HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey's one-one talks

Old
04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
24Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Hard to dislike Gainey the person, but what he committed in his final summer was out-of-character.
What? Building a conference final playoff team?

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I carry #23 out of respect on this forum to my favorite player as a man, #23 Bob Gainey.

I believe in helping to mold young guys, but come on, I'm not sure about old Montreal walks with 30 year old men. If you can't figure it out for yourself by Age 27 or so, stop searching for the answers... Man up and fix it yourself!

Hug Your girlfriend or Wife, Do your job! the NHL isn't love dove....
Yes because age 27 is the cutoff age for advice and wisdom from someone who has been there and done that...

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That's untrue. Do the spreadsheets. The possibilities are there and very much plausible. I've done the maths over and over with different scenarios and we do indeed have a lot of money to throw around and tweak the team to make it even better. It's rather a question of opportunities, as we don't have that much to improve with a full healthy lineup, other than the players who are getting old and are UFAs. They are no big RFA upgrades to give, and no big UFA upgrades either. I'm sure PG is pretty excited about the work he'll be able to do this summer. What will make the difference is the opportunities (which UFAs will be available and willing to come here).
I believe we have something like 22 mill for 14 players. Not that much when you look at it that way. I guess some like Darche may get under a mil, Picard, Weber the same thing. now lets say 20 for 11 players. Pyatt, White maybe they too get under a mil. so 19 for 9 players. Max is expecting a raise, Pouilot doesn't deserve much of a raise, but with qualifying offer, it's automatic. AK will probably get a raise to around 4. It's going to be pretty tight.

If Gomez can turn around and be a performer in the playoffs, I will attribute a good part of that to Gainey understanding hockey players and knowing what he has to do to help.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote