HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For all the crazy emoness here...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2011, 11:12 PM
  #1
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 50
For all the crazy emoness here...

Have we been out of a top 8 spot even for one night while we weren't in action yet this season?

Honestly at this point I'm just curious, I remember reading some super optimistic article back in November saying no team has missed the playoffs that was in the top 8 at Thanksgiving, which seemed like a far-fetched stat.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
  #2
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
we were ninth a week or two back

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:48 PM
  #3
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
we were ninth a week or two back
We weren't 9th anytime while going 8-1-1 and I know for sure these latest 2 losses last week did not leave us in 9th at any point.

edit: unless Carolina was ahead by a tiebreaker at some point?

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
  #4
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
October 29 last time we didnt finish a night after we played a game in a playoff spot

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:09 AM
  #5
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
October 29 last time we didnt finish a night after we played a game in a playoff spot
Right. The Rangers were in 9th once a few weeks ago after all games had been played and they had been idle that night. It lasted until the played the next night and won.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
  #6
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
weve been up as far as 5th this year, weve been un and down since late october.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
  #7
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Have we been out of a top 8 spot even for one night while we weren't in action yet this season?

Honestly at this point I'm just curious, I remember reading some super optimistic article back in November saying no team has missed the playoffs that was in the top 8 at Thanksgiving, which seemed like a far-fetched stat.
Talk to me when they clinch, which hopefully will be in a few days.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
  #8
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
This is kinda misleading. There were a couple of times when percentage-wise we had the ninth best record, but because we had played more games at the time, we were technically in playoff position.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
  #9
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
This is kinda misleading. There were a couple of times when percentage-wise we had the ninth best record, but because we had played more games at the time, we were technically in playoff position.
Lol does that matter now? Obviously its not too misleading because there are 3 games left in the season and theyre STILL in playoff position. It's not like another team who had played less games caught them and knocked them out.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
  #10
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Lol does that matter now? Obviously its not too misleading because there are 3 games left in the season and theyre STILL in playoff position. It's not like another team who had played less games caught them and knocked them out.
Of course it's not pertinent to where we are now, but where we are now is not the point of the OP. The OP asks if we were out of a playoff position at any time this year, and at times this year that was pertinent.

Let's stay on topic.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.