HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins
Ryan Callahan 6 2.96%
Brandon Dubinsky 12 5.91%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 1.97%
Vaclav Prospal 159 78.33%
Michael Sauer 5 2.46%
Marc Staal 1 0.49%
Derek Stepan 7 3.45%
Wojtek Wolski 8 3.94%
Other 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2011, 11:40 PM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
Wanna thank robruckus for making me laugh my a** off. 3 or 4 guys were whining the whole game thread and they were of course immediately jubilant as soon as Dubs scored. People keep bringing up lack of winning and asking why can't we be "negative" (Since 94 most of the league has failed to win so we aren't any worse off than anyone else) DOwn 3-0 all the venom in the world is warranted. coming back 3-2 it's time to **** and enjoy the game a little. I think that 3-2 point or 1-0 point is when it's just whining. Anyway people keep complaining they aren't allowed to be negative or they ask why it's a big deal but I think that's where the line is.

Now can we compare this to the comeback against Pitt where they had every PP in the world? They just grinded away this win to an insane degree. They've done this now ALL FRIGGIN YEAR so for the fools who keep asking why people think they have the potential to do something in the PO's this is whY! I don't think many of us even EXPECT to do anything it's just thaty we see the potential there. Crazy high character. Crazy leadership, toughness, grit, Tots said it, balls. Also you talk ho0ckey smarts gimpy prospal friggin puts himself in position better than anyone doesn't he?

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Youtube of postgame is up courtesy of Jesse Spector of the New York Daily News.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ohbaby

Today is my birthday and I couldn't have had a better present than this huge win!

In second game of a back to back, to get stronger with each period like we did,... is just monsterous!

This could be a birthday I'll never forget. Philly, Boston, Wash, Pitt,... better pray we don't make the playoffs or they are in big trouble.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:41 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
17:49 with 5 shots.
Thanks...maybe he can get it going against Atlanta.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
F’n A loved that game…. The big wins happen only when it’s against great odds…. That’s why we’ll remember this one.

The Redden has to be the thought of LoFFen missing the game because his internet is down…. He’s a big part of our Ranger board.
I know whats up with that. Btw, speaking people not being here. Any one know where the hell FLYLINE88 has been? I know he was taking care of a few things but...

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Thats basically what I mean, a 6-8 week prediction would mean essentially a snapped bone that he probably would not have been able to skate on. As you said you can break your ankle and still move on it, I wouldn't know, but 6-8 weeks sounds like a bad break that you aren't getting up from let alone skating back on the ice for a center ice salute.
I may be a quick healer, but when I broke mine I was in a cast for 17 days and back on the ice in 19 days. So it may all depend on if anything is actually broken or just a hairline or something.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:48 PM
tpb209

I don't really have a problem with the booing at MSG. I don't boo, but I know a lot of fans find in therapeutic for themselves. I also have absolutely no problem with wan Vinny said. He has every right to be angry at fans for booing HIS team.

Fans should realize that these players care about winning. If they didn't care about winning they would never be professional hockey players. Even if a player with Crosby like talent, would not be an NHL player, for very long, without the drive to win. They aren't out there trying to lose. Fans, I think, lose sight of this at times. All they see are millionaires that are failing. This is the same thing that got Alex Rodriguez booed at Yankee games for years. A-Rod was often the only reason the Yankees made the playoffs and, once he had one bad at-bat in the playoffs, he got booed.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:50 PM
nyrfan1026

where did this ridiculous callahan broken ankle rumor start in the first place? that would be devastating

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

When was the shot block?

I'll try and youtube it

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

just watched the replay...Cally was out there for the salute under his own power...looks like a stinger...worse carse hairline fracture, but he can play on it since he didn't look to be in pain...i mean it's a Chara shot, you're gonna feel it

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Okay, well I'm done updating for the night. Expect another one around 9:00 AM EST.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Okay, well I'm done updating for the night. Expect another one around 9:00 AM EST.
Thanks as always Wrap! Tomorrow's gonna be a fun reading day!

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Pugs35

Stepan with a great face there.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:23 AM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post

Stepan with a great face there.
That is awesome. I really love this group of kids. It's been a long time coming.

That said, Dubi's face in the earlier pic is hilarious. lol

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Crow is tastin great

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:00 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
According to Cerny cally wasn't in the locker room after the game, this does not look good
Callahan wasn't in the part of the locker room that's open to the media, most likely because he was getting some treatment. It's not a particularly rare thing for a player to be back on the training table after a game, there's usually one or two guys back there.

None of the media asked about Callahan after the game, but I'd be surprised if he was seriously hurt.

Now, that's not to say I can say without a doubt that he's not hurt, but I can say that it's not a terribly uncommon thing for these guys to be getting treatment during our post-game interview sessions. We only have about 20 minutes in there after the game before Torts comes out, at which point we're usually done.

Last edited by RothmanHockey: 04-05-2011 at 01:28 AM.
RothmanHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
When was the shot block?

I'll try and youtube it
It's in your last 5:00 YT after the 2:00 mark I believe, the commentators acknowledged the shot block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
I may be a quick healer, but when I broke mine I was in a cast for 17 days and back on the ice in 19 days. So it may all depend on if anything is actually broken or just a hairline or something.
I broke my ankle and had a cast for only 4 weeks. I chipped the bone close to the joint and almost needed surgery to keep it in place, which would have almost doubled the recovery time. You never know with an ankle, so many variables to determine how serious it might be.

For all we know its a bone bruise.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:09 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

POTG: Vinny P.

In reality, he probably just saved the season.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:15 AM
CM PUNK

not sure if anyone mentioned this...but gotta love torts trusting stepan enough to have him out there in the biggest final minute of the season to protect a 1g lead. and what composure by step to gain the redline before firing it into the open net.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:25 AM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
not sure if anyone mentioned this...but gotta love torts trusting stepan enough to have him out there in the biggest final minute of the season to protect a 1g lead. and what composure by step to gain the redline before firing it into the open net.
Especially that deke he pulled off that made that one Bruin go tumbling.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
ohbaby

How big are these 2 wins back to back with Philly and Boston come playoff time?

I'll bet we have an easier time beating these guys come playoffs.

Old
04-05-2011, 01:45 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
POTG: Vinny P.

In reality, he probably just saved the season.
The truth is, he's been saving the season for a few weeks. I was hoping he'd play this season as I felt he'd be the guy that makes or breaks the season for the team. Especially given Gaborik's atrocious season, THANK GOD FOR PROSPAL. And Prospal's right... F the lame excuse for fans that boo at any chance they can... and then wonder why they Rangers home record is so mediocre.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

I couldn't believe it when sauer's shot just trickled over. It looked like a weak shot that he fanned on or something (or thomas got a piece of it, I couldn't tell) but it just slipped in.

I thought for sure it was going to OT

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:51 AM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
And Prospal's right... F the lame excuse for fans that boo at any chance they can... and then wonder why they Rangers home record is so mediocre.
Let's be honest, how many games have there been where they didn't show even a fraction of the emotion they did tonight against the Bruins, and even tonight, they began to show signs of life during the second half of the game.

You hustle, you bust your ass, the fans won't rail away at you, but if you go on the ice, lost, make too many stupid passes instead of shooting - and that has been their M.O. this season - your powerplay is nothing more than to kill the clock, you really expect a passionate New York crowd not to boo?

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:01 AM
ohbaby

I think we can all thank Kaberle for leaving Dubi all alone infront of Thomas.

Watch the replay, you''ll see Kaberle leave Dubi infront thinking Cally was gonna dump the puck down low against the boards being Cally turned that way, but instead he threw it infront.

I could watch that goal over and over.