HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins
Ryan Callahan 6 2.96%
Brandon Dubinsky 12 5.91%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 1.97%
Vaclav Prospal 159 78.33%
Michael Sauer 5 2.46%
Marc Staal 1 0.49%
Derek Stepan 7 3.45%
Wojtek Wolski 8 3.94%
Other 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
  #451
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
great job on the postgame thread wraparounds. much appreciated to have all the links in one place.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:36 AM
  #452
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
at the game last night. Had a few vocal Bruin fans behind us. When Dubi scored I leapt into this guys face and he was shaking. They ran out of there at 5 - 3. Great win. Now finish the job!!

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:37 AM
  #453
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
aside from the obvious reasons why im happy we came back and won, there is another

i was so happy to see the commentary guys looks like d-bags after at least 2 hours of non stop bruin knob-slobbing

i certainlly didnt expect a rangers love-fest but last night was out of control...it felt like watching a steelers game where its pretty much painted as Gods gift to sports vs some other schmucks

i am alone on this? i had no idea there was such a boston love affair out there

mullichicken25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:39 AM
  #454
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
aside from the obvious reasons why im happy we came back and won, there is another

i was so happy to see the commentary guys looks like d-bags after at least 2 hours of non stop bruin knob-slobbing

i certainlly didnt expect a rangers love-fest but last night was out of control...it felt like watching a steelers game where its pretty much painted as Gods gift to sports vs some other schmucks

i am alone on this? i had no idea there was such a boston love affair out there
The Bruins looked fine and we looked like trash. I actually can't blame the announcers at all.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:45 AM
  #455
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
If the Islanders game was the lowest point of my disappointment...then this game is certainly the polar opposite of that. I'm a little displeased that it took a 3-0 deficit mid-way into the game for them to find their nuts...but I'm damn proud of the team this morning. If it was a test of their perseverance...they passed with flying colors. Bravo boys.

IMO phase I of the rebuild is over. There's a strong core of players capable of taking the team into the playoffs while a pipline feeds the system from the farm. It's time to start Phase II and surround this core with the necessary upper echelon talent that the draft hasn't yet provided.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
  #456
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Stepan played his best game in a long time. He has looked tired recently but he made the key play on the second Prospal goal. His line with Wolski and Prospal created a scoring chance on nearly every shift the last 30 minutes of the game.
This.

I noticed that Stepan was particularly physical last night. I remember reading an article last year where he and his coach talked about how physical engagement makes his overall game improve, and I think last night is a testament to that. Even just his little bump on Ference on the 2nd Prospal goal bought him enough time to make a play on the puck.

He was banging defensemen all night. He isn't heavy enough for them to be bone-crushers, but he was making good body contact on every shift. It isn't something that's been there all year for him, but when he plays like this, he's much more effective.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
  #457
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
If the Islanders game was the lowest point of my disappointment...then this game is certainly the polar opposite of that. I'm a little displeased that it took a 3-0 deficit mid-way into the game for them to find their nuts...but I'm damn proud of the team this morning. If it was a test of their perseverance...they passed with flying colors. Bravo boys.

IMO phase I of the rebuild is over. There's a strong core of players capable of taking the team into the playoffs while a pipline feeds the system from the farm. It's time to start Phase II and surround this core with the necessary upper echelon talent that the draft hasn't yet provided.
that's it right there!

Only so much you can do with the draft esp. for a team in our situation. makes some moves and bring in some top line talent.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
  #458
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
So what's the deal, Callahan is okay and that was just a completely made up rumor last night?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
  #459
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So what's the deal, Callahan is okay and that was just a completely made up rumor last night?
All of the beat writers have debunked this. He just wasn't available in the locker room after the game.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:09 AM
  #460
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
NYR won all 3 games away in Pittsburg. Totally 4 of 6.
Beaten Capitals 3 out of 4 games (with impressive 6-0 and 7-0)
Beaten Bruins 3 out of 4
Philly won the 4 first games agains NYR this season. But NYR won the 2 last games.

So totally vs the top 4 teams in the eastern conference is 12 victories and 8 losses.
But the last loss against one of these teams are 20. february (Philly)

Strong victories against Kings, Sharks, Canucks, Hawks and Stars from the western conference too.

No doubt that the top teams suits NYR better. So thats why they can do well in the playoffs.
Thanks for that! It will be interesting to see what we can do come playoff time (if we get there)

Sticky Fingers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:15 AM
  #461
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Not to gross anyone out here, but I stripped down to my freaking birthday suit, did a head stand on the bed, and ran around the apartment screaming like a maniac when they won this game last night, all to the amazement of my speechless wife, watching me the whole time...just saying!!

Unbelievable comeback..one of the biggest wins I have ever seen from the Rangers, and I've been a fan for 25 years. I don't know if it was really that big, or if it's just an indication that big Ranger wins don't come around too often...but for me, this was the complete antithesis of the Montreal game a few years back, when they blew the 5-0 lead, and while not in 94 territory..kinda close as far as emotional wins goes, and right up there with any of the games from the 97 playoffs or 08 playoffs. HUGE, HUGE win. Let's just hope they don't **** the bed against the Thrashers on Thursday, and make it all for nothing.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
  #462
Lennon27NYR
 
Lennon27NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey =/
Country: United States
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
I'm still speechless!! I'm never deleting this game off DVR!! and actually, i'm going to watch it again now! It's..

Lennon27NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:23 AM
  #463
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Location: Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,128
vCash: 500
Not living in NYC....did this great comeback win get any play in the local media,or was it still the typical Yankee's win 3rd game of the year stuff !!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:26 AM
  #464
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
Not living in NYC....did this great comeback win get any play in the local media,or was it still the typical Yankee's win 3rd game of the year stuff !!
Lol..not even a whisper. Yankees were actually off last night, so the stupid NCAA tournament got all the press.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
  #465
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
I sure did squeal like a pig once Dubi tied it, but honestly we sucked most of the game. We have to be thankful Thomas for meltdown he had.
I would withhold any optimism for now. We just got lucky. That happens with those who try, yet there's no guarantee. Call me when we clinch.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:35 AM
  #466
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..not even a whisper. Yankees were actually off last night, so the stupid NCAA tournament got all the press.
Incorrect. The Yankees played last night.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
  #467
Lennon27NYR
 
Lennon27NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey =/
Country: United States
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
NYR won all 3 games away in Pittsburg. Totally 4 of 6.
Beaten Capitals 3 out of 4 games (with impressive 6-0 and 7-0)
Beaten Bruins 3 out of 4
Philly won the 4 first games agains NYR this season. But NYR won the 2 last games.

So totally vs the top 4 teams in the eastern conference is 12 victories and 8 losses.
But the last loss against one of these teams are 20. february (Philly)

Strong victories against Kings, Sharks, Canucks, Hawks and Stars from the western conference too.

No doubt that the top teams suits NYR better. So thats why they can do well in the playoffs.
Well those stats are a lil scrarry knowing are next two HUGE games are against those damn Trashers and Devils...

Lennon27NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
  #468
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..not even a whisper. Yankees were actually off last night, so the stupid NCAA tournament got all the press.
Actually, the Yankees played and won last night so the NCAAs knocked them both off the air in that case.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
  #469
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Incorrect. The Yankees played last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Actually, the Yankees played and won last night so the NCAAs knocked them both off the air in that case.
Lol..whoops, my bad. I actually do remember them playing now..still in ecstasy over this game I guess..and I'm a baseball fan too..but I'm a Mets fan, so I get a pass on this one!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:44 AM
  #470
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
aside from the obvious reasons why im happy we came back and won, there is another

i was so happy to see the commentary guys looks like d-bags after at least 2 hours of non stop bruin knob-slobbing

i certainlly didnt expect a rangers love-fest but last night was out of control...it felt like watching a steelers game where its pretty much painted as Gods gift to sports vs some other schmucks

i am alone on this? i had no idea there was such a boston love affair out there
I really didn't feel that at all. When the announcers were critical in the first half of the game, they had every right to be critical. We're just so used to the Rosen/Micheletti Rangers spin that when a Brickley or an Olczyk says something the least bit negative, it sounds so foreign.

When the Bruins were playing well and the Rangers were playing poorly, that's what he said. Difficult to argue with him.

That said, I thought Brickley was actually pulling for the Rangers when they started their comeback. Sounded like they both got completely caught up in the emotion of the building, and really looked at it from a Rangers perspective.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:47 AM
  #471
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..whoops, my bad. I actually do remember them playing now..still in ecstasy over this game I guess..and I'm a baseball fan too..but I'm a Mets fan, so I get a pass on this one!


Mets and Rangers...I feel for ya. Hopefully things are turning around for both teams.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:50 AM
  #472
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post


Mets and Rangers...I feel for ya. Hopefully things are turning around for both teams.
Haha...I would just like the Mets to finish in 3rd, a few games over .500, and for the Wilpons to sell the team..that right there would be a satisfying season for me!

As far as the Rangers go..I have high hopes for this team in the future.


Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 04-05-2011 at 10:02 AM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:51 AM
  #473
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I really didn't feel that at all. When the announcers were critical in the first half of the game, they had every right to be critical. We're just so used to the Rosen/Micheletti Rangers spin that when a Brickley or an Olczyk says something the least bit negative, it sounds so foreign.

When the Bruins were playing well and the Rangers were playing poorly, that's what he said. Difficult to argue with him.

That said, I thought Brickley was actually pulling for the Rangers when they started their comeback. Sounded like they both got completely caught up in the emotion of the building, and really looked at it from a Rangers perspective.
Agreed. Although I think it's highly suspect of Vs. to put home team announcers in the booth for national games, like last night with Brickley calling Boston's game or when Benenati calls Capitals games, they didn't seem overly biased in any direction. I actually give Brickley a lot of credit for that...shows a high degree of prefessionalism.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:51 AM
  #474
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
When we're in the playoffs we're going to go through some rough patches. I believe this team can work through them, but it sure would be nice to see the fans support the team through them. I'd love to hear some "Lets Go Rangers!" chants when we're losing. The booing has got to stop.

Quitting on your team and being a fake fan are one and the same. And both deserve nothing but contempt.
so when this team is playing like dog *****...and I post that they are playing like dog *****...I'm a fake fan?

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
  #475
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
so when this team is playing like dog *****...and I post that they are playing like dog *****...I'm a fake fan?
Yeah, really. I have a major issue with people telling me I shouldn't boo the team when they're playing like crap. Fan means fanatic, and I AM a fanatic. So when they're playing good, I will scream my heart out for them..but if they're playing like crap, I'm gonna boo them, it's that simple. I pay my hard earned money, that's my right. Doesn't mean I'm giving up on them, or quitting on them...they're just pissing me off at that moment, and I'm letting 'em know about it!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.