HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Fans elect Carey Price Canadiens player of the year

Old
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Fans elect Carey Price Canadiens player of the year

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=360805

Easy choice.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
OneSharpMarble

Not a lot of other options, he has pretty much carried the team. martin should give him half his contract.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Stradale

From getting booed out in his first preseason game to player of the year. Eh..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Lizard King*

Definetly deserves it. He's the only one that's been consistently good all year. He's had off nights but nothing even remotely close to a slump.

I also wanted to give Auld credit. He showed up when he needed to and player very well when Price took a day off. He was solid even though he only played a handful of games this season.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Price has been a rock, very well deserved.

Hamrlik, Subban, Gill and Wiz have been amazing for us and deserve some credit too.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:06 PM
m00ks

Which fans? The sames one who took a dump on him last year?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Easy pick...
if not for Carey the Habs are a near lotto team

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:18 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensbruins
DON'T OPEN THE CHAMPAINE YET! He has yet to prove himself when it counts and he hasn't even got them there yet. As far as I can see he is a choker in the playoffs so ease up on the celebration, Habs out in first round 4 or 5 games at best
From a likely HF poster, but on the site linked above as a comment.

Yeah the team that has Tim Thomas is calling other teams goalies playoff chokers. Okay there guys.

I guess he was choking on the two game pucks he got from shutting you guys out twice in a 7 game series, that must be what he's choking on

EDIT: Holy crap this stuff is golden! Check this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someotheridiotnotworthmentioning
Spacek has missed 22 games with a knee injury.. That says it all about this team. They are the pansiest franchise in all of sport. I watch every sports league and none is sissier then the scabs. I want spacek to return quickly so he can share the expierence of losing in 4 games again haha! Losers, go golf already.
Yeah I'm sure Spacek got injured on purpose. Yeah he must be a pansy like those guys Marc Savard and Patrice Bergeron

Yeah I bet this guys a sports expert

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Which fans? The sames one who took a dump on him last year?
exactly.luv you one minute,,hate you the next.lol.this award means nothing.this is another reason we have the reputation of fairweather fans.weak.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Stradale

Bruins fans calling others chockers. The irony.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Easy choice. Congrats to Carey Price on proving all of his critics wrong, going into this season.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Archijerej

Someone should find all those "Halak vs. Price" and "Gauthier is an idiot" threads. I have a gut feeling that the most active participants would be the same as in "Fire Martin" and "Bob Gainey is a coward" threads. Not that it will make them more humble, but still worth a try.

Archijerej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
haburger

good luck gettin people to admit that they were wrong.people love to hate on here,thats just the way it is.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
From a likely HF poster, but on the site linked above as a comment.

I guess he was choking on the two game pucks he got from shutting you guys out twice in a 7 game series, that must be what he's choking on
Price has choked in the playoffs. He hasn't proven anything yet in the post season yet.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:06 PM
haburger

at least he was in the playoffs.an when was this choke?

Old
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
habtastic

and thank you to Carey for proving the large contingent of us who believed in him (and did not waver during the first game) right.

I really get annoyed how even within our fanbase, people over exaggerate the hate towards Price last year. There was a reason we had like 20 goalie debate threads. If it was one-sided, there wouldn't have been even one. I remember the people who hated on Price last year and I seriously have not seen them post a lot this year. Once again, a fraction of fans overreact and make us all look stupid, TSN/CBC tar us all with the same brush. I absolutely love Carey and respect him so much for the way he has responded to the pressure. Unbelievable character that you only see in great players. No flash in the pan here. The prophecies just might be true. Now...to just find a way to stop getting injured (rest of team).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:30 PM
HabsNation514

I thought Dustin Boyd was going to win.

HabsNation514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Price has choked in the playoffs. He hasn't proven anything yet in the post season yet.
He's lost in the playoffs but he hasn't "choked"

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
How did he choke? In order to choke, you need to be a contender. We never were.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Really easy choice. By far the most consistent Hab this year, AND the most "impressive/outstanding" the most often. His only real competition would be Plekanec, and with his offensive numbers taking a dip this year, even his super work in the other two zones can't bridge the gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
How did he choke? In order to choke, you need to be a contender. We never were.
Actually, I'd go as far as to say that you need to be a favourite in order for losing to be a "choke", and you're right: we really weren't.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
pine
irregistered user

Quote:
Habs' Price to booing fans: 'chill out'

Carey Price has a message for the Bell Centre boo birds.

"Relax, chill out," the Montreal Canadiens goalie said Thursday. "We've got lots of time. We're not winning the Stanley Cup in the first exhibition game."

The comments came a day after Price was booed as he allowed four goals on nine shots in a 4-2 pre-season loss to the Boston Bruins.

"It wasn't a good performance, obviously," he said at practice. "It's not how I planned things.

"It's just the way it panned out. That's why we have these games, to work things out. Not only myself, but the team. And not just our team, every team."

Price said he will prove the doubters wrong and doesn't plan to ask for a trade to get out of Montreal's spotlight.

"I've never been one to back away from a challenge," the 23-year-old said. "It's just the way I am.

"I'm not going to cower away from anything. I'll just be myself and accept what it is I have to do."
Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...#ixzz1IbUqPnxc

The moment would be right for Carey to come in, grab the microphone and say "I told you so".

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...#ixzz1IbUqPnxc

The moment would be right for Carey to come in, grab the microphone and say "I told you so".
While he's a had great season, you don't win the stanley cup in the regular season either!

He was a logical choice for this, no one else was close.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
and thank you to Carey for proving the large contingent of us who believed in him (and did not waver during the first game) right.

I really get annoyed how even within our fanbase, people over exaggerate the hate towards Price last year. There was a reason we had like 20 goalie debate threads. If it was one-sided, there wouldn't have been even one. I remember the people who hated on Price last year and I seriously have not seen them post a lot this year. Once again, a fraction of fans overreact and make us all look stupid, TSN/CBC tar us all with the same brush. I absolutely love Carey and respect him so much for the way he has responded to the pressure. Unbelievable character that you only see in great players. No flash in the pan here. The prophecies just might be true. Now...to just find a way to stop getting injured (rest of team).
Let's not play revisionist history here. There were some people on the internet who supported Price (and even then, I wouldn't claim it was a majority of fans), but there is no doubt that if you just talked to people "in real life", the overwhelming majority of them were Price haters. Not just Halak fans, but Price haters. The comments were almost universally negative when Halak was traded. He was booed on a night where he got the third star! People weren't giving him any credit for anything and everyone was saying he was too weak mentally to perform in Montreal. Seriously, I actually was the only Price supporter out of everyone I knew.

The hate isn't overstated. Montrealers were doing to Price the same thing they had done to Brisebois.

Bear in mind that the people who frequent this board are an extreme minority of fans. The majority of fans hated Price last year. That's really no overstatement.

That he somehow managed to become a winner in this environment is a testament to the fact that he, in fact, is quite strong mentally.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:34 PM
KareyPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
While he's a had great season, you don't win the stanley cup in the regular season either!

He was a logical choice for this, no one else was close.
Omg I love your avatar lol

And Congrats Carey been one of my favourite players since we drafted a lot of people call me a Price homer (living in toronto) but this year hes proving the critics wrong

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Kulemon

I honestly believe if it wasn't for Price this team would be in the bottom 5 of the eastern conference this year and I am sure a lot would agree with me, injuries being a factor aswell. As a Leafs fan I have to applaud Price on how much he has improved and done for this team and has emerged as a top 10 goaltender after facing adversity from the fans and media.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote