HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oreskovich re-assigned to Manitoba

Old
04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Stonz

vCash: 500
Oreskovich re-assigned to Manitoba

@benkuzma: #Canucks return Oreskovich to #Moose after his emergency recall. Samuelsson (leg) back Tuesday against #Oilers. Tambellini on fourth line.

Stonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
DrChill

I didn't see the Edmonton game but he has been playing really well. Prefer him to tambi right now. But emerg recall we have to send him back

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Vigneault is going with Tambellini over Oreskovich? Does not compute... Is there something more to this? Cap space, contract status...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Vigneault is going with Tambellini over Oreskovich? Does not compute... Is there something more to this? Cap space, contract status...
Oreskovich was an emergency recall because the Canucks would have had fewer than 12 forwards without him. Samuelsson is back in the lineup, it's not longer an emergency situation, and so Oreskovich has be sent back down.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Alexistheman

Quote:
I believe it's because he's an emergency call-up and so it didn't cost us one of our 4(??) player movements. I could be totally wrong, though.

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Stonz

Quote:
He was on emergency recall, so he had to be sent back to get Samuelsson into the line-up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on a non-emergency recall closer to the beginning of the playoffs.

Stonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Oreskovich was on emergency recall. Once the team had 12 healthy forwards they had to send him down immediately.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
opendoor

Oreskovich going down also clears the way for Edler returning for a game or two before the playoffs, assuming Tanev is healthy enough to be sent back to the Moose.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Placebo Effect

Murph fully expects Oreskovich to be recalled once the season is over and the cap is gone. He speculated this lineup:

22-33-14
20-17-26
13-21-36
15-40-38

2-3
5-23
??-6

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:37 PM
skywarp75

I know the glass lovers wont agree, but Ogre-eskovich will take his spot on the team. He's far faster and more skilled, while bringing the same size & strength. All glass has going for him is that he does what the coach wants, and works hard. Skill wise, glass is a zero. You say perfect 4th liner, i say liability (did you see him trying to kill penalties again against edmonton? wow he's bad).

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
I know the glass lovers wont agree, but Ogre-eskovich will take his spot on the team. He's far faster and more skilled, while bringing the same size & strength. All glass has going for him is that he does what the coach wants, and works hard. Skill wise, glass is a zero. You say perfect 4th liner, i say liability (did you see him trying to kill penalties again against edmonton? wow he's bad).
There's room for both on the team right now, but I generally agree. Glass is what he is - a 12th or 13th forward who will always be fighting for his spot. It'll be another battle in camp for him to make the team.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:12 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Oreskovich going down also clears the way for Edler returning for a game or two before the playoffs, assuming Tanev is healthy enough to be sent back to the Moose.
Yeah when Gillis was on Team1040 a few days ago he alluded to it saying "there are some things we can do to get Edler + Alberts back in the lineup before the end of the regular season."

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
Murph fully expects Oreskovich to be recalled once the season is over and the cap is gone. He speculated this lineup:

22-33-14
20-17-26
13-21-36
15-40-38

2-3
5-23
??-6
number 4?

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
There's room for both on the team right now, but I generally agree. Glass is what he is - a 12th or 13th forward who will always be fighting for his spot. It'll be another battle in camp for him to make the team.
Glass will make the team. He's cheap and has been a good depth guy, and would be snapped up by a rival team if put on waivers.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
number 4?
Nah #29.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:39 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Glass will make the team. He's cheap and has been a good depth guy, and would be snapped up by a rival team if put on waivers.
Very likely, as he's also a good team guy and works really hard. And, like I said, there is room for him on this team based on our current depth chart. If we had someone to upgrade the spot that'd be one thing, but we don't so I agree he'll probably be back.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:15 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post

1. It's not Glass's fault AV likes to use him on the PK. More imprtantly Oresekovich doesn't kill penatlies at all. Neither of them should be killing penalties anyway - Kes, Bur, Hansen, Raymond, Lappy, Higgins (next year hopefully Manny).

2. Oreskovich is right side winger Glass is a left. Glass can also play centre in a pinch. So Oreskovich isn't that direct competition to Glass. He might take his psuedo-tough guy role but he hasn't shown any sign of that yet.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
number 4?
We hope, but who knows with our coaching staff

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:52 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post

22-33-14
20-17-26
13-21-36
15-40-38

2-3
5-23
??-6
yeah. i don't see any way they don't bring Oreo back up for the playoffs. he brings a very useful element to the lineup and hasn't looked out of place lately. kinda unfortunate with the emergency recall situation, but oh well. meaningless games at this point anyway.

the fact that the '??' in that lineup isn't entirely a joke is a pretty hilarious joke in itself though.

i'd say that's a pretty good prediction for the lineup from the sounds of it. though i still really hope that to start with at least, the defence ends up looking more like:

2-3
4-5
23-6

and not just because 2-3-4-5 in order like that is kinda funny.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:40 PM
The Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
yeah. i don't see any way they don't bring Oreo back up for the playoffs. he brings a very useful element to the lineup and hasn't looked out of place lately. kinda unfortunate with the emergency recall situation, but oh well. meaningless games at this point anyway.

the fact that the '??' in that lineup isn't entirely a joke is a pretty hilarious joke in itself though.

i'd say that's a pretty good prediction for the lineup from the sounds of it. though i still really hope that to start with at least, the defence ends up looking more like:

2-3
4-5
23-6

I still don't get why we NEVER dress 7 defensemen. Like game 6 vs Chicago, Salo playing with whatever horrendous nut injury he had, why not have an extra defenseman just in case?

Anyways, won't happen but if the staff insists on Rome being in, I'd rather see Ballard in too than a full fourth line.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post

2-3
4-5
23-6

I don't think the Edler-Ehrhoff pairing will be broken up. They have good chemistry together.

Edler - Ehrhoff
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Salo - Ballard

This is how I think the defensive pairings should be, but AV will inevitably find a way to play Rome somehow, even though he should be 8th on the depth chart when everybody's healthy.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Crows*

I really really like oreo. I expect him to be up for the playoffs and could be absolute gold in a series vs the hawks or ducks.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:57 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Oreskovich is way more impressive than Tambellini who is just useless right now.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Oreskovich is way more impressive than Tambellini who is just useless right now.
Agreed. AV pretty much admitted it was cap reasons to send oreo down.

As for Tamby, he's gone utterly cold as anyone in the league, but at least the guy tries.. he's still skating, hitting and working hard. I like the guy a lot.

I told my girlfriend the other night I have a feeling he won't score forever, then in a huge game in the playoffs (if he's in) he's gonna score some massive goal.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Agreed. AV pretty much admitted it was cap reasons to send oreo down.

As for Tamby, he's gone utterly cold as anyone in the league, but at least the guy tries.. he's still skating, hitting and working hard. I like the guy a lot.

I told my girlfriend the other night I have a feeling he won't score forever, then in a huge game in the playoffs (if he's in) he's gonna score some massive goal.
If there is cap issues our 4th line will be Glass-Lappy-Tambellini?

Damn, not really a standout 4th line pretty bad actually.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote