HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello status (4/18: Sent back down)

Old
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
nabby12

vCash: 500
zucc should be called up again for the playoffs im guessing

nabby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabby12 View Post
zucc should be called up again for the playoffs im guessing
Why, he was playing like **** when the games tightened up. The playoffs are even tighter.

I like Zucc a lot but lets just wait till next year with him.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Scooter17

Due to his size, if Zucc doesn't become a 60+ pt player within the next 2-3 seasons, then he shouldn't be in the NHL. There are plenty of guys that can score 40-50 pts, but can also add more of a physical game.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
blupride99

what an ignorant comment... points are not the bottom line. zuc's strength is that he has the ability to create opportunities that most guys can't even dream of.

blupride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Chimp

Not to mention we only have 5 guys who are breaking the 40 point limit on this team. We don't exactly have an overabundance of scorers. Give Zuke patience, small players need that time to adapt. His potential is really high, he has the skills, the proper mentality and intelligence. 3 seasons sounds about enough.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blupride99 View Post
what an ignorant comment... points are not the bottom line. zuc's strength is that he has the ability to create opportunities that most guys can't even dream of.
Not ignorant at all. Name one undersized player that has stuck in the NHL without putting up big numbers. Like I said, he still has 2-3 more seasons to prove he can do it.

Old
04-05-2011, 04:09 AM
blixt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
Due to his size, if Zucc doesn't become a 60+ pt player within the next 2-3 seasons, then he shouldn't be in the NHL. There are plenty of guys that can score 40-50 pts, but can also add more of a physical game.
You've probably already seen what Zucc can bring to the team when he plays well, the question is whether Zucc is correct player for NYR. However, it is wiser to let him play a central role with a lot of ice time in the AHL, than give him a few minutes in the playoffs.

blixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:55 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blixt View Post
You've probably already seen what Zucc can bring to the team when he plays well, the question is whether Zucc is correct player for NYR. However, it is wiser to let him play a central role with a lot of ice time in the AHL, than give him a few minutes in the playoffs.
The question is not whether "Zucc is the correct player for NYR," it should be whether he can make it anywhere in the NHL if he can't with the NYR, since one of the Rangers' most glaring needs is a scoring-line winger.

I understand that it is a natural tendency to want to see one's countrymen succeed, but I think it would be a mistake to see him be sent down and then question his fit with the NYR. We've seen rookies be brought along very well by the Rangers in recent years, so it might just be that our Norwegian friend may not be right for the NHL, not the Rangers.

Regardless, I think patience is warranted here. He's still a kid, after all.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:43 AM
blixt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
The question is not whether "Zucc is the correct player for NYR," it should be whether he can make it anywhere in the NHL if he can't with the NYR, since one of the Rangers' most glaring needs is a scoring-line winger.

I understand that it is a natural tendency to want to see one's countrymen succeed, but I think it would be a mistake to see him be sent down and then question his fit with the NYR. We've seen rookies be brought along very well by the Rangers in recent years, so it might just be that our Norwegian friend may not be right for the NHL, not the Rangers.

Regardless, I think patience is warranted here. He's still a kid, after all.
Understand your reasoning but I'm not quite agree. It is certainly exciting when our countrymen are doing well, but I'm also a realist. Zucc is currently not good enough for NYR, but it will not say he is too poor to play in the NHL. It all depends on how the coach chooses to use the lines and how he benefits the roles so that the lines may work best. It is precisely here Zucc has not settled because he did not find his position in the line and that's when he loses self-confidence.

Last edited by blixt: 04-05-2011 at 05:56 AM.
blixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

People are completely nuts if they are writing off Zucc after his first 30 NHL games.

Kid has more potential then 75% of the roster.

The whole size factor is a non issue since it doesn't effect his game at all in a negative way like it did with Prucha and Dawes.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
blupride99

Quote:
Understand your reasoning but I'm not quite agree. It is certainly exciting when our countrymen are doing well, but I'm also a realist. Zucc is currently not good enough for NYR, but it will not say he is too poor to play in the NHL. It all depends on how the coach chooses to use the lines and how he benefits the roles so that the lines may work best. It is precisely here Zucc has not settled because he did not find his position in the line and that's when he loses self-confidence.
I'll have to agree, and lets be honest.. Zuc is a finesse player. No he's not perfect and yes he has a long way to go but it'd be nice if people could learn to take a proper pass once in a while. He's precise, makes quick decisions, and has vision.. something the rest of the team could really benefit from. There's no doubt the NYR guys have heart and work hard, but that alone doesn't win championships... and they could learn a lot from that little guy.

blupride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Exactly, look at PA Parenteau. Was an AHLer with us, now a 1st line player with the isles.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Exactly, look at PA Parenteau. Was an AHLer with us, now a 1st line player with the isles.
To be fair, that's not saying much. No slight to Tavares or Moulson.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
92hatchattack

So who is coming up to take Cali's spot?

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:55 AM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
So who is coming up to take Cali's spot?

Is it confirmed that Callahan is injured ?

In that case I doubt Zuccarello will be sent up. Probably Weise or Williams. Torts dont believe in Zuccarello (not ready) in tight physical games close to playoff or playoff-games.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckHead237 View Post
People are completely nuts if they are writing off Zucc after his first 30 NHL games.

Kid has more potential then 75% of the roster.

The whole size factor is a non issue since it doesn't effect his game at all in a negative way like it did with Prucha and Dawes.
The whole size factor is an issue if he doesn't eventually turn into a player who can score 60+ pts.

Old
04-05-2011, 01:40 PM
babyshamble

I think that Zuccarello should be called up. With Callahan out we are seriously lacking in the scoring departement. We have a lot of guys that can block shots, kill penalties and grind it out. We do not have enough guys that can create offense. That is the worst thing about Callys injury for this team. I really don`t see the point of calling up Weise, Newbury or Grachev. None of those guys are able to create offense on this level.

And yes i agree that Zuc did not play well enough and did look tired his last couple of games. The Isles game was brutal but all in all I think that he did a preety good job over 41 games and he also has the most assists on the whole team on the power-play tied with Gaborik.

I also watched the CW game against Portland the other day and he played a great game and did not look tired at all even tough this was his 3rd game in 4 days since he was sent down.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:41 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
he's not near to being a 2nd line player on any other team

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Ola

Can Zucc be called up at any time? I heard something about some kind of limit we reached? Never heard about such limit before...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Dagh

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Can Zucc be called up at any time? I heard something about some kind of limit we reached? Never heard about such limit before...
I heard they could due to injury, but then I read somewhere that Torts had already said they wanted to keep him with the Whale.

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
DrAStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagh View Post
I heard they could due to injury, but then I read somewhere that Torts had already said they wanted to keep him with the Whale.
Torts made it clear in his interview today that they are keeping Zucc with the Whale...made it sound like a call-up wasn't even a consideration

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Guy is worn out. He'll be back next season.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:24 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Guy is worn out. He'll be back next season.
I know he is lifeless to begin with but has Christensen really been that much of an offensive dynamo lately?

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Drury will probably replace him if he comes back.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Drury will probably replace him if he comes back.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote