HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils NCAA/Europe Season Review

Old
04-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Really great article. It definitely makes me feel a little more confident about the future of the Devils. I like how there seems to be a REALLY good balance between size/grit and speed/mobility. It's cool seeing that our potential, future shut-down guys in Helgeson and McPherson still seem to have some offensive instincts and mobility. Overall, it seems like a really solid-core of players, and the blurb at Merrill turning into a possible #1 makes me

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
Our defense may be a weakness right now, but in 2-3 years, we will definitely start to see some of these highly regarded guys come in and make impact. I don't want to say we are going to have the best defense in the league, but if guys like Merrill, Urbom, Gelinas, Burlon (and whomever we may draft this year or next) develop like they should, we should have one of the better defenses in the league.
Prospects never pan out exactly like you expect them to, but out of this group, I imagine that several will turn into solid NHL players. If nothing else, it gives management more assets to work with.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:37 PM
RNCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I would consider trading Parise for a signed Suter, if that's what they asked for. Nashville can keep Flaky McFloaterson's rights.
Sussed...I was just trying to bump set someone to say "What is this the Sopranos? We don't need two floating Russians in Jersey."

<note: punchlines to your own jokes are not good>
<subnote: save introspection for the long lonely playoff-less days of May-September>

RNCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote