HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fighting with a Visor

Old
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Players should take their helmets off before a fight. If you don't, it's an additional 2. Leeway can be given to players who didn't have a chance to take their helmets off.

If you have a helmet with a visor and don't remove it, 5 for fighting, the additional 2, plus a 10-minute misconduct.

Instigating with a visor, whether you remove it or not, should be a game misconduct.

Players that fight with visors are *******.
I would agree with this, but the fact that so many NHLers decided to go for a judo take down instead of throwing fists makes this dangerous and stupid.

Going buckets off, and then having some guy slam you to the ice is just asking for a major concussion. I hate that so many fighters go for tackles without even throwing a punch, but it's the reality of the situation.

IMHO, if you wear a visor, in no case should you be allowed to instigate a fight. If someone happens to jump you…. well they know what they're getting into, and you should be able to defend yourself. But the visor should be a clear signal that you're not willing to stick up for your teammates.

Or you could force players to go buckets off if they wanna drop the gloves, but insist that fighting is done with fists on your feet. If you tackle or throw the opposing player during the fight, you recieve an extra 2 + 10

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Visors should be MANDATORY.

In a cap restricted league, and players earning multi-millions. The owners should protect their investments and make visors mandatory.

All it takes is one high stick or one deflected puck and a player's career could be over.

On to fighting...

Mike Sauer wears a visor. He removes his helmet when he fights. IMO its stupid, because cracking your skull open on the ice isn't worth it. But its honorable.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I would agree with this, but the fact that so many NHLers decided to go for a judo take down instead of throwing fists makes this dangerous and stupid.

Going buckets off, and then having some guy slam you to the ice is just asking for a major concussion. I hate that so many fighters go for tackles without even throwing a punch, but it's the reality of the situation.

IMHO, if you wear a visor, in no case should you be allowed to instigate a fight. If someone happens to jump you…. well they know what they're getting into, and you should be able to defend yourself. But the visor should be a clear signal that you're not willing to stick up for your teammates.

Or you could force players to go buckets off if they wanna drop the gloves, but insist that fighting is done with fists on your feet. If you tackle or throw the opposing player during the fight, you recieve an extra 2 + 10

Well Callahan wears a visor so he shouldnt be allowed to defend his teammates

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
MeltingPlastic

fighting with a visor penalty just got called on Dan Boyle in the SJ-LA game

MeltingPlastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:34 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingPlastic View Post
fighting with a visor penalty just got called on Dan Boyle in the SJ-LA game
he got 2 for roughing, 2 for fighting w visor, 5 for fighting and a game misconduct for jumping in to help murray who had 2 kings on him for what were essentially clean hockey plays. mckellan(sp) was incensed.

EDIT: all 3 other players involved got 5s for fighting

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Mr. Simmonds, Mr. Bouillon, you guys ready? Ok take it boys.

And there you have it. That simple folks. Take it off. Clutterbuck needs to grow a pair, and kudos to Grapes

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

And while we're on the topic of going buckets off, I propose a no take-downs rule. Such a "cowardly act", to quote Mr.Cherry, shall result in an extra major. That's how I'd do it. Fight with a visor, penalty. Judo take down, penalty.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 07:38 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Well Callahan wears a visor so he shouldnt be allowed to defend his teammates
A+ for reading comprehension. How many times do you see Cally enter a scrum and drop the gloves? Fighting with a visor is straight pu*** and I doubt Cally has ever done it without getting jumped first

Last edited by SlingshotVv: 04-05-2011 at 07:43 AM.
SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
MJB215

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Tell me about it. Another prime example that they're nothing more than gutless pukes.

And I always think of this when Mike Richards' toughness is brought up. How tough are you when you're fighting with a visor on and blind-siding people?

Just makes it better when (visor-less) Dubi pummels that pipsqueak whenever we play.
Mike Richards takes his helmet off when he has the chance to. Cmon dude know what your talking about before you start taking shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoIeUF95snE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2gnV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdbZHWiPXx8

In the first link, he takes his helmet off during the fight, because Exelby gets his helmet knocked off by Richards. The 2nd fight is another one where Richards takes his helmet off. And the third is him taking his helmet off again, except its against your Rangers, so you should know this. Ill load all his fights on here but I feel ive already proved my point. Richards is a tough and classy kid. He plays the game the right way.

Last edited by MJB215: 04-05-2011 at 05:17 PM.
MJB215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Sauer wears a visor and the first thing he does it take his helmet off before he begins to pummel a guy. I like Sauer a lot.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB215 View Post
Mike Richards takes his helmet off when he has the chance to. Cmon dude know what your talking about before you start taking shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoIeUF95snE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2gnV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdbZHWiPXx8

In the first link, he takes his helmet off during the fight, because Exelby gets his helmet knocked off by Richards. The 2nd fight is another one where Richards takes his helmet off. And the third is him taking his helmet off again, except its against your Rangers, so you should know this. Ill load all his fights on here but I feel ive already proved my point. Richards is a tough and classy kid. He plays the game the right way.
Since people have been bouncing their head on the ice the league hasn't been calling the penalty and not coincidentally in recent fights w/ Dubinsky, Richards keeps his helmet on.

Years ago when the league called the penalty Richards takes his helmet off.

Classy or league enforcement? In his most recent fight with Dubi, he had plenty of time to take his helmet off, he knew he was going to go, he was challenging Dubinsky. He CHOSE, to keep his helmet on.

Real classy stand-up guy

Quote:
Got hit hard up high....Right to the head...Shoulder to the head.

Last edited by vipernsx: 04-05-2011 at 08:57 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:06 AM
MJB215

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Since people have been bouncing their head on the ice the league hasn't been calling the penalty and not coincidentally in recent fights w/ Dubinsky, Richards keeps his helmet on.

Years ago when the league called the penalty Richards takes his helmet off.

Classy or league enforcement? In his most recent fight with Dubi, he had plenty of time to take his helmet off, he knew he was going to go, he was challenging Dubinsky. He CHOSE, to keep his helmet on.

Real classy stand-up guy

Beautiful hit. Its ashame Booth got injured, but that hit was a good one.

And the Cooke fight was from this year, where Richy took his helmet off. When Richy is at the end of a shift and somebody approaches him, then he will drop them regardless of how tired he is. But im sure when your about to be in a fight, and being at the end of a shift, the last thing your thinking about is "oh my I have to take my helmet off." Obviously the evidence shows, Richy takes his helmet off when given the opportunity. To say otherwise is just ignorant

MJB215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I feel like an honorable player should take it off...

You could see Boyle was intentionally swinging to avoid the visor.

That doesn't mean players shouldn't wear visor, heck, I wish Staal wore one, but just remove the helmet.
Boyle just grabbed Coburn and they started going at it. Not as if Coburn had time to take off his helmet.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
clmetsfan

Yeah, Richards has plenty of time to remove the visor there and just goes right in for the grapple. Puss move.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote