HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rundblad vs Tarasenko?

Old
04-04-2011, 07:58 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

vCash: 500
Rundblad vs Tarasenko?

I remember when the 2010 draft was going on and i was exited to see who our pick was and then we traded it for David Rundblad. I was very disappointed AT THE TIME that we traded it for Rundblad for Tarasenko... But now it seems like Rundblad might be the better deal. Would u rather of picked Tarasenko?

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Mathieu

Tarasenko is Russian.

/End of the thread.

Mathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Jared Cowen 2010

You know...I felt the same way, as well as most of the posters here, but I think we can all agree that Murray made the right choice. Not that Tarasenko is a bad prospect, its just that Rundblad is better.

Jared Cowen 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
And Tarasenko, according to Mcguire on Team1200, is playing hard ball with St-Louis and he might not be signed.

Yeah Murray did the right thing even though I'm fairly certain a lot of people (myself included) were mad that he picked yet another defenseman.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:33 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
who's the better player or who's the better pick?

04-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

vCash: 177
I wouldn't trade Rundblad for a 16th in this draft, and I wouldn't trade him for Tarensanko, or anyone drafted after him. As of right now, I believe we won that trade, by a lot actually.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:39 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Cowen 2010 View Post
You know...I felt the same way, as well as most of the posters here, but I think we can all agree that Murray made the right choice. Not that Tarasenko is a bad prospect, its just that Rundblad is better.
Maybe right now but he has less potential IMO. Runblad is however the better prospect to have, cause of the Russian factor.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Suiteness

Both guys have accomplished absolutely nothing in the NHL...

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Thanks for the info

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:02 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
What does one even have to gain from making a post like this?

I said back then that I thought it was at the very least a respectable trade and I'm glad that I was proven right. Thats what happens when you put just a little blind faith in management

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
A lot of fans were mad for not bad reasons. Rundblad was coming off a sub par season over in Sweden and was just turning it up late. The Sens scouts say this as Rundblad developing, not going on a hot streak, and decided they could get a gem with the 16th pick by trading it for a prospect. They were right and Rundblad exploded this year, almost breaking their record for points by a defenseman.

There's the whole Russian situation of going back to the KHL but I don't like the way most of them play, and watching the WJC, Tarasenko looked like a typical Russian. He got slashed on one play so dropped his gloves and stormed back to the bench. The skill is there but the attitude seemed to need a bit of work.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Minister of Offence

It's pretty clear we weren't selecting Tarasenko even if the Rundblad deal was never offered to us. The question is going to be asked for years, and it will always be a pointless argument.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post

I said back then that I thought it was at the very least a respectable trade and I'm glad that I was proven right. Thats what happens when you put just a little blind faith in management
For starters, Tarasenko was never part of the Ottawa organization so the premise of the thread is baseless. Second, there's really nothing to compare. Runblad had an historic season n Sweden which is great. Tarasenko shined at the WJC where he won gold. Now what the hell does that mean for NHL franchises really?

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

To be honest, I think both teams cleaned up in that trade. Both prospects are stellar. Tarasenko is the higher ranked prospect, but it always takes prospects a little while to rise up in the rankings, and I suspect that Rundblad will move up. I'm happy not to have to deal with another russian.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
Tarasenko is Russian.

/End of the thread.
This a whole bunch.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
For starters, Tarasenko was never part of the Ottawa organization so the premise of the thread is baseless. Second, there's really nothing to compare. Runblad had an historic season n Sweden which is great. Tarasenko shined at the WJC where he won gold. Now what the hell does that mean for NHL franchises really?
Okay. Don't compare them. Neither of those points relate to what you said, and clearly this thread does have a point because people are saying they changed opinions. I wasn't gonna post because I too think its not really a topic worth discussing, but I didnt want to be the guy who comes in and says nothing about the topic at hand, so I added my own little anecdote after responding to you. Its a thread on the internet, if you dont like it dont ruin it for others who DO like it.

Old
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Rumcajs

In a sense i was disappointed we traded the pick at the time, but as soon as i heard it was Rundblad i was ecstatic. I knew this guy was gonna be a great acquisition as a 3/4 defense man but by no means knew he was going to drop 50 points this year etc. I remember watching the 2009 Draft hoping we could pick him up, but on that note i was also a fan to take Tarasenko or Watson but either was a terrible pick.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM
SelleckStache

I understand the move.... flip the pick for a player that has had one more year of development. An extra year closer to being NHL ready for an ELC contract + RFA rights on a rebuilding team that has needed PMDs for 3 years... love the move and hope it works out

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
God you make the ********* posts.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Ishdul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellismaniac View Post
Maybe right now but he has less potential IMO. Runblad is however the better prospect to have, cause of the Russian factor.
Rundblad has all the potential in the world. I wouldn't think Tarasenko has an appreciably better ceiling.

Ishdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishdul View Post
Rundblad has all the potential in the world. I wouldn't think Tarasenko has an appreciably better ceiling.
Yeah I think they have similar ceilings. I'd rather Tarasenko's ceiling than Rundblad's given our situation but its pretty close from what I've seen.

Old
04-04-2011, 09:48 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1225
At this point I'm really wary of Russian prospects unless they're either a sure shot to make the team right away or if there's a talented guy available late in the draft who everyone else thinks won't sign for them.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
SelleckStache

We've tried drafting russians and we tried to buy them later in their careers. No more

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
What does one have to gain from any post in this entire thread? The whole thing is pointless, except to make people who don't seem to be able to think for themselves without first being told what it is they should think, somehow feel better about themselves.

It's nothing that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseam.

Quote:
I said back then that I thought it was at the very least a respectable trade and I'm glad that I was proven right.
Congratulations, would you like a pat on the back? You haven't been proven anything, which is Suiteness' point.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

It's just nicer to be positive than negative.

At this point in their respective careers, despite neither of them playing a game in the NHL, I would say that Rundblad has to be viewed as the more promising prospect. With that in mind either of them could outdo the other in the big leagues. As far as the trade goes it seems like a good one for us; so far it doesn't seem as though there's anyone in that draft that I would have taken in his place.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote