HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins
Ryan Callahan 6 2.96%
Brandon Dubinsky 12 5.91%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 1.97%
Vaclav Prospal 159 78.33%
Michael Sauer 5 2.46%
Marc Staal 1 0.49%
Derek Stepan 7 3.45%
Wojtek Wolski 8 3.94%
Other 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-05-2011, 02:27 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Watched the ending push again. Callahan was skating fine in the circle and to see Lundqvist. You don't put any pressure on that leg if it's a major injury.

I imagine he will be OK.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:07 AM
SkinneeJ

sounds about right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymyiRXCszc

skip to :49 if you're too impatient

SkinneeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:09 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Reading the first 700 posts of the GDT was sad. Never thought I would see those "fans" coming back in here.

Potg: Going with Vinny on this one
The Good: The fighting spirit
The Bad: First Period
The Redden: Whiny fans.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

HUGE credit goes to Torts. His bench management, and line juggling sparked this comeback imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:18 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Potg: Vinny P. , no doubt !
The Good: EPIC COMEBACK !
The Bad: 1st
The Redden: donīt know

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:24 AM
Sticky Fingers

I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch this game

Watched the highlights without knowing the result, man I was pissed at 0-3, but what a game! Soooo...are we back on the true contender bandwagon again?

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:26 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Let's be honest, how many games have there been where they didn't show even a fraction of the emotion they did tonight against the Bruins
This season? You can count them on one hand. The fans that can't appreciate the work ethic from this team this season... not worth too much as fans. That's for sure.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
This season? You can count them on one hand. The fans that can't appreciate the work ethic from this team this season... not worth too much as fans. That's for sure.
totally agree. there have been maybe 4 games all season where the team hasn't played at or very near 100% effort. This team has taken on it's coaches persona. aggressive, balls to the wall, never give up, leave everything on the ice.

love this team, love the coach, love the future.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:33 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
totally agree. there have been maybe 4 games all season where the team hasn't played at or very near 100% effort. This team has taken on it's coaches persona. aggressive, balls to the wall, never give up, leave everything on the ice.

Well and right said Sir

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:53 AM
Sticky Fingers

Torts talking bout Vinny should shut the haters for a while...

Old
04-05-2011, 04:45 AM
RegalRangers

I'm just remembering the bruins board after the 1-0 ranger win and how all the bruins fans were complaining about how boring the rangers are. Are they exciting enough for you now?!?

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:16 AM
KenGuru

I did not watch the entire game but I would probably say POTG was Prospal because he put Rangers in for the run for comeback.

The good: The comeback. I love comeback-games. Almost like watching a light version of miracle on ice

The bad (good ?): Seeing Thomas in 3 rd period, helpless and frustrated (watched the highlights)

I am not going to say that the Rangers will go to the playoffs but I think they certainly deserves it. Beating so many of the top teams this season.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
I did not watch the entire game but I would probably say POTG was Prospal because he put Rangers in for the run for comeback.

The good: The comeback. I love comeback-games. Almost like watching a light version of miracle on ice

The bad (good ?): Seeing Thomas in 3 rd period, helpless and frustrated (watched the highlights)

I am not going to say that the Rangers will go to the playoffs but I think they certainly deserves it. Beating so many of the top teams this season.
It would be interesting to see our statistics against top respective bottom this season, seems like we're having more wins against top teams. Probably not, but it should be close?!

Old
04-05-2011, 06:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Looking through this thread,some different names. Where do these people go when the team is not playing well(some people want the Rangers to lose because they are a bunch of miserable bums) or playing well or its the summer?

I HATE the little Ranger fan twitter accounts with their stupid blogs. They ask stupid questions and Zipay/Spector feel the need to respond to them which clutters up everyone sane Ranger fan timeline. Stupid questions to Capgeek about the Rangers salary cap situation. Asking about stupid trade rumors started by that Bob guy. I block all of those turds.

McDonagh is the one who looked to be skating on one leg. He took the shot to the back of his leg in the Philly game.

Stepan played his best game in a long time. He has looked tired recently but he made the key play on the second Prospal goal. His line with Wolski and Prospal created a scoring chance on nearly every shift the last 30 minutes of the game.

Staal played another MONSTER game. Whatever happened to that SHON guy who would constantly rag on Staal here? Idiots.

Magic number is 3.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:08 AM
AJRanger

Didn't stay up for this one but pleasantly surprised to see the score, especially from 3-0 down. I still maintain that I want the Bruins in the playoffs.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
I think we can all thank Kaberle for leaving Dubi all alone infront of Thomas.

Watch the replay, you''ll see Kaberle leave Dubi infront thinking Cally was gonna dump the puck down low against the boards being Cally turned that way, but instead he threw it infront.

I could watch that goal over and over.
Yeah....now that the insanity that was last night at the Garden is gone I see:

Softy on Timmy by Vinny.
Defensive breakdown by Kaberle on Dubi.
Horrible positioning by Timmy to let Sauer score.

Good on the boys for taking advantage of a team but it's really like the B's collapsed at the end, there. Don't even fathom what Kaberle and Thomas were thinking on the tying and go ahead goal.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:39 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Doesn't help that the most recent example was a pathetic turd of a game against the Islanders.

The effort was not there in the first. I'm overjoyed that it came and they won, ecstatic even. Made my month. But if they came out in the second like they did in the first it would've been one of the worst games of the year. Some of you guys make it sound like some of the fans were being critical of a 1-0, hard fought period. We were romped in the 1st.

After watching us give up those two games last week I have to defend those who were critical, but THIS game should show the team should not be doubted.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohf View Post
It would be interesting to see our statistics against top respective bottom this season, seems like we're having more wins against top teams. Probably not, but it should be close?!

NYR won all 3 games away in Pittsburg. Totally 4 of 6.
Beaten Capitals 3 out of 4 games (with impressive 6-0 and 7-0)
Beaten Bruins 3 out of 4
Philly won the 4 first games agains NYR this season. But NYR won the 2 last games.

So totally vs the top 4 teams in the eastern conference is 12 victories and 8 losses.
But the last loss against one of these teams are 20. february (Philly)

Strong victories against Kings, Sharks, Canucks, Hawks and Stars from the western conference too.

No doubt that the top teams suits NYR better. So thats why they can do well in the playoffs.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Chimp

From Bjurman's blog...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Lundqvist
- I see to it that I don't get too exalted when we score, I must remain calm and keep focus on what I have to do, but, yeah... today I just yelled straight out.
I sat pouting with one eye half closed after the dreadful first half of the game. They certainly woke me up, what a comeback.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:42 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Waiter...I'll have the Cajun Crow...medium well please.

Great win...reminds of the comeback in Pitt. Just wish they could start games the way the end them.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Vitto79

wow how great was this game! Let's Go Rangers!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Front page with a massive update as of 8:50 AM EST as promised. Some really good reads here folks after one of the better wins in recent memory.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Levitate

Quote:
HUGE credit goes to Torts. His bench management, and line juggling sparked this comeback imho.
Funny, people ***** about his line juggling if the Rangers lose

thing is all coaches juggle their lines if things aren't going well, I don't think Torts really does it that much more than others.

Quote:

Yeah, even when they went into that slump, most of the problem was their inability to put the puck in the net, not the level of their effort.They've worked hard all year, which is why the Islander game was so frustrating because it was a big departure from their identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah....now that the insanity that was last night at the Garden is gone I see:

Softy on Timmy by Vinny.
Defensive breakdown by Kaberle on Dubi.
Horrible positioning by Timmy to let Sauer score.

Good on the boys for taking advantage of a team but it's really like the B's collapsed at the end, there. Don't even fathom what Kaberle and Thomas were thinking on the tying and go ahead goal.
It's what annoys me about Thomas and why I don't think he's as good as his stats say he is. Not that he's not a really great goaltender that deserves to win the Vezina this year, but he's not THAT much better than everyone else like his stats would say. He gets way too aggressive and often causes problems for himself, and to his credit his crazy athleticism lets him recover and makes tons of highlight reel saves (that he wouldn't need to make if he was a more technically sound goalie), but if he doesn't get some help from his D then you see stuff like tonight where he makes some bad bad plays and gets burned for it. His save attempt on Wolski's one timer that led to Prospals first goal was a joke and he didn't get himself closed up because he was throwing himself at the puck. The Sauer goal was similar as he was way too aggressive and went sliding 5 feet out of the net, out of control and out of position.

And yeah it obviously sounds like I'm ragging on him a lot...I do think he's a fantastic goaltender. He can't put up those numbers without being one. But his style kind of irritates me and I think he gets a lot of help from his team.

This is also why I don't fear facing him in the playoffs so much...it's just like facing any other good goalie and most playoff teams have good goalies at this point

And yeah, Kaberle got burned trying to anticipate what Callahan was going to do and he jsut read the play really poorly.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

That pic of Dubi is great! He turned and yelled into the stands "**** yea"! The emotion and enthusiasm were priceless, puts a smile on my face.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Great post game threat thanks

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote