HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#80: Flyers @ Senators - Tuesday, Apr. 5, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
04-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Beastieboy

vCash: 500
My last shred of hope is that when the "pressure" of the regular season ends it will be like a huge weight lifted off their shoulders and they can focus on no longer stinking out the joint and recapture the mojo from last year. Clearly it has been a great burden on them clinging to 1st all this time with other teams not all collapsing around them, even without their best players.

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:14 PM
2Claude2Giroux

Can someone just ****ing give their hand to Pronger or something please?

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
TOCxNJ

Lame....i thought losing by a goal would have been bad enough.

How can you take this many games off!?

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Looks like Lavy's finally getting pissed off

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Lavy looks like he's ready to blow a gasket.....that slurpee and coke machine are in for it....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beastieboy

I was feeling terrible about this game until I checked the box score and saw that Ottawa had noted NHL legends such as Roman Wick, Peter Wiercioch, Zack Smith and Andre Benoit in the line-up. How are we expected to compete with that?!

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It should actually be a personal insult to the Flyers if the Penguins win the division. They can't even blame it on their best players being high draft picks.
I can only imagine how bad it's going to be around here if Pitt not only wins the division without Crosby, Malkin but advances farther than us in the playoffs.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

jeez...lavi looks as upset as us.

i'm glad we've got a few days off before the buffalo game. get healthy and figure this the **** out. the season's not over yet.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:20 PM
CSKA1974

I am beginning to think that Lavi was a 1 season wonder here and in Carolina. Once his system does not work he disapears as a coach. Not taking blame from the players, but I have seen very little coaching lately.

It sucks if even Ottawa coach looks like genius.

At least with Stevens we had no hopes crushed- what you saw was what you got.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Screw this we're missing Pronger and Briere BS.....I don't want to hear it b/c they are not even trying! Again look at Pitt..they got it together and have a winning attitude!

So much for Leino's MONSTER GAME.....

Old
RIPRichardsCarter

Welp, forget getting the #1 seed. We look like trash.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I am beginning to think that Lavi was a 1 season wonder here and in Carolina. Once his system does not work he disapears as a coach. Not taking blame from the players, but I have seen very little coaching lately.
It's execution in my eyes. Lavy can't really do anything besides not playing games after they keep spinning and turning the puck over at the blue line. Plus, this team has apparently become to sexy for itself and think's that every goal has to come on a highlight reel tic-tac-toe play. They need to start firing at the net and crashing that crease.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

they look like they've got their links times already paid for to be honest.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

Sadly I think his expiration date is approaching.....when there were public rumblings by the captain and some other players about personnel decisions on the PP and some other gripes not to mention comments by Pronger saying some people are on the same page and others are not then yeah..seems to me the "buy in" to the system is not there....

Old
04-05-2011, 09:26 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
It's execution in my eyes. Lavy can't really do anything besides not playing games after they keep spinning and turning the puck over at the blue line. Plus, this team has apparently become to sexy for itself and think's that every goal has to come on a highlight reel tic-tac-toe play. They need to start firing at the net and crashing that crease.
I have been a coach for many years (not hockey though)- if exsecution sucks, coach has to rule and correct. If he can't, or the players don't execute directions; then coach has lost control of the team.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
BealeStreetTyrant

On the plus side, Gagne's been rather good lately...oh yeah

BealeStreetTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

Then you change players. Between Pronger and Laviolette, I'll take the two guys with rings on their fingers.

Coaching wasn't a problem 3 months ago when they were rolling along. He's given the team more days off than any other coach would - or should.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Psuhockey

The problem is not the system. The problem is a 'core' forward who thinks junior Championships somehow entitles him to Stanley cup championships. Mike Richards in his time here has called out flyers veterans his 2nd year saying the team backs down when punched in the mouth, he called out his coach Hitchcock for yelling too much and pushing too hard, he called out Holmgren for poor salary cap management 2 yrs ago, and recently called out the coaches about power play failure. He complains about the press, refs, and rookies not showing him enough respect. And the one thing in common since he got here has been long periods of lazy effort by this team every year. This is the captain of the team. How long before he runs Lavy out of town?

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
duffy9748

Whether Richards is the problem or not, I don't think he is, don't get your hopes up of him going anywhere.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The problem is not the system. The problem is a 'core' forward who thinks junior Championships somehow entitles him to Stanley cup championships. Mike Richards in his time here has called out flyers veterans his 2nd year saying the team backs down when punched in the mouth, he called out his coach Hitchcock for yelling too much and pushing too hard, he called out Holmgren for poor salary cap management 2 yrs ago, and recently called out the coaches about power play failure. He complains about the press, refs, and rookies not showing him enough respect. And the one thing in common since he got here has been long periods of lazy effort by this team every year. This is the captain of the team. How long before he runs Lavy out of town?
Off the ice I'm certainly not a fan..and you do point out a lot of the things he has said. What makes it worse this year is that he's having an "off" year on the ice so he's looking pretty bad right now because of his attitude which sometimes def has an air of arrogance...

I do think he's not completely on the same page with Lavy and that is def a problem especially if his posse takes his good cop side.....hence why Pronger suggested some people are on the same page and others aren't. One wonders who he was thinking of....and he did make that statement.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Psuhockey

Your right. Richards won't be going anywhere. Neither will Carter. The best thing the gm can do is trade the rest of his friends off the team, such as hartnell, carcillo, and maybe even versteeg. Clean out the crap and create an all business atmosphere like detroit's.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:48 PM
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
I have been a coach for many years (not hockey though)- if exsecution sucks, coach has to rule and correct. If he can't, or the players don't execute directions; then coach has lost control of the team.
At what point is the onus on the players though? Let's just say they bail out in the first round and Lavy was fired...it'd be their third coach in a year. Also if I remember correctly, Richards had a problem with Hitchcock. Maybe some of our young nucleus are getting too complacent with their position. I think Lavy is a great coach and if he has lost control of the team, I'd rather see Holmgren make a bold move or two in the offseason to shake the team up than get rid of the coach.
(Obviously, I'm in no way, shape or form suggesting that Lavy would or should get fired).

Old
04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
TheLegendkiller

Or just take away the C?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:55 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
At what point is the onus on the players though? Let's just say they bail out in the first round and Lavy was fired...it'd be their third coach in a year. Also if I remember correctly, Richards had a problem with Hitchcock. Maybe some of our young nucleus are getting too complacent with their position. I think Lavy is a great coach and if he has lost control of the team, I'd rather see Holmgren make a bold move or two in the offseason to shake the team up than get rid of the coach.
(Obviously, I'm in no way, shape or form suggesting that Lavy would or should get fired).
I agree...the coach and goalie carousel has to stop. We are getting closer to the goalie one ending...but the coaching one now concerns me. A year and half of the coach and some of the brats possibly want him out..well that can't stand. Our core still seems a bit immature....grow the eff up!

Old
04-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

It's like they want to burn all the goodwill and respect they earned from the fans in last years playoffs as quickly as possible.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote