HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Value of JVR in a trade...

Old
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
CTU2fan

vCash: 500
I've probably been a bit "down" on JvR compared to most on here and I still wouldn't move him. He really seems to be learing how to use his size and skill lately, and is actually looking like he might be the guy we all hope he can be...if that's a realistic possibility there's no way you move him.

Not to mention the Flyers need to try to get bigger if they make any moves...you don't do that by moving JvR (or Jeff Carter for that matter).

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
For Kesler technically more than Carter and Richards.
????????????

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I've probably been a bit "down" on JvR compared to most on here and I still wouldn't move him. He really seems to be learing how to use his size and skill lately, and is actually looking like he might be the guy we all hope he can be...if that's a realistic possibility there's no way you move him.

Not to mention the Flyers need to try to get bigger if they make any moves...you don't do that by moving JvR (or Jeff Carter for that matter).
The value in moving player A, B, or C is what does it get your in return and does it make the existing roster by position weaker. My big suggestion over this past offseason was a Carter for Bernier/Quick and Simmonds. Could the Flyers ante up a similar deal to get a deal done elsewhere?

It will be interesting to see how this post-season pans out. This is squarely on the shoulder of the players at this point, if this team fail there had better not be one person who calls out the coach. This is the players job to get it done and Laviolette/Homer has given them every bit to get it done.

Old
04-05-2011, 03:03 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
????????????
Kesler played 28 games with the Canucks in 03-04. Richards and Carter didn't start till 05-06.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Wayne Train
who is lord stanley?

What could JvR get you in a trade that is more valuable than what he's giving now/could give in the future?

Wayne Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
tuckrr

Richards, Giroux, Carter, (90%) JVR will all be here until 2020 at least!

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Kesler played 28 games with the Canucks in 03-04. Richards and Carter didn't start till 05-06.
Do you even have a clue? Kesler was drafted in the same class as Carter and Richards and his first career playoff game was in '06-07 in which he played in only one game, since then he has played in 22 games.
Kesler: 23 games, 3 goals, 11 assists, 14pts, +1, 1 PP.
Carter 41 games, 12 goals, 7 assists, 19pts, -11, 5PP.

Old
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

This is about JVR's trade value/value to the team, let's please keep it on that topic. Too many threads have been derailed onto the subject of "Carter for ____."

If people would like to discuss Carter, start a thread about him so we can just keep all Carter talk there.

Thanks!

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This is about JVR's trade value/value to the team, let's please keep it on that topic. Too many threads have been derailed onto the subject of "Carter for ____."

If people would like to discuss Carter, start a thread about him so we can just keep all Carter talk there.

Thanks!
Cartsiefan just cannot let it go

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:52 PM
MJB215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

Thanks!
ha I like the avatar.. I hate Letang so much

MJB215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Do you even have a clue? Kesler was drafted in the same class as Carter and Richards and his first career playoff game was in '06-07 in which he played in only one game, since then he has played in 22 games.
So did you ask how many playoff games they played, or how many years they have been in the league? Hey how about we find out?

Quote:
And how many years have they been in the league? Ovechkin could very well be in the same boat if they do not surround him with better playoff guys. The move to get Arnott went somewhat unnoticed, but this could be a very important move for them IMO.

JvR is a keeper, there should not even be a discussion about trading him.
Well I guess that was easy.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Do you even have a clue?

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
Remember, he can't keep it in his pants and stay on track for threads.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I was talking about the regular season, but it was kind of inappropriate since the initial statement of yours was about the playoffs.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I honestly don't know what they should do with JVR. I'm a believer in the three year rule that by a player's third year in the NHL, they usually take a huge leap to the next level. It's held true with Carter, Richards, Umberger, and Giroux. At the same time, JVR was slotted to be given top minutes as a left winger and he's kind of disappointed. Some games, you can see the dominant skill in him, and in other games, he just floats and wafts. I sometimes wonder if he even wants to be in Philadelphia.

I know people are going to flame this, but I'm wondering if maybe Laviolette has been a bit of a negative impact on JVR's game in that he's moved JVR all over the place and that he's never really let JVR develop any sort of chemistry with anyone or the moment that there's a bit of chemistry, he gets moved elsewhere. I'm also wondering if Laviolette's kid glove handling of JVR might have had a negative affect as well.

Anyways, JVR is a bit of an enigma and everyone from coaching and management need to figure out what they are going to do with him.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I honestly don't know what they should do with JVR. I'm a believer in the three year rule that by a player's third year in the NHL, they usually take a huge leap to the next level. It's held true with Carter, Richards, Umberger, and Giroux. At the same time, JVR was slotted to be given top minutes as a left winger and he's kind of disappointed. Some games, you can see the dominant skill in him, and in other games, he just floats and wafts. I sometimes wonder if he even wants to be in Philadelphia.

I know people are going to flame this, but I'm wondering if maybe Laviolette has been a bit of a negative impact on JVR's game in that he's moved JVR all over the place and that he's never really let JVR develop any sort of chemistry with anyone or the moment that there's a bit of chemistry, he gets moved elsewhere. I'm also wondering if Laviolette's kid glove handling of JVR might have had a negative affect as well.

Anyways, JVR is a bit of an enigma and everyone from coaching and management need to figure out what they are going to do with him.
...it's his second year.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post

As a lifelong friend of the kid, I can assure you he wants to be here.

And I think Lavy's system hurts him a bit.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:34 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
ABC as easy as 133

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I hate Carter probably more than Cartsiephan, but Cartsiephan......

JUST GIVE IT UP!

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
As a lifelong friend of the kid, I can assure you he wants to be here.

And I think Lavy's system hurts him a bit.
His problems have nothing to do with the system, and everything to do with the same problems every big, lanky guy goes through when he makes the jump to this level.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
The value in moving player A, B, or C is what does it get your in return and does it make the existing roster by position weaker. My big suggestion over this past offseason was a Carter for Bernier/Quick and Simmonds. Could the Flyers ante up a similar deal to get a deal done elsewhere?
I think they could probably make a similar deal, either involving Carter or JvR. But honestly I'd rather move one of the D (Carle?) for a goalie rather than trade away any scoring. But I think it's a little pointless because I don't see Homer feeling any urgent need to address the goaltending. I'm 90% sure we'll go into next season with a Bob/Leighton tandem.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Cartsiephan*

I love this place.

Old
04-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
The Value of JVR in a trade...
Approximately 1/1,000th of the kid who was drafted the spot ahead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
His problems have nothing to do with the system, and everything to do with the same problems every big, lanky guy goes through when he makes the jump to this level.
The old "he'll fill out" meme?

The only thing JVR is going to fill out is an application for food stamps.

Last edited by Readyrock: 04-06-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post

JVR has looked ****ing fantatstic recently. Giroux had just entered the NHL at JVR's current age.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post

What relevance does Pat Kane have here? The Flyers didn't even have the opportunity to draft him; even if they still had JVR higher than him on their board it's entirely irrelevant because it was never a possibility.

As for the rest of your post, you're being a distinct motion set right below one's belly which involves a wrapped fist fervently moving up and down.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote