HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rundblad vs Tarasenko?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2011, 10:17 PM
  #26
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
What does one have to gain from any post in this entire thread? The whole thing is pointless, except to make people who don't seem to be able to think for themselves without first being told what it is they should think, somehow feel better about themselves.

It's nothing that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseam.


Congratulations, would you like a pat on the back? You haven't been proven anything, which is Suiteness' point.
Wow you are quite the jerk, aren't you?
1) I specifically said later its not my kind of thread, I just posted so I would at least partially pertain to the topic
2) I also specifically went out of my way to say all it was on my part is blind faith, just so spiteful people like you wouldn't make stupid comments about what I should or should not do to my back.
3) This thread is of interest to some. It isn't to you, Suiteness... or me. None of us have any reason to be posting how pointless or uninteresting we find this thread. Not trying to play mod, and I'm not even sure thats a rule, I just felt bad for the people who actually want a thread to discuss this topic.
4) With that being said, clearly I shouldn't be having this argument anymore. Sorry to all and if anyone else has an issue with this either PM me if you really care that much (not an insult to anyone who already has called me out), or just don't expect a response.

Sorry for this stupidity, guys.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  #27
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator
 
SensAreReligion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Wow you are quite the jerk, aren't you?
1) I specifically said later its not my kind of thread, I just posted so I would at least partially pertain to the topic
2) I also specifically went out of my way to say all it was on my part is blind faith, just so spiteful people like you wouldn't make stupid comments about what I should or should not do to my back.
3) This thread is of interest to some. It isn't to you, Suiteness... or me. None of us have any reason to be posting how pointless or uninteresting we find this thread. Not trying to play mod, and I'm not even sure thats a rule, I just felt bad for the people who actually want a thread to discuss this topic.
4) With that being said, clearly I shouldn't be having this argument anymore. Sorry to all and if anyone else has an issue with this either PM me if you really care that much (not an insult to anyone who already has called me out), or just don't expect a response.

Sorry for this stupidity, guys.
HAHAHAHA atta boy

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:55 PM
  #28
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Outside of the WJC: Rundblad
In the WJC: Tarasenko

It's a no brainer who the better prospect is in the eyes of HF.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:03 AM
  #29
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
What does one have to gain from any post in this entire thread? The whole thing is pointless, except to make people who don't seem to be able to think for themselves without first being told what it is they should think, somehow feel better about themselves.

It's nothing that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseam..
Yes, but let's look at the join date of the OP...

Why don't we just quote the threads where the subject has been discussed, or give some kind of tutorial to newcomers about how to make a research.

Less threads = win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Outside of the WJC: Rundblad
In the WJC: Tarasenko

It's a no brainer who the better prospect is in the eyes of HF.
lol, always funny and sad at the same time

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
  #30
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
I don't think we would ever have drafted Tarasenko, so it's a bit moot.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:58 AM
  #31
JMac13
Registered User
 
JMac13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
I think since people are getting so hung up on this "we were never drafting Tarasenko so this thread is dumb" that the title of it should probably be changed to Runblad vs anyone available with the 16 pick...

JMac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:33 AM
  #32
c_mak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 763
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to c_mak
I think it was a great move by the Sens management. A player on the board was valued higher than where he was about to be picked. Knowing this the Sens moved him for a prospect they had their eye on. I think the Russian factor is always going to play a part and Ottawa has been what now thrice bitten.
In the eye its PMD vs scoring forward. tough choice IMO I like PMD better.
Factors that tip the scale for me non russian, PMD harder to find, Right handed D,

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:40 AM
  #33
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Outside of the WJC: Rundblad
In the WJC: Tarasenko

It's a no brainer who the better prospect is in the eyes of HF.
Prospects are judged on how they develop year-to-year; how they improve in a league or move up a league. Offensive ones are measured heavily in terms of production.

It was disappointing when Rundblad went from a 45-0-10-10 in his draft year to a 47-1-12-13 line in his 2nd full SEL season. That wasn't a big enough jump for a prospect of his calibre. But then he atones for that in a big way by putting up a huge 55-11-39-50 season. Not only putting himself back on the map, but increasing his value substantially above his draft position.

It was disappointing when Tarasenko went from a 42-13-11-24 in his draft year to a 42-9-10-19 line in his 3rd full KHL season. His production not only stagnated, it declined. Now all he has to do is quadruple his production next season... No pressure!

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
  #34
Suiteness
Registered User
 
Suiteness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Time to Rebuild
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac13 View Post
I think since people are getting so hung up on this "we were never drafting Tarasenko so this thread is dumb" that the title of it should probably be changed to Runblad vs anyone available with the 16 pick...
Would make more sense. Then again, until any of these guys plays a single shift in the NHL, I fail to see how some could come to the conclusion that such and such is definitely a better player.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:05 AM
  #35
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mak View Post
I think the Russian factor is always going to play a part and Ottawa has been what now thrice bitten.
Hmm, since I have the Sens draft history open...

Nikulin and Zubov stuck it out for two years a piece in the AHL when they had much better options available. That seems reasonable. It's not their fault that we lost to a tough Anaheim team and Murray turned into a crazy size-Queen for a couple of years.

Kaigorodov (47th), Mirnov (67th), Lyamin (58th), Anikyenko (70th) and Bashkirov (60th) were all drafted relatively high. Atyushov was drafted with a late pick but became a star in the KHL and a number of the guys listed above became very good KHL players. No doubt the team expected a heck of a lot more than a combined 6 NHL games and what? ... 2 training camp attendances (Kaigorodov & Bashkirov for 1 camp each?).

So 6 relatively high picks and/or KHL stars didn't come over or take legitimate runs at making the NHL team.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:09 AM
  #36
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Would make more sense. Then again, until any of these guys plays a single shift in the NHL, I fail to see how some could come to the conclusion that such and such is definitely a better player.
I don't think we are coming to conclusions. We are getting a sense of what people think...

Just like when a lot of people didn't like the Rundblad trade...we didn't conclude it was a bad trade, we found out what everyone thought about it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
  #37
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,394
vCash: 500
It's really tough to judge. The Sens would have never chosen Tarasenko, so if Tarasenko turns out to be better than Rundblad one day we shouldn't be angry over the fact that the trade happened, but be angry over the fact that the Russian factor mentality was put into play in that particular situation.

I'm not sure it should be Tarasenko vs Rundblad.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:49 PM
  #38
Smeddy
Intangibles
 
Smeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
The real question is, does St.Louis regret it?

Smeddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:51 PM
  #39
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9 View Post
The real question is, does St.Louis regret it?
I don't see why they would right now. They made the trade for a reason and there's been nothing to show if they won the trade or not.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
  #40
Frodo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
I was pretty disappointed as a fan that we didn't get to cheer a draft selection when the thing was held in our own city. I thought that was a stupid move.

But it looks like it may have been a great move, and you gotta believe that Murray had guts to make that trade knowing the excitement of having the draft in Ottawa.

If Rundblad doesn't turn out though, then it's a crap move that deprived us fans of a moment of jubilation.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
  #41
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW
 
Pietraneglo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
IMO Rundblad is by far the better prospect at this point and there's no need to be overly polite. He's producing 5 times more points than the forward we're comparing him to. (Can we say the KHL and the SEL are roughly equivalent? best men's leagues outside north america?)

Tarasenko might kick it into overdrive next season and catch up to Rundblad if he scores 100 points but odds are it's not going to happen. Rundblad is one the best prospects in the world while Tarasenko is treading water in the KHL and is likely a bust if he doesn't have a breakout season in the next year or two.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:27 PM
  #42
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I was pretty disappointed as a fan that we didn't get to cheer a draft selection when the thing was held in our own city. I thought that was a stupid move.

But it looks like it may have been a great move, and you gotta believe that Murray had guts to make that trade knowing the excitement of having the draft in Ottawa.

If Rundblad doesn't turn out though, then it's a crap move that deprived us fans of a moment of jubilation.
The draft was in LA, last year...

It was in Ottawa when we picked Karlsson 15th overall...

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:42 PM
  #43
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?
 
Powdered Toast Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 500
I don't know what this thread is about but I am absolutely positive that I hate it.

Fire this thread.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
  #44
Countdown0
Painfully Honest
 
Countdown0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobofish View Post
I don't know what this thread is about but I am absolutely positive that I hate it.

Fire this thread.
Trolls can only be killed with fire, so you're getting the right idea (you trolls know who you are).

We certainly didn't lose as a result of trading the pick for Rundblad, but neither did St.Louis. Personally, I like the trade, because offensive d-men are awesome, and swedes are awesome, making Rundblad Awesome^2.

We'll see in a few season (or perhaps as soon as next season) who benefitted the most from this deal.


Last edited by Countdown0: 04-05-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: I like to have proper spelling, and grammar too.
Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
  #45
Ouroboros
Registered User
 
Ouroboros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 500
Rundblad is pretty good but if we could get a guy like Brian Bickell for him then I'd trade him in a flash.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:14 PM
  #46
Wham City
Registered User
 
Wham City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whistler
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Tarasenko was who I wanted, but at this point the trade looks pretty good for both sides. Time will tell.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
  #47
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I was pretty disappointed as a fan that we didn't get to cheer a draft selection when the thing was held in our own city. I thought that was a stupid move.

But it looks like it may have been a great move, and you gotta believe that Murray had guts to make that trade knowing the excitement of having the draft in Ottawa.

If Rundblad doesn't turn out though, then it's a crap move that deprived us fans of a moment of jubilation.
you dont remember bettman's "I have a trade to announce, and you're going to like this one" in Ottawa in 2008?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
  #48
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,845
vCash: 500
The trade wasn't Rundblad for Tarasenko, it was Rundblad for Ottawa's 1st round pick (16th overall)

The tittle of this thread has not much to do with reality, unless you are totally assuming that the Sens would have picked Tarasenko if Rundblad wasn't available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I was pretty disappointed as a fan that we didn't get to cheer a draft selection when the thing was held in our own city. I thought that was a stupid move.

But it looks like it may have been a great move, and you gotta believe that Murray had guts to make that trade knowing the excitement of having the draft in Ottawa.

If Rundblad doesn't turn out though, then it's a crap move that deprived us fans of a moment of jubilation.


Like I'm disappointed everyday reading that kind of posts. If you claim something (and even call it stupid), at least try to know what you are talking about... And it's not like you had a 1 year mistake, but 2 years

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:25 AM
  #49
c_mak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 763
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to c_mak
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Hmm, since I have the Sens draft history open...

Nikulin and Zubov stuck it out for two years a piece in the AHL when they had much better options available. That seems reasonable. It's not their fault that we lost to a tough Anaheim team and Murray turned into a crazy size-Queen for a couple of years.

Kaigorodov (47th), Mirnov (67th), Lyamin (58th), Anikyenko (70th) and Bashkirov (60th) were all drafted relatively high. Atyushov was drafted with a late pick but became a star in the KHL and a number of the guys listed above became very good KHL players. No doubt the team expected a heck of a lot more than a combined 6 NHL games and what? ... 2 training camp attendances (Kaigorodov & Bashkirov for 1 camp each?).

So 6 relatively high picks and/or KHL stars didn't come over or take legitimate runs at making the NHL team.
So thrice times two? The players drafted were risks IF they had worked maybe we'd be drafting the russians as fast as we seem to draft swedes. I'd like to know reasons why the refused to come over. I am hoping the answer is more than $ but cynicism leads me to that being the conclusion

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:49 AM
  #50
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!
 
Fenix Rises 2026's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
World Juniors seems to make or break people. Tarasenko had a big tournament, hence he's huge now. Cowen became a dog because he had a bad tournie, same with Couturier. Schenn is now king of all prospects.

It's a bit silly.

Also, let's draft Ryan Strome.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.