HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev

Old
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
otimer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
It's so true that Versteeg how shown the least effort out of anyone on the team and has caused some stupid turnovers.
Versteeg is working hard. Sorry been at the games and that's not so. Again...the TEAM needs to be more Urgent.

otimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
It's so true that Versteeg how shown the least effort out of anyone on the team and has caused some stupid turnovers.
I fail to see how Versteeg's performance is linked to Zherdev's.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:24 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

I think Versteeg just makes some terrible decisions, watching him live, it always seems like he's hustling.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Stockholm Syndrome

Aye, one thing you can't say about Versteeg is that he doesn't hustle. Never seen him take a shift off so far.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:38 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome View Post
Aye, one thing you can't say about Versteeg is that he doesn't hustle. Never seen him take a shift off so far.
I was at the game yesterday and saw him shy away from hits, not hustle towards 1v1 pucks, and make some bad turnovers. He wasn't the only one playing bad, but I truly felt he was our worst forward.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
infidelappel*

In general, Versteeg seems to try very hard. He just makes really stupid plays that make him look real bad.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
lancer247

i haven't been a big z fan but i would take a shot w/ him. he is a pure goal scorer on a team strugglling for offense. you only need to keep him focused for 28 gms max. if he isn't there you can always fall back on nodl.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:10 AM
SgtJoseph

I think Lavy's handling of the Enigma has been brilliant ! I think he figured he would bench Z until it hurts his pride....Then perhaps he would become contrite and ready for redemption come playoff time.He looked great Sunday.When he plays his best, he is one of the best players in this league period ! He has mad skills offensively and him and Girioux can really work it out front ...Hopefully Sundays performance will be repeated.....Verstig has been HORRIBLE ! and needs to step it up a lot !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:34 AM
tuckrr

JVR/G/Z was a HELL of a line offensively...TBH, im not totally opposed to them being our 3rd line...they can really capitalize on weaker lines (and with fresher legs)

nothing wrong with
steeg-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR- Giroux- Zherdev
Carcillo/powe-Betts-Nodl

thats a really REALLY strong top 9 guys, especially if you consider how good the HBL line can be in the playoffs. (I dont call them the Payoff line for nothing )

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
JVR/G/Z was a HELL of a line offensively...TBH, im not totally opposed to them being our 3rd line...they can really capitalize on weaker lines (and with fresher legs)

nothing wrong with
steeg-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR- Giroux- Zherdev
Carcillo/powe-Betts-Nodl

thats a really REALLY strong top 9 guys, especially if you consider how good the HBL line can be in the playoffs. (I dont call them the Payoff line for nothing )
I'd roll with these as the play-off lines for sure.

There are some people on here who know how to hold a grudge, and regardless of what Z does will always say he has no place on this line-up.

I strongly disagree, this team is floundering at the moment, and needs all the goalscorers it can get. Richie, Steeg, Cartz, Hartnell, Leino were ALL useless against the Rags.

The JVR-G-Z line was the only one that competed against the Rags.

I ask, who deserves a spot over Z for the 1st game of the playoffs?

No Goal?
Car Bomb?

I don't see either being an upgrade in the post season

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:32 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post

nothing wrong with
steeg-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR- Giroux- Zherdev
Carcillo/powe-Betts-Nodl

Have you seen how bad Richards/Carter are together? I don't know if they'd be any better with Carter on LW instead of right since Lavi never put him there in games this season but I want no part of those two together with Richards at C and Carter on RW.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Have you seen how bad Richards/Carter are together? I don't know if they'd be any better with Carter on LW instead of right since Lavi never put him there in games this season but I want no part of those two together with Richards at C and Carter on RW.
Instead you would go with.........................?

Old
04-05-2011, 07:19 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
Instead you would go with.........................?
Z/G/Carter has been our best line, or at least G/C and whoever on LW. As long as Z is playing mediocre defence at best I want them together.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:59 AM
CptCannon

Saw him throwing some bodychecks during Rags game, kinda liked that.

The most I hate in Zherdev is he refuses to do the simple and safe play out of own zone. Many times he should just chip it out and not try any fancy moves right before crossing own blue line.

Guy just has way too much talent and synergy with Giroux to be put in the pressbox.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Z/G/Carter has been our best line, or at least G/C and whoever on LW. As long as Z is playing mediocre defence at best I want them together.
I too recall that being a successful line at various points this season, so I wouldn't be offended by that.

But I would worry about the lines defensive capabilities overall.

Maybe using Zherdev on a line with Steeg & Richie? Just so their defensive abilities and Richies passing compulsion would complement Z?

The team is playing with such lacklustre at the moment, these last few games are really a good time to stabilise the lines and try to find the winning formula

Old
04-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Cartsiephan*

They should resign Zherdev, he is obviously the straw that stirs the drink.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Zherdev is clearly like the super hot chick... who is completely bat guano nuts. Some guys remember she's bat guano nuts, others forget after they haven't seen how hot she was in a while.

Zherdev is a tremendously skilled hockey player... unfortunately, that isn't enough in the NHL.
He's like a relationship from the past that turned sour and all the sudden she comes back out of nowhere. You think she changed and she looks to be putting in the effort to make it work but it's all an act to get back in. As soon as she feels comfortable she will start being that controlling ***** you kicked to the curb months ago and you swear her off for life. Somehow that same chick will slither her way back into your life multiple times before you cut your losses and murder her.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
TOCxNJ

Z's compete level is no worse than anyone else on this team at this point...even the "old" Zherdev plays with more intensity than what some of our players have dropped to lately. Basically for the last month we've had a whole team of "old Zherdevs"

No reason to bench him anymore IMO. However, if he's a locker room cancer it's justified to sit him out...It's impossible for us to tell.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:40 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2468
Tim P. has a related article:

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/05/11/In...657&feedID=704

Quote:
The last time this happened to Zherdev happened to be in this very city – Feb. 26 in Ottawa. One day removed from clearing waivers, he sat down with Holmgren and Laviolette and they mapped out what they expected of the Russian winger for the rest of the season.

“He played real good for half the game and then he ran out of gas,” Holmgren said. “I think this time in the two games he’s played he’s looked fresh. He’s really worked hard and I’m proud of him.

“He spent a lot of time with the assistant coaches and a lot of time just by himself. He’s worked and it shows. We knew at some point that he’d come up as a pretty nice option for us to get in there. Credit to Nik, he worked out and he’s played good in the games he has played lately.”

A giant among racehorses, Unbridled became an even more towering figure at stud, siring a winner of each Triple Crown race, as well as champions, Grade 1 winners, and major producers at stud.

Paulick Report, May 19, 2015
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

nice to see some recognition for his hard work. Homer likes this guy. You can tell

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
nice to see some recognition for his hard work. Homer likes this guy. You can tell
So much so he is going to let him walk at the end of the season. At this point he is just trying to keep everyone on the same path so if they do need him they know they can call on him to play. Healthy roster and he is still going to sit, says a lot of what the coach thinks of the player.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:16 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
good secret weapon

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:51 AM
kicksave27

Why is he not in the lineup just for the sake of shootouts?

I hope he continues into a playoff push and does well. Ville was in a similar boat last year. Yeah, Nodl can check, but he can't shoot from a boat and hit water. Z can flatout score when he wants to, especially when he won't get the top D pair. The team just needs everyone to play hard all at once, which is what the playoffs are. They will destroy teams if they do.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
So much so he is going to let him walk at the end of the season. At this point he is just trying to keep everyone on the same path so if they do need him they know they can call on him to play. Healthy roster and he is still going to sit, says a lot of what the coach thinks of the player.

You seriously don't have a clue how Homer or Lavy feels about Nic, nor do you have any idea what their plans for him in the Playoffs are. Why do you always post like you know something that you clearly don't? I have no problem with people that see some fault in his game but you take it overboard with Z and Carter. You're not in the dressing room and you look very uninformed when you act like you are.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
have you seen them in 4 on 4???

how many OT goals did those guys put up for us 2 years ago????

i think steeg is the catalyst to make that line click. given a bit more time, that line would dominate 5 on 5...such a complete line in Steeg-rich-carter

although, i do feel JVR/carter are interchangeable if that line really flops. (but i really dont think they would in the playoffs...think OT think playoffs )

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote