HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fans elect Carey Price Canadiens player of the year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2011, 12:27 AM
  #26
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,000
vCash: 50
Who else would you choose ? The only person who seems to show up with consistency in their work effort is Youppi.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:56 AM
  #27
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,951
vCash: 500
This where Price says:
"You all mine now, *****es. Bow before me."

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:51 AM
  #28
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Marvellous season for Carey. Really happy for him. Let's hope he keeps the same rhythm in the post season as well and that the team doesn't let him down

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:41 AM
  #29
Zam Boni
Registered User
 
Zam Boni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Congrats to Carey!
Something tells me this wont be his last one either...

Zam Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
  #30
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
All I can say about comments sites like TSN, Youtube etc is "I have total anonymity, time to act like a jackass and show what a pansy I am"

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:09 AM
  #31
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,283
vCash: 256
No Carey, no playoffs. No surprises by far our most important and improved player this year. Congrats to him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:18 AM
  #32
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges
 
Tendresse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Wait a minute guys, he allowed 5 games in a pre-season game. There's no way in hell he can do a better job than Halak.

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
  #33
Santino
Registered User
 
Santino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendresse View Post
Wait a minute guys, he allowed 5 games in a pre-season game. There's no way in hell he can do a better job than Halak.
maybe this will be a lesson to our idiotic fansbase to relax a little, be patient and stop freaking out about everything.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:29 AM
  #34
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Bruins fans calling others chockers. The irony.
Calling Price a choker too! The guy who shut them out in game 7 of the first round. ROFLMAO

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
  #35
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
Let's not play revisionist history here. There were some people on the internet who supported Price (and even then, I wouldn't claim it was a majority of fans), but there is no doubt that if you just talked to people "in real life", the overwhelming majority of them were Price haters. Not just Halak fans, but Price haters. The comments were almost universally negative when Halak was traded. He was booed on a night where he got the third star! People weren't giving him any credit for anything and everyone was saying he was too weak mentally to perform in Montreal. Seriously, I actually was the only Price supporter out of everyone I knew.

The hate isn't overstated. Montrealers were doing to Price the same thing they had done to Brisebois.

Bear in mind that the people who frequent this board are an extreme minority of fans. The majority of fans hated Price last year. That's really no overstatement.

That he somehow managed to become a winner in this environment is a testament to the fact that he, in fact, is quite strong mentally.
I always preferred Price, even when Halak was at his zenith. I feared that Price would be traded, leaving the Habs with a very good but not great goaltender who is incapable of strong play for 70+ games followed by a playoff ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
While he's a had great season, you don't win the stanley cup in the regular season either!

He was a logical choice for this, no one else was close.
The Habs have a long way to go before they're capable of winning the championship. However, having an elite goaltender as a foundation to build on is a very helpful if not essential first step because hot goaltending sometimes can thwart a superior team over a short series.

As Winston Churchill said during WW II after the Brits survived the German air raids during WW II (I may have a few minor words out of place in his quote): "It isn't the end, it isn't even the beginning of the end, but it's the end of the beginning."

Now let Goat add some strong building block.

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
  #36
icerocket
Registered User
 
icerocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlantis
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,526
vCash: 500
Jaroslav Who?

I kid, I kid.

But it's nice to see the Price haters having to eat so much crow.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:24 AM
  #37
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Calling Price a choker too! The guy who shut them out in game 7 of the first round. ROFLMAO
Price is also the guy to appear in 8 straight playoff losses since that game including a 4 game sweep by the Bruins the following year.

If Price also played to his potential in games 5 and 6 of that series, there wouldn't have been a need for game 7.

For all intense purposes, to this date Price has choked in the playoffs compared to how he's played in the regular season. Its why all season long, I didn't want to over play him, to rest him here and there so he isn't fatigued in the playoffs.

07/08 reg .920 sv% playoffs .901 sv%
08/09 reg .905 sv% playoffs .878 sv%
09/10 reg .912 sv% playoffs .890 sv%

Price has yet to step up his play in the playoffs. You can complain that the team around him failed in the playoffs all those years or you can accept reality and realize Price didn't step up his game when it was most important. Just like Price had to step up his game this entire season for us to make the playoffs.

The reality is he is young, he is only 23 and we've got a bright future. The Bruins fans that said he's choked in the playoffs are right. Its reality. But I wouldn't trade any goalie in the league for him straight up, he's young and got the biggest upside of any goalie. Most other goalies that are in their prime and as good as Price or better are considerably older than Price, we've got a great future with him.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
  #38
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Jaroslav Who?

I kid, I kid.

But it's nice to see the Price haters having to eat so much crow.
I don't blame them because they aren't experts (not that I'm claiming to be one). They failed to take enough factors into consideration in evaluating Price. They harped on his immaturity, not giving him credit for having the potential to overcome it. They didn.t allow for his size, strength, and stamina advantage (I remember Halak being physically driven back into his cage or having tthe puck taken away from him on too many occasions). They didn't allow for Price's vastly superior clearing and passing ability. They saw him flun a few shots high on the glove side and they failed to realize that that flaw could be overcome.

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
  #39
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Price is also the guy to appear in 8 straight playoff losses since that game including a 4 game sweep by the Bruins the following year.

If Price also played to his potential in games 5 and 6 of that series, there wouldn't have been a need for game 7.

For all intense purposes, to this date Price has choked in the playoffs compared to how he's played in the regular season. Its why all season long, I didn't want to over play him, to rest him here and there so he isn't fatigued in the playoffs.

07/08 reg .920 sv% playoffs .901 sv%
08/09 reg .905 sv% playoffs .878 sv%
09/10 reg .912 sv% playoffs .890 sv%

Price has yet to step up his play in the playoffs. You can complain that the team around him failed in the playoffs all those years or you can accept reality and realize Price didn't step up his game when it was most important. Just like Price had to step up his game this entire season for us to make the playoffs.

The reality is he is young, he is only 23 and we've got a bright future. The Bruins fans that said he's choked in the playoffs are right. Its reality. But I wouldn't trade any goalie in the league for him straight up, he's young and got the biggest upside of any goalie. Most other goalies that are in their prime and as good as Price or better are considerably older than Price, we've got a great future with him.
I hardly understand why a series we were destined to be swept in, were decimated by injuries and had whiners like Tanguay refusing to play, equates to Price being a choker. Just because the guy didn't basically win us a series by getting a bunch of 1-0 wins doesn't make him a choker.

Losing a series in 7 games when you're 1st or 2nd place versus a bottom feeder makes your team a choker. Especially when you're shutout by a young goalie twice in the series once being in game 7.

Now I'm not one to defend our team for choking, the team has choked before but Price choking? Just because a guy can't carry the entire team on his back does not make him a choker. Being a contender year after year and being a bag of fail when you have a good team, I'm looking at you Luongo and Nabby.

Losing a series when you're team had about a 2.5% chance to win even 1 game isn't exactly choking. Sorry to say but the way you're using the word is just totally incorrect. The team wasn't even close to great the time where Price got swept, and frankly it wasn't even the team choking either, we had no players.

How is he choking as a backup last year? He wasn't the starter and was having an off year. It wasn't even his place to choke.

The other season you showed he didn't even choke we lost, other teams want to win the stanley cup too, just because they beat the habs doesn't automatically all of the sudden mean it's because of Price choking, and putting in his bad year where Halak was the #1 is just silly. How can he choke? By being put in after a huge loss or replacing Halak after being pulled? How in the hell is that choking.

If getting 2 shutouts in a 7 game series isn't stepping up, then I don't know what is. Frankly though I think peoples memories are a little to vague, we didn't exactly have the best shutdown D and 4th line in the NHL when all of this was happening, in fact we've been decimated with injuries time and time again. Either way the point being this is the team that aside from the 4-0 sweep against an AHL team, has choked against us time and time again over the last couple decades. Being 1st and choking, being 2nd and choking, having a 3-1 lead against us and Philly and choking, many times Thomas or Rask being the primary examples of why the team choked. For their fans to be calling Price a choker especially after he basically shut them down in a 7th game and won a series against them is just a ******** comment to say. If it were a Philly fan maybe I'd be all ears but a Bruins fan? Really? A member of the fanbase that ices the biggest choking team in NHL history with Tim "Chokes" Thomas is going to tell us our goalie is a choker? Get real.


Last edited by neofury*: 04-05-2011 at 10:47 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
  #40
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
How is he choking as a backup last year? He wasn't the starter and was having an off year. It wasn't even his place to choke.
It doesn't matter that he was the backup, he was given a chance to start in the playoffs and he didn't step up his game. The playoffs is about stepping up your game, Price didn't do that last year when he was given the chance.

He didn't elevate his play in the series that we got sweeped by Boston either.

The reality is he choked. But its not the end of the world, it doesn't mean he won't be a great goalie. Just like last year when Halak was better than him, it didn't make Price a bad goalie.

People don't understand the importance of the mental game. Price was young and immature those years, he didn't have the mental strength that he has now. Price has stepped up mentally and proved that he can play goal in the toughest goalie market and succeed at it.

Price has stole games this year, Price had that potential in every playoff game he played but when he was younger, he wasn't able to kick it up a notch and win games on his own. Roy was able to do that in the playoffs and Price has been able to win games on his own in the regular season.

Do you deny the fact that Price has stolen games on his own in the regular season? Do you not agree that he has that potential in the playoffs?

If you agree with that, then the reality is he didn't do that in the past. But I'm confident he will in the future. Part of being good is learning from your mistakes and acknowledging them. Pretending you don't have weaknesses is a mistake, Price has had growing pains but he's learnt from them.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:12 AM
  #41
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges
 
Tendresse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Price has yet to step up his play in the playoffs. You can complain that the team around him failed in the playoffs all those years or you can accept reality and realize Price didn't step up his game when it was most important. Just like Price had to step up his game this entire season for us to make the playoffs.
So are we talking about another Carey Price than the one who had 2 shutouts in the 2008 playoffs against the Bruins?

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
  #42
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
It doesn't matter that he was the backup, he was given a chance to start in the playoffs and he didn't step up his game. The playoffs is about stepping up your game, Price didn't do that last year when he was given the chance.

He didn't elevate his play in the series that we got sweeped by Boston either.

The reality is he choked. But its not the end of the world, it doesn't mean he won't be a great goalie. Just like last year when Halak was better than him, it didn't make Price a bad goalie.

People don't understand the importance of the mental game. Price was young and immature those years, he didn't have the mental strength that he has now. Price has stepped up mentally and proved that he can play goal in the toughest goalie market and succeed at it.

Price has stole games this year, Price had that potential in every playoff game he played but when he was younger, he wasn't able to kick it up a notch and win games on his own. Roy was able to do that in the playoffs and Price has been able to win games on his own in the regular season.

Do you deny the fact that Price has stolen games on his own in the regular season? Do you not agree that he has that potential in the playoffs?

If you agree with that, then the reality is he didn't do that in the past. But I'm confident he will in the future. Part of being good is learning from your mistakes and acknowledging them. Pretending you don't have weaknesses is a mistake, Price has had growing pains but he's learnt from them.
In 2008 Price shut out the Bruins in game 7. Wasn't he also good in the first 2 home games of that series? I thought the Habs' D was inept in 2 of the 3 losses.

Face it, you didn't recognize between seasons, when you were posting like crazy, that Price could/would live up to his potential and that would supplant Halak. Now you're pleasantly surprised?

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
  #43
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendresse View Post
So are we talking about another Carey Price than the one who had 2 shutouts in the 2008 playoffs against the Bruins?
Cherry picking 2 games doesn't make a career. The reality is Price has failed to step up more times than not in the playoffs. That is reality, don't blame me because you can't face reality.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
In 2008 Price shut out the Bruins in game 7. Wasn't he also good in the first 2 home games of that series? I thought the Habs' D was inept in 2 of the 3 losses.

Face it, you didn't recognize between seasons, when you were posting like crazy, that Price could/would live up to his potential and that would supplant Halak. Now you're pleasantly surprised?
Go back and look at my post history, all of last season I supported Price 100%, I just wanted Halak to play more last year because I felt he was ahead of his development compared to Price. You'll also see that I always felt Price had the higher upside.

Again, your trying to cherry pick 2 games out of like 19 playoff appearances. Face reality, he hasn't stepped up his game in the majority of his playoff appearances. Facing reality doesn't make him a sive, it just means he was young and didn't step up during those games.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
  #44
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
It doesn't matter that he was the backup, he was given a chance to start in the playoffs and he didn't step up his game. The playoffs is about stepping up your game, Price didn't do that last year when he was given the chance.

He didn't elevate his play in the series that we got sweeped by Boston either.

The reality is he choked. But its not the end of the world, it doesn't mean he won't be a great goalie. Just like last year when Halak was better than him, it didn't make Price a bad goalie.

People don't understand the importance of the mental game. Price was young and immature those years, he didn't have the mental strength that he has now. Price has stepped up mentally and proved that he can play goal in the toughest goalie market and succeed at it.

Price has stole games this year, Price had that potential in every playoff game he played but when he was younger, he wasn't able to kick it up a notch and win games on his own. Roy was able to do that in the playoffs and Price has been able to win games on his own in the regular season.

Do you deny the fact that Price has stolen games on his own in the regular season? Do you not agree that he has that potential in the playoffs?

If you agree with that, then the reality is he didn't do that in the past. But I'm confident he will in the future. Part of being good is learning from your mistakes and acknowledging them. Pretending you don't have weaknesses is a mistake, Price has had growing pains but he's learnt from them.
The only reasoning you have is that basically unlike Roy he hasn't won a cup, so automatically he's a choker.

What about winning 2/7 games of a 7 game series by shutout? Was that also a form of choking? That's what I don't get. Fair enough some points you can find a way to consider him one but to say all 3 seasons he choked is just ridiculous, especially considering in most of those cases he played better than 90% of the team, except in that one off year where he wasn't the starter and it wasn't even his position to choke really. Yeah he was given a chance and didn't step up those times, not like the team played great in front of him either though.

Sorry but you say the guy can't step up, but he's done just that in the playoffs in the past against a heavily favored opponent. I'd hardly call him a choker. Has he choked in the past sure, everyone basically has at one time or another. You get defined as a choker because you are one, not because you have choked once or twice as a young player. Guys like Luongo get that name because they're vets who have had stacked teams who played well and Luongo allowed untimely goals, softies and essentially choked.

It just doesn't make sense to call a young guy a choker like that in my eyes, if he isn't even developed fully, is in his first couple seasons, has never really had a great team in front of him, I just don't get how that's choking when your team played equally bad or worse. Now I will admit the games he got called in after being a backup for half a season he wasn't great at all, but to call a young goalie with a team playing badly in front of him a choker is just ridiculous in my eyes. If a young player doesn't bring his team home the cup now in your eyes he's basically a choker. I mean come on dude. And also to Choke you would've had to play well in the first place, when did he play well during or leading up to that playoff run anyways, the one where Halak was the man, the previous season? He must have choked for an entire year then really by your logic.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:44 AM
  #45
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Cherry picking 2 games doesn't make a career. The reality is Price has failed to step up more times than not in the playoffs. That is reality, don't blame me because you can't face reality.





Go back and look at my post history, all of last season I supported Price 100%, I just wanted Halak to play more last year because I felt he was ahead of his development compared to Price. You'll also see that I always felt Price had the higher upside.

Again, your trying to cherry pick 2 games out of like 19 playoff appearances. Face reality, he hasn't stepped up his game in the majority of his playoff appearances. Facing reality doesn't make him a sive, it just means he was young and didn't step up during those games.
Ironically according to you it does. The two games Price was called in make him a choker according to you.

Face reality, in most of his losses (and wins) it was against far favored opponents and our teams D was garbage, in fact he was still in most cases better than most players on the team during those losses, with the exception of the games he replaced Halak in or took after Halak had a bad game. Even then it isn't like our D was that great, Halak making 50+ saves and 40+ often. Sure we forced guys to play perimeter a little bit, sure Halak was further in his development at the time, but that's just proving my point that you shouldn't call a developing young goalie a choker.

So now any goalie or player who isn't in their prime at 22 years old is a choker for losing a playoff series? Not every goalie is Cam Ward, and as a result they aren't chokers just because they don't live up to your unrealistic expectation of them being the next Dryden, Roy etc and carrying a bad team to the cup.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:46 AM
  #46
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It just doesn't make sense to call a young guy a choker like that in my eyes, if he isn't even developed fully, is in his first couple seasons, has never really had a great team in front of him, I just don't get how that's choking when your team played equally bad or worse. Now I will admit the games he got called in after being a backup for half a season he wasn't great at all, but to call a young goalie with a team playing badly in front of him a choker is just ridiculous in my eyes. If a young player doesn't bring his team home the cup now in your eyes he's basically a choker. I mean come on dude. And also to Choke you would've had to play well in the first place, when did he play well during or leading up to that playoff run anyways, the one where Halak was the man, the previous season? He must have choked for an entire year then really by your logic.
I didn't call him a choker, I said he's choked in the past. I explained the reason why, that he was young and immature, if you took time to actually read what I said instead of just "getting all worked up at the word choke".

The reality is he hasn't stepped up his play in the playoffs like he has at points in the regular season.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:50 AM
  #47
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I didn't call him a choker, I said he's choked in the past. I explained the reason why, that he was young and immature, if you took time to actually read what I said instead of just "getting all worked up at the word choke".

The reality is he hasn't stepped up his play in the playoffs like he has at points in the regular season.
I do know how to read, and you must be unaware of what "context" is. Frankly you responded to somebody saying it's laughable that people would call Price a choker, by saying the Bruins fans are justified.

Now you want to play the semantics game and pretend you don't understand what context is and try to pretend like you weren't calling him a choker just because you never used the actual word "choker" but went on to say he's choked many times and that Bruins fans are basically right in calling him one? I just find it funny that you dig the hole this deep in your responses but then only now try to pull the "I didn't call him a choker card" like 10 posts later when if that were the case you should have said it all along.

Yeah I must not know how to read, I'm a real moron. (/rolleyes)

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
  #48
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Sorry but you say the guy can't step up, but he's done just that in the playoffs in the past against a heavily favored opponent. I'd hardly call him a choker. Has he choked in the past sure, everyone basically has at one time or another. You get defined as a choker because you are one, not because you have choked once or twice as a young player. Guys like Luongo get that name because they're vets who have had stacked teams who played well and Luongo allowed untimely goals, softies and essentially choked.
I am not the one who is calling him a choker and comparing to Luongo. Take the time to read what I said instead of getting lost in scary words like 'choke'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
People don't understand the importance of the mental game. Price was young and immature those years, he didn't have the mental strength that he has now. Price has stepped up mentally and proved that he can play goal in the toughest goalie market and succeed at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
The reality is he is young, he is only 23 and we've got a bright future.

But I wouldn't trade any goalie in the league for him straight up, he's young and got the biggest upside of any goalie. Most other goalies that are in their prime and as good as Price or better are considerably older than Price, we've got a great future with him.

Let me ask you this, do you think that honestly Price has stepped up his play in the playoffs? Do you think he's stepped up his game in the past?

I don't but I'm not bashing him, I just acknowledging the shortcomings that he's had to over come to be the great goalie that he is. The struggles that he went through helped him mature over the summer and its a big reason why he's had such a great season and carried this team on his back.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:57 AM
  #49
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I do know how to read, and you must be unaware of what "context" is. Frankly you responded to somebody saying it's laughable that people would call Price a choker, by saying the Bruins fans are justified.
There is a difference between being a choker and having choked in the past. Being a choker means that you have a habbit of playing subpar in important games. I never said Price was a choker, I said he's choked in the past, there is a difference. Price has proved he can step up during big games.

But overall in the past, his playoff performances have been subpar. That is a reality. You can blame anyone you want it doesn't change the fact that he personally didn't step up in the majority of those games.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:09 PM
  #50
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,111
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
From getting booed out in his first preseason game to player of the year. Eh..
Haven't habs fans been diagnosed with bi-polar disease since around 1995?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.