HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins
Ryan Callahan 6 2.96%
Brandon Dubinsky 12 5.91%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 1.97%
Vaclav Prospal 159 78.33%
Michael Sauer 5 2.46%
Marc Staal 1 0.49%
Derek Stepan 7 3.45%
Wojtek Wolski 8 3.94%
Other 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Hey OT guys but I figure I can get a quick answer here. Question posed on Leaf board, anyone hear any storey as to why McCabe took #28? I know 24 is taken (little surprized Callaghn (I think?) didn't give it to him, kids usually do for vets but w/e) but any snippets as to why he chose #28?
No idea why he chose 28, but why would an Alternate Captain and long-term core player give up his number for a guy who's only going to be here for two months? Cally's in his 5th season. Hardly a "kid."

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:48 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

I still can't believe they won. I was keeping track until they were down 3-0. Then couldn't really watch but caught a glimpse of getting to 3-1 and 3-2. Had to go with 10minutes left in the third. Came back and saw Milbury talking about how they just don't' give up and the score was 5-3

DVR saves the day again!

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Congrats to Rangers for never quiting!

Great win against a strong team!
Thank God the team didn't quit like the fan.

Ranger fans are - by and far - the most fair-weathered fans I have ever witnessed in my life. This is such a hard-working, tough, blue-collar team that has fought tooth and nail to get where they are.

And every-single-day, all you hear is complaining and whining, and *****ing, and moaning.

"Torts sucks."
"The PP sucks."
"Hank sucks."
"This team has no heart."
Waaaah-waaaah-waaaaah. Half of you guys are "NEVER" happy with this team. It is soooo sad how much Ranger fans complain. When Montreal fans are saying, "Gee....you guys are down 1-0 and you're slicing you wrists." You know you're bad.

I hope most of you choke on crow. Seriously.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Hey OT guys but I figure I can get a quick answer here. Question posed on Leaf board, anyone hear any storey as to why McCabe took #28? I know 24 is taken (little surprized Callaghn (I think?) didn't give it to him, kids usually do for vets but w/e) but any snippets as to why he chose #28?
cally is no kid

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Torts classic assessment of his team. "We've got balls."
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:49 PM
NotAloneJustBlue

off topic but is there anyway to find post game radio via the web? i've searched all over nyrangers.com and only archives....they don't offer any links....what am i missing?

i had to resort to that stupid bruins post game for morsels....they just drone on and on and on about who is leading in the room...snooze

NotAloneJustBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
tpb209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I'm still jittery. This is why I love sports.
This. The high you get from a great win is better than any drug I may or may not have tried. This was a great win for the team, but there are clearly still some things to work on. It is pretty clear, though, that other teams will not want to play the Rangers in the playoffs. They will get ground down.

Bruins-Rangers first round would not be good because, even if the Rangers win, they won't have much left. The Flyers may have too much skill. The Caps would be perfect because we know what Staal/Girardi can do against Ovechkin and outside of that they don't have more than the Rangers.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
varanger94

I'll watch the game again tomorrow. I'll never forget tonight. This one stays in the DVR

Prospal potg

Good - The whole Team

Bad - Where's the PP A problem all year and where's Gaborik

Redden - WFAN and 1050 tomorrow trying not to talk about the Rangers.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I still have goosebumps. After the first I went out and got dinner I was frustrated as hell posted on here but then I came back flipped between the Yankees and Rangers. Glad I didn't fully give up. I was shocked they pulled it out all guts.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:52 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
The PP still sucks.

But Chara on that Sauer goal looked like a sad puppy.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post

Ranger fans are - by and far - the most fair-weathered fans I have ever witnessed in my life. This is such a hard-working, tough, blue-collar team that has fought tooth and nail to get where they are.

And every-single-day, all you hear is complaining and whining, and *****ing, and moaning.

"Torts sucks."
"The PP sucks."
"Hank sucks."
Waaaah-waaaah-waaaaah. Half of you guys are "NEVER" happy with this team. It is soooo sad how much Ranger fans complain. When Montreal fans are saying, "Gee....you guys are down 1-0 and you're slicing you wrists." You know you're bad.

If this place is so awful, find somewhere else to post. The only thing more annoying than the nonstop doom-and-gloom "Season's over!" crowd is those that whine endlessly about said crowd.

The people that complain regularly about the team, by and large, post here a ton. They're diehard fans like everyone else. People express themselves differently, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Again, if it's unbearable here, then leave.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
We aint in yet fellows. If Carolina wins vs Detroit we are right back with the pressure on again.

If Carolina loses in reg to Detroit, however, we should be good.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:

"Torts sucks."
"The PP sucks."
"Hank sucks."

Seriously, go away. Stop bringing negative energy into a thread full of positives and joviality.

Every team has fans that are so passionate and compulsive that they figuratively (and perhaps literally) slit their wrists at the first sign of trouble.

Not even gonna bother bringing up this argument again. Just... shoo.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Didn't realize he had an "A", makes sense then. Kid is a relative term to McCabe (and perhaps myself lol..). Abyhow, no matter, I'm a long time fan of Cabers, was just curious.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:56 PM
tpb209

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If this place is so awful, find somewhere else to post. The only thing more annoying than the nonstop doom-and-gloom "Season's over!" crowd is those that whine endlessly about said crowd.

The people that complain regularly about the team, by and large, post here a ton. They're diehard fans like everyone else. People express themselves differently, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I have little to no problem with the negative people that post a lot. They usually add actual analysis to their posts. My problem is with the fly by night negative posters that just pop in to say random crap. I really don't want to post names, but there are about 5 or 6 people that only post snippets like, "This team is going nowhere." If a poster actually adds something to the conversation occasionally, it isn't a big deal. The others are just wasting everyone's time.

Just to add, I may not agree with offdacrossbar a lot, and he is fairly negative at times, but he adds to almost any conversation on this board in a constructive manner. This is a great thing.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Ranger109

That was magic! Stephan scores his number.

Love that, players stepped up tonight that made this game a truly amazing MSG moment!

Stephan scores his 21st and his number, awesome!

What a win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I am still in shock. What an amazing miracle.

This could honestly give us amazing momentum should we use it to carry into the playoffs.

I was pissed the way this team played and was really worried that we would lose and be in playoff trouble. I am not here to say the team sucks abduction blah blah blah but I will say there are plenty of times that I am frustrated with this team, especially after the guts they showed tonight.

Anyways, CAR loses against DET and we get 1 point against ATL and we're in.

Still in shock, what an amazing win and what an amazing atmosphere.

Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

You're right. If it's really that unbearable, I will leave.

With that being said, just because people "post" here, doesn't mean they're "loyal." You cannot argue that there is such negativity on this board...you just can't. Just 'read' this GDT, it's laughable.

If you want to point out when things aren't going well...fine. No problem. But 9/10 everything is negative...occasionally you'll see a "Rangers are picking up their game." But that's by and far, rare.

You cannot argue that when you start spewing, "OMG! We suck. Fire everyone." that you're being a fair-weather fan. There is a difference with being frustrated and saying, "I'm so frustrated, this sucks." and every.single.post is negative.

But if you think "I'm worse" because I'm calling out people. So be it.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
darko

Just saw the replay of Dubi's goal. What a hell was Kaberle doing? Looked like he was expecting a dump in. Bonehead play.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

who's stephan

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:

"Torts sucks."
"The PP sucks."
"Hank sucks."

I'm completely with you. If you're a fan act like a fan. Some people think they're some kind of quasi-hockey analysts first and fans second. You're only a fan if you root for your team. That's just by definition what makes a fan a fan.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:

"Torts sucks."
"The PP sucks."
"Hank sucks."

When it's 3-0 and you're getting totally humiliated on home ice in a huge game, and then all of a sudden the last half of the game comes out of left field and you find yourself up 5-3, shouldn't you expect the fan's attitude to change just as the game did? The fans did nothing wrong here, they simply changed with the game. Every fan does it.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Just saw the replay of Dubi's goal. What a hell was Kaberle doing? Looked like he was expecting a dump in. Bonehead play.
I think that's exactly what happened. Cally took a few people by surprise by whipping a backhand towards the net.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I will be looking back to see who posted "seasons over" and "game over" posts.

In all seriousness, character win. Win of the season, without a doubt.
That's not fair. I would understand if the Rangers were playing well and losing 3-0. But they were getting manhandled in every area of the game.

Thomas letting in that cheapie to Prospal to make it 3-1 is what changed the game.

Also, credit Avery with some strong shifts in the 3rd. He helped turn the tide a bit as well.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
In his defense, I was expecting that puck to go into the corner at first too.

By the way, it feels like I've only ever seen players interacting with the crowd the way Dubinsky did at the end of the game just a handful of times in the NHL. Is it as rare as I feel like, or is this more of a coverage issue?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote