HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Message to Ray Emery

Old
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Liliaceae
Sens ❤

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassknuckles View Post
Here's the video for those who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5s69o8ZHE
Just watched this, missed it yesterday. What a guy. Just awesome. I wish him nothing but the best in everything. <3

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
i would go for a Anderson/Emery tandem
I would seriously consider that.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces

Way to go Ray.

Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Hutz

I wish nothing but the best for Ray... He had a rough last year with us, but nothing I hold against him. He was young, perhaps a little immature and headstrong for an NHL starting goalie, he got bought out, that's the end of it.

He seems to have gained a lot of maturity, especially after almost having his NHL dream taken away from him twice. You have to respect what he's done this past year.

And as others have said, I certainly wouldn't be averse to have him back in our lineup.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Dick Whitman

Bring back Ray!

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 06:56 PM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Bring back Ray!
He left us no choice but to buy him out, causing our franchise to lose a goalie they invested a ton of money into. We lost him for nothing because he was a baby about not being handed the starting job on a silver platter after coming back from injury. He couldn't stop a beach ball his last year here. He was late for practices and acted like a prima donna.

If Spezza acted like that, and we bought him out only to see his have success with another team, would you all still love him?

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensHero View Post
He left us no choice but to buy him out, causing our franchise to lose a goalie they invested a ton of money into. We lost him for nothing because he was a baby about not being handed the starting job on a silver platter after coming back from injury. He couldn't stop a beach ball his last year here. He was late for practices and acted like a prima donna.

If Spezza acted like that, and we bought him out only to see his have success with another team, would you all still love him?
I don't care

Emery was the awesomest goalie Ottawa ever had. Yeah he had a rough time at the end, but he's still one of the most badass goalies in the NHL and one that tremendously helped the team.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Cat Herder
Formerly BigSensFan

vCash: 50
Twitter @RazorEmery

He has responded to me on there.. he is not on often, but he tries to reply

Cat Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Bobby Blowhard

Just post on the ultra creepy message boards on hockeydb.com where you can get any info from what shoe size a player wears to what they had for breakfast last thursday.

Bobby Blowhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:28 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassknuckles View Post
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time posting. After watching the Emery spot on CBC last night. I really wanted to try and send an email to him to congratulate him on his amazing recovery and let him know that he still has lots of supporters back in Ottawa.

Does anyone know what the best way to go about this is?

Here's the video for those who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5s69o8ZHE
Id start talking to some of the less desirable people down there....those that know where to find snow in California

Edit: HAHAHAHA.....looking at facebook I see he is dating Keshia Chante now....I went to a movie with her in highschool....she went by Harper then, not Chante. He obviously did much better than I ever did

Last edited by SilverSeven: 04-05-2011 at 12:35 AM.
SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I don't care

Emery was the awesomest goalie Ottawa ever had. Yeah he had a rough time at the end, but he's still one of the most badass goalies in the NHL and one that tremendously helped the team.
Give me a break, the guy had one good year. The same year that we had the most potent offense in the enitre league, and a great set of defensemen. He rode the coattails of Alfie, heatly and spezza who carried the team the whole season. Then the playoffs roll around and he was average at best. His playoffs numbers were terrible compared to every other goalie in the league. He played an amazing game 3 in the SCF in ottawa, otherwise he was average. He can be as badass all he wants, but if you don't stop the puck I could care less about what your wear, drive, or how many times the cops pull you over. I could name 30 other goalies that aren't Badass that i would rather have.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Give me a break, the guy had one good year. The same year that we had the most potent offense in the enitre league, and a great set of defensemen. He rode the coattails of Alfie, heatly and spezza who carried the team the whole season. Then the playoffs roll around and he was average at best. His playoffs numbers were terrible compared to every other goalie in the league. He played an amazing game 3 in the SCF in ottawa, otherwise he was average. He can be as badass all he wants, but if you don't stop the puck I could care less about what your wear, drive, or how many times the cops pull you over. I could name 30 other goalies that aren't Badass that i would rather have.
All he had to do was not suck. He provided that stability, infact he was pretty good in the playoffs. He was playing injured in the SCF so you can't really blame him.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
All he had to do was not suck. He provided that stability, infact he was pretty good in the playoffs. He was playing injured in the SCF so you can't really blame him.
I completely agree that all he didn't have to do was suck, and he didn't suck. He just wasn't great. I guess i just don't understand the love affair some posters have with him. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, i get that, but he was never amazing for us, and on top of that because of his actions and poor play we lost him for nothing. That i blame on him, a player who seemed to have tons of potential lost for nothing because of a bad attitude. That actually hurt our franchise, so i don't why people love him. You don't have to hate him, but i just don't get it.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
I completely agree that all he didn't have to do was suck, and he didn't suck. He just wasn't great. I guess i just don't understand the love affair some posters have with him. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, i get that, but he was never amazing for us, and on top of that because of his actions and poor play we lost him for nothing. That i blame on him, a player who seemed to have tons of potential lost for nothing because of a bad attitude. That actually hurt our franchise, so i don't why people love him. You don't have to hate him, but i just don't get it.
The guy had swag. He had a very likable or a very hated attitude. I personally find he might be our best post lockout goalie other than Hasek (Anderson is a bit too small sample). I never felt that him being bought out was just justified. But we won't get into that.

I love the guy. His commitment to the game is unbelievable. I mean, 7 days a week for 7 months of training is crazy. You gotta admire that. I guess there's a soft spot for him, because he is a former Senator and was involved in the biggest moments that this franchise has ever seen.

You watch the cup run highlights of '07 and you see Ray Emery.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Frodo

I don't get why people loves this guy. Cause he was badass? What are we, twelve years old?

He thought he was more important than the team, he didn't practice, was sent home, the players hung a necktie on the crossbar in his place! If that doesn't say what the team thought of him and his attitude, I don't know what does.

The guy was a selfish jerk, and we had to buy him out because his presence was detrimental to the team. Love that? Forgive that? Want that back? No friggin thanks.

Emery sucks for what he did in Ottawa and what he did to our team. You can thank Emery for the Pascal Leclaire fiasco. We wouldn't have needed a goalie if we didn't have to buy out the prima donna baby.

I'm perplexed that so many people think he's cool, when clearly he's just a selfish idiot. I look forward to his inevitable implosion. I hope he never has any success. Because I am a Sens fan. I love the team.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
SensHero

Quote:
The guy had swag. He had a very likable or a very hated attitude. I personally find he might be our best post lockout goalie other than Hasek (Anderson is a bit too small sample). I never felt that him being bought out was just justified. But we won't get into that.

I love the guy. His commitment to the game is unbelievable. I mean, 7 days a week for 7 months of training is crazy. You gotta admire that. I guess there's a soft spot for him, because he is a former Senator and was involved in the biggest moments that this franchise has ever seen.

You watch the cup run highlights of '07 and you see Ray Emery.
Seriously, where was that when he was in ottawa? He finally figured out how to train like an NHLer. I don't wish anything bad upon him, but i could care less as to whether he wins or loses. Being the best post lockout goalie in Ottawa is nothing to be proud of.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

Emery kept us within 1 shot of tying up games 1 and 2 of the SCF when we had no business being in either.

I wish him the best of luck as he's proving to be the fighter he showed while he was here.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

He was training like an NHL player before. In those 7 months he was training to maybe have the chance at playing in the NHL ever again. He's come back, and now he's doing great.

I can understand why some wouldn't like Emery (To the point where they blow it way out of proportion, like Frodo up there). The guy was a bit reckless. He was pretty much using his talent alone to play in the NHL. So it seemed like he didn't care.

I was willing to forgive and forget.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
utah

Ray Emery let down the Ottawa Senators, and their fans. But mostly, he let himself down.

But, life is made up of many chapters, and Ray has moved onto a new chapter in his life. One that has tested his career, his character, and his resolve.....as he attempts to do what once seemed impossible.

I applaud his efforts as he attempts to comeback. So far, he has defied the odds.

utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Emery kept us within 1 shot of tying up games 1 and 2 of the SCF when we had no business being in either.

I wish him the best of luck as he's proving to be the fighter he showed while he was here.
He showed he was a fighter in the true sense of the word, marty biron can attest to that. But in no way was he a fighter, or warrior or hardworking when he was in Ottawa. So really what he is showing in Anaheim is nothing like what he showed when he was here.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

Quote:
He showed he was a fighter in the true sense of the word, marty biron can attest to that. But in no way was he a fighter, or warrior or hardworking when he was in Ottawa. So really what he is showing in Anaheim is nothing like what he showed when he was here.
After letting in 7 against the Sabres in the first game of the series in 06, you'd think that would be enough to shatter anyone's confidence- but it didn't do that to Emery.

The reports on him were blown way out of proportion when he was run out of town by the media and the police. Lots of players do the things he was alleged to have been doing, but for some reason he was vilified for it. His situation got to the point where he had to be moved- but to this day I haven't heard complaints about him from the players, nor have I heard him say a bad word about the organization.

The same year, Craig Conroy was late for a practice. Mike Keenan held the rest of the team off the ice until Conroy was ready. To say that Emery was entirely to blame is flat out ********.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
SensHero

Quote:
After letting in 7 against the Sabres in the first game of the series in 06, you'd think that would be enough to shatter anyone's confidence- but it didn't do that to Emery.

The reports on him were blown way out of proportion when he was run out of town by the media and the police. Lots of players do the things he was alleged to have been doing, but for some reason he was vilified for it. His situation got to the point where he had to be moved- but to this day I haven't heard complaints about him from the players, nor have I heard him say a bad word about the organization.

The same year, Craig Conroy was late for a practice. Mike Keenan held the rest of the team off the ice until Conroy was ready. To say that Emery was entirely to blame is flat out ********.
And who said that??

Old
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Frodo

Quote:
He was training like an NHL player before. In those 7 months he was training to maybe have the chance at playing in the NHL ever again. He's come back, and now he's doing great.

I can understand why some wouldn't like Emery (To the point where they blow it way out of proportion, like Frodo up there). The guy was a bit reckless. He was pretty much using his talent alone to play in the NHL. So it seemed like he didn't care.

I was willing to forgive and forget.
Thank you for your understanding.

I've basically decided to treat him like Heatley. I'll be pleased if his stats are always mediocre or sub-par and if he never wins the Cup.

He was a bad teammate. Last one on the ice, first one off the ice. He deserves heckling and boos from Ottawa fans. This is sports after all.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:55 AM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

Quote:
And who said that??
Sorry I just realized that could have come off as though I implied you did. You didn't, and it wasn't directed at you.

But there is a percentage of the population that reads the Sun and believes it.

Old
04-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Frodo

Quote:
Sorry I just realized that could have come off as though I implied you did. You didn't, and it wasn't directed at you.

But there is a percentage of the population that reads the Sun and believes it.
It wasn't the Ottawa Sun that bought him out because his mere presence was detrimental to the team.

It wasn't Don Brennan who hung a necktie on the crossbar, and it wasn't Big Bruce who made him sulk and be a bad teammate. These are all things Ray Emery did, on his own.