HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LOL-Charlie Sheen salutes Chris Pronger

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
But no one's celebrating him for being a bad parent or for abusing others LOL.

He's simply admired for being pretty damn gutsy about speaking his mind so freely and for the entertainment value he's giving us simply by living his life.
Quote:
Absolutely. Charlie Sheen is living his life (which seems like a pretty damn good one to me) and only God can judge him.

People get jealous. It's human nature I suppose. Sad but true.

Charlie Sheen is the man. Speaks his mind without fear of any kind of consequences (including losing his job), lives his life the way he sees fit, and doesn't give a damn what others think.

Charlie Sheen is da bul.
So, in your opinion... being a terrible father, treating the women you are with terribly, etc. is a good thing.

Charlie Sheen is an a**hole, and he should be committed to both rehab and psychiatric therapy.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Jester

Quote:
No one's making excuses for him. He's messed up. Even he will acknowledge that LOL.

He's celebrated for speaking his mind freely and not caring about the consequences and also for the pure entertainment value he gives us just by being himself.
Do you have the memory of a goldfish? YOU just made an excuse for him... blamed his father for why he is the way he is.

And part of the "entertainment" is crap that is going to permanently **** up some small children most likely... who are going to have to go through life with Charlie Sheen as their father.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So, in your opinion... being a terrible father, treating the women you are with terribly, etc. is a good thing.

Charlie Sheen is an a**hole, and he should be committed to both rehab and psychiatric therapy.
People like him because he is different and giving the finger to the corporate world, hes right about saying its no one else's business what he does in his private life.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
People like him because he is different and giving the finger to the corporate world, hes right about saying its no one else's business what he does in his private life.
So, I could hold a knife to the throat of my future wife and that wouldn't be anyone else's business because it was my "private life"?

Sorry, that's not the way society works. We're not talking about kinky sex or something here (I actually don't give a crap about his thing for hookers). The other crap he's done in his "private life" is most assuredly other people's business. Which is why he's had to deal with the police and courts over it. Moreover, the ****show that is his personal life is most definitely a manifestation of the same crap that is going on with his current outburst of stupidity.

Humorous on the surface? Sure.

Some funny one liners? Yep.

But lets not call him "da bul." Guy is a ****wad.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:40 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
So, I could hold a knife to the throat of my future wife and that wouldn't be anyone else's business because it was my "private life"?

Sorry, that's not the way society works. We're not talking about kinky sex or something here (I actually don't give a crap about his thing for hookers). The other crap he's done in his "private life" is most assuredly other people's business. Which is why he's had to deal with the police and courts over it. Moreover, the ****show that is his personal life is most definitely a manifestation of the same crap that is going on with his current outburst of stupidity.

Humorous on the surface? Sure.

Some funny one liners? Yep.

But lets not call him "da bul." Guy is a ****wad.
oh im not saying everything the guy touches is gold or some of the thing's hes done arent questionable, but I admire how he stands up for what he feels right and lashes back at these people that he felt did him wrong.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Jester

Quote:
oh im not saying everything the guy touches is gold or some of the thing's hes done arent questionable, but I admire how he stands up for what he feels right and lashes back at these people that he felt did him wrong.
Yes... including folks that made him hundreds of millions of dollars. In the process, Sheen standing up for what he feels is right (and being a d-bag in general)... he put a lot of other people out of jobs who weren't making the kind of money he was.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
ShotScore*

Jester,

We have a difference of OPINION. I love the stuff Charlie Sheen is doing and am a fan of his. You don't and aren't.

I have the right to my opinion. You have the right to yours.

Stop trying to turn everything I say into a "me vs. you" debate.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-04-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: One line was deleted
Old
04-04-2011, 03:00 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Quote:
Yes... including folks that made him hundreds of millions of dollars. In the process, Sheen standing up for what he feels is right (and being a d-bag in general)... he put a lot of other people out of jobs who weren't making the kind of money he was.

"People" didn't make Charlie Sheen hundreds of millions of dollars. Charlie Sheen made Charlie Sheen hundreds of millions of dollars.

Those same people made BILLIONS off of Charlie Sheen.

CBS has made many billions from Charlie Sheen's show being the #1 rated show in the country.

Old
04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Jester,

This is getting ridiculous. You have the maturity of a 4 year old.

We have a difference of OPINION. I love the stuff Charlie Sheen is doing and am a fan of his. You don't and aren't.

I have been saying this about Jester for awhile and no one listened.

Old
04-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

Winning!!

Old
04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
infidelappel*

The same kind of behavior that he is so humorously displaying to get a laugh from everybody is the same kind of neglectful behavior that's gotten him into trouble in the past.

His shenanigans at present are funny, but he's being a side show clown and making light of his drug addictions and some of his wrongdoing in the past.

To that end, he shouldn't be celebrated for being a clown...because his same '******* you, I do what I want' behavior has also harmed other people.

Sure, laugh every time he says 'duh, winning!' because that in and of itself is humorous. But to act like Sheen is some sort of hero is questionable.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Jester

Quote:
"People" didn't make Charlie Sheen hundreds of millions of dollars. Charlie Sheen made Charlie Sheen hundreds of millions of dollars.

Those same people made BILLIONS off of Charlie Sheen.

CBS has made many billions from Charlie Sheen's show being the #1 rated show in the country.
Charlie Sheen was on a scripted show. Do you think he created that show? No, he didn't. Writing that show? No, he didn't write that show. Directing that show? No, he didn't direct the show. So on and so forth.

Was he a big part of the show? Absolutely, but without all those other folks that show doesn't exist.

Charlie Sheen hasn't really done anything all that successful outside of Two and a Half Men in some time.

Seriously, look at his imdb profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000221/

Really hasn't been in a decent movie with any weight to his role since the early 90s.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Jester

Quote:
Jester,

Stop saying crap that I think is egregiously stupid. Acting like a dude that just cost a whole lot of people their day jobs with his antics, is a serial abuser of women, a negligent parent, etc. as some cult hero is dumb, and deserves to be called dumb.

Charlie Sheen is the antithesis of "da bul" and not someone who should be celebrated for how he lives his life in the slightest. Guy is a selfish degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
I have been saying this about Jester for awhile and no one listened.
Yeah, that's because it isn't true. I don't give nearly enough of a crap about any anonymous message board name to have some personal vendetta that goes beyond responding to their stupidity when it manifests. ShotScore has said stuff that I think is stupid with some consistency, and therefore I've responded to his posts as such.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-04-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Quoted material was deleted
Old
04-04-2011, 05:36 PM
MsWoof

I'm amazed that people are buying tickets to see his shows. He's a train wreck and he's ruined his life and the lives of his family, his friends and caused considerable financial problems to anyone affiliated with his show. He needs to get himself into a hospital of some kind and get help.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Stop saying crap that I think is egregiously stupid. Acting like a dude that just cost a whole lot of people their day jobs with his antics, is a serial abuser of women, a negligent parent, etc. as some cult hero is dumb, and deserves to be called dumb.

Charlie Sheen is the antithesis of "da bul" and not someone who should be celebrated for how he lives his life in the slightest. Guy is a selfish degenerate.

Yeah, that's because it isn't true. I don't give nearly enough of a crap about any anonymous message board name to have some personal vendetta that goes beyond responding to their stupidity when it manifests. ShotScore has said stuff that I think is stupid with some consistency, and therefore I've responded to his posts as such.
No CBS cost people there day jobs by trying to make Charlie do something he did not want to do which was go to rehab. Even his castmates said he never missed work and always did what he was supposed to. If he wants to sit around and smoke crack all day and it doesnt affect his work than thats up to 1 person...Charlie sheen

Old
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Jester

Quote:
No CBS cost people there day jobs by trying to make Charlie do something he did not want to do which was go to rehab. Even his castmates said he never missed work and always did what he was supposed to. If he wants to sit around and smoke crack all day and it doesnt affect his work than thats up to 1 person...Charlie sheen
Why did CBS mandate he go to rehab?

Oh, yes, because he had just been rushed to the hospital...

This was also after a string of incidents that CBS had remarkably overlooked. What eventually killed the show, moreover, was not CBS demanding he go to rehab... but Charlie Sheen publicly nuking his relationship with the creator of the show. Did you not watch that radio interview, or at least read the highlights?

CBS let Sheen get away with murder before they finally stepped in. Try doing that **** at your job and see how it flies.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:47 PM
PhillyFlying

i just think its hilarious that people care so much one way or the other about this dude.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
i just think its hilarious that people care so much one way or the other about this dude.
I don't care that much about Charlie Sheen... I do care about people glorifying him and his lifestyle choices.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Charlie Sheen is the exact sort of person I hope I never have to meet or know personally. Him and the entire cast of any reality TV show.

Old
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
I don't care that much about Charlie Sheen... I do care about people glorifying him and his lifestyle choices.
You shouldn't. You're better off caring about Charlie Sheen. People want to see explosions, lude behavior, rebellion, etc. The guy is off his rocker and people love that. Plain and simple. Its sad to say, but his lifestyle is entertaining. Like a trainwreck....

I would still rather watch cops....

Old
04-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
You shouldn't. You're better off caring about Charlie Sheen. People want to see explosions, lude behavior, rebellion, etc. The guy is off his rocker and people love that. Plain and simple. Its sad to say, but his lifestyle is entertaining. Like a trainwreck....

I would still rather watch cops....
Eh, I don't have a problem with people getting a kick out of him (hell, I get a kick out of him). There is, however, a big difference between getting a kick out of his comments and antics (which are funny), and acting as if his "life" is something he should be proud of.

The man is a disgrace.

Old
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Charlie Sheen is the exact sort of person I hope I never have to meet or know personally. Him and the entire cast of any reality TV show.
Come on, who wouldn't want to meet the cast of Jersey Shore

Old
04-04-2011, 09:30 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Eh, I don't have a problem with people getting a kick out of him (hell, I get a kick out of him). There is, however, a big difference between getting a kick out of his comments and antics (which are funny), and acting as if his "life" is something he should be proud of.

The man is a disgrace.
QFT.

There's a HUGE difference between laughing at the antics and celebrating the man. I think a lot of people are shifting to the latter, and he's a guy that doesn't deserve/need that. It doesn't really do any one good to encourage him to continue living his life as a train wreck, and it points to the lowest common denominator hero worship that is all too prevalent in our society. We celebrate idiots, and then people think that's somehow an enviable existence that should be emulated. It's sad, really.

Old
04-05-2011, 04:37 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:

The man is a disgrace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
There's a HUGE difference between laughing at the antics and celebrating the man. I think a lot of people are shifting to the latter, and he's a guy that doesn't deserve/need that. It doesn't really do any one good to encourage him to continue living his life as a train wreck, and it points to the lowest common denominator hero worship that is all too prevalent in our society. We celebrate idiots, and then people think that's somehow an enviable existence that should be emulated. It's sad, really.
Agree 100%. Everyone celebrating Charlie Sheen should think about how much more "fun" their lifes would be if he was a relative, co-worker or neighbor to them.

Old
04-05-2011, 08:01 AM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
Come on, who wouldn't want to meet the cast of Jersey Shore
I am Pauly D, just don't tell anybody.

Closed Thread