https://twitter.com/#!/Werek25/status/54220043441016832
I'm pretty sure just a few NHL games is enough to pay any tuition/scholarship penalties they may have incurred.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Moose Jaw was eliminated last night by Kootenay in 6 games.

McIlrath,Horak and Werek are eligible to sign ATO's to play for the Whale.

Hagelin,Thomas and Bourque are the only prospects whose teams advanced. Not counting Wilson(overager)and Stajcer(probably won't be signed).

Andrew Yogan has been a recent scratch in Erie's series with Windsor

Quote:
Former Spitfire Andrew Yogan sat his third straight game of the series Sunday.

A fourth-round pick by the NHL's New York Rangers last year, the 19-year-old Yogan missed the first 58 games of the season after having shoulder surgery.

He had two assists in the first three games of this series, but then fell ill according to Erie head coach Robbie Ftorek.

Yogan was back in the dressing room Sunday, but Ftorek did not dress him for Game 6 and sounded reluctant to put him back in the lineup for Tuesday's Game 7 back in Windsor.

"I told him the other day we'd probably go with what we've got," Ftorek said.

"We'll see what happens."
Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Ro...#ixzz1IYKtTGXO

Old
04-04-2011, 06:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I'm pretty sure just a few NHL games is enough to pay any tuition/scholarship penalties they may have incurred.
The signing bonus money can cover the cost of finishing their degrees at BC.

In the case of Kreider,even if Kreider was leaning towards turning pro/going to turn pro why would he not wait until the summer? His jaw is not 100% so he can't play. Finish out the few remaining weeks in the semester. The NCAA would have an issue with him signing a pro contract and remaining in school. His advisor becomes an agent. NCAA doesn't allow players to have agents.

Cerny tweeted Kreider was not 100% and then Kreider confirmed it.

Old
04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
agent

Moose Jaw Crushed Can

If anyone has experienced the old Crushed Can they will be sad to see it go .
nice link here from Warrior web site .
http://www.mjwarriors.ca/video/index...5281d9b23bf384

Quote:
Moose Jaw was eliminated last night by Kootenay in 6 games.

McIlrath,Horak and Werek are eligible to sign ATO's to play for the Whale.

Hagelin,Thomas and Bourque are the only prospects whose teams advanced. Not counting Wilson(overager)and Stajcer(probably won't be signed).

Andrew Yogan has been a recent scratch in Erie's series with Windsor

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Ro...#ixzz1IYKtTGXO

Old
04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
ocarina

I noticed that Danny Hobbs had a great season statistically this year for UMass, certainly much better then his non-descript first two years. Is he actually starting to look like a pro prospect?

Old
04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yogan pretty much lost a year of development.

Its too bas because I think he would have been a steal of a pick, but it has been setback after setback for him this season.

I like his pro game translation, much more than a Roman Horak or a Ryan Bourque, at the very least.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I noticed that Danny Hobbs had a great season statistically this year for UMass, certainly much better then his non-descript first two years. Is he actually starting to look like a pro prospect?
He has another year of eligibility, and if he tears it up he might get a look.

But a lot of mediocre players in the NCAA start producing once they get to be the oldest and get top minutes, top pp time, ect.

Campbell, for example, is at best an AHL player. I think Hobbs will be the same.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Driving home from kingston. Lots of great times and amazing memories. Kingston and club66 will always be my second home.
https://twitter.com/#!/Werek25/status/54930504612446208

Old
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Boston signed Spooner to an ATO. Let's get a move on Sather.

Closed Thread