HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Would really like to see these guys get a couple of games with the whale.

Does anyone have an idea of whether McIlrath will sign the ATO this year?

Old
04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Yogan pretty much lost a year of development.

Its too bas because I think he would have been a steal of a pick, but it has been setback after setback for him this season.

I like his pro game translation, much more than a Roman Horak or a Ryan Bourque, at the very least.
ill take roman horak over mr yogan right now thank you. yogan has nice size and his stride is solid but i dont see the hockey sense/ on ice awareness and natural skill that i see in horak. not sure yogan has the goods to be anything more than a bottom 6 guy in the nhl.

horak has high end wheels- and i love guys that can motor like he can, plays a 2 way game and plays in every situation. hes got an enormous work ethic and understands the defensive part of the game.

to me, hes a smaller, faster czech version of anisimov. i see him as a future 3rd line stud with 2nd line playmaking centerman upside.

nothing not to love about that.

Old
04-05-2011, 06:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Rangers have yet to open talks with Boston College sophomore winger Chris Kreider about leaving school to turn pro, sources have told The Post.

Beyond that, an individual close to Kreider told The Post yesterday that the club's 2009 first-round Entry Draft selection is currently planning to return to BC for his junior season.

The Blueshirts, who did attempt to entice Kreider to turn pro last summer, are expected to make another effort once the school year ends. Management believes that the 19th overall selection in 2009 would need to serve an apprenticeship in the AHL, but a strong training camp could certainly cause a shift in that perspective.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1Ie7jgL91

Kreider sounds like Stepan did at this point last year. Planning to stay in school. Rangers made their offer in late May and Stepan accepted in early June.

Even McDonagh wanted to hear the Rangers plans for him by attending the prospects camp before turning pro.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 04-05-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old
04-05-2011, 06:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider would not discuss his future last week. The Rangers haven't made him an offer yet so planning a return to BC is his only option right now. Stepan said he would return to Wisconsin but left the door open. The Rangers had not made him an offer so he was going to stay in school. When they made him the offer,he took it. You could make the comparison to Kreider's situation.

Quote:
Stepan acknowledged that there's a possibility that things could change between now and the start of the 2010-11 season -- that he could play so well and the Rangers become so enamored that they push to sign him -- but he's locked onto one course of action.

"Right now, the plan is to stay and there hasn't been anything to even alter that plan at all,'' said Stepan, who's from Hastings, Minn. "I need another year, I feel like.

"I've got no problems here. I've got great facilities. I've got a great coaching staff. I've got a great stretch trainer. The WCHA is a powerful league. The best thing for my career would be to stay and that's the plan.''
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Old
04-05-2011, 08:41 AM
CM PUNK

kreider needs to look no further than stepan and mcdonagh to see the kind of opportunity he'll be given if he shows up in camp ready to go

Old
04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Stepan didn't regret his decision. Made nearly $900000 this year to play a sport he played for free in college. McDonagh walked away with 1/4 of $1M to sign and another $400000-$600000 in salary and potential bonuses. Beats going to class.

Old
04-05-2011, 11:04 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Stepan didn't regret his decision. Made nearly $900000 this year to play a sport he played for free in college. McDonagh walked away with 1/4 of $1M to sign and another $400000-$600000 in salary and potential bonuses. Beats going to class.
I wonder what Jerry York is telling him.

Can you imagine Brian Leetch playing for BC in 1988 instead of ripping slapshpots of Grant Fuhr's glovehand?

Certain kids just have it. I dont want Kreider to turn out like Blake Bellefeuille or Jeff Farkas or Ben Ferriero or Tony Voce or Ben Eaves or all the other highly touted skill forwards York convinced to stay at Chestnut Hill for three or 4 years. All the aforementioned were absolutely dominant as sophomores, stayed at BC an extra two years and never made a dent in the AHL, let alone the major leagues.

The current NHL is designed for guys like Kreider. i don't buy all this BS about his hockey sense. The only hockey sense I care about is the sense to bury the puck in the back of the net, and Kreider did it against the world's best two years in a row.

Get him signed.

Sorry Chris, but Boston sure as **** isn't New York.

Old
04-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Hypothetically he could come up to replace Cally if we signed him?

Old
04-05-2011, 04:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
Hypothetically he could come up to replace Cally if we signed him?
Would that really be the best option for the Rangers? I'd think they would defer to a Newbury / Grachev / MZA before they would opt for inserting a 19 year old with no pro experience at a key point in our season.

Old
04-05-2011, 04:52 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i do not see any benefit for him staying one more season at bc.

hes saying all the right things, just like stepan and mcd did. hes not going back to bc.

hell make the club outa camp or play 1/3 season for the whale at most and then hell get called up permanently.

then theres the cash. dont underestimate the cash.

going back to bc would be unwise.

Old
04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
ill take roman horak over mr yogan right now thank you. yogan has nice size and his stride is solid but i dont see the hockey sense/ on ice awareness and natural skill that i see in horak. not sure yogan has the goods to be anything more than a bottom 6 guy in the nhl.

horak has high end wheels- and i love guys that can motor like he can, plays a 2 way game and plays in every situation. hes got an enormous work ethic and understands the defensive part of the game.

to me, hes a smaller, faster czech version of anisimov. i see him as a future 3rd line stud with 2nd line playmaking centerman upside.

nothing not to love about that.
To be fair no one saw anything out of yogan b/c he didn't play all year haha. I assume you're more thinking backa year ago of course.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:36 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Pardon me if it's already been posted but when does Oshawa play again and Michigan is playing when, this weekend?

Old
04-05-2011, 09:46 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Pardon me if it's already been posted but when does Oshawa play again and Michigan is playing when, this weekend?
Michigan plays Thursday, I believe?

RANGERS =
Old
04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Zil

Quote:
Oshawa plays on Thursday.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I wonder what Jerry York is telling him.

Can you imagine Brian Leetch playing for BC in 1988 instead of ripping slapshpots of Grant Fuhr's glovehand?

Certain kids just have it. I dont want Kreider to turn out like Blake Bellefeuille or Jeff Farkas or Ben Ferriero or Tony Voce or Ben Eaves or all the other highly touted skill forwards York convinced to stay at Chestnut Hill for three or 4 years. All the aforementioned were absolutely dominant as sophomores, stayed at BC an extra two years and never made a dent in the AHL, let alone the major leagues.

The current NHL is designed for guys like Kreider. i don't buy all this BS about his hockey sense. The only hockey sense I care about is the sense to bury the puck in the back of the net, and Kreider did it against the world's best two years in a row.

Get him signed.

Sorry Chris, but Boston sure as **** isn't New York.
he needs to sign this off season he has developed all he can in college and it is time to take that next step

Old
04-05-2011, 10:01 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Watching all these players getting signed to ATO's is starting to irritate me. What the hell is the staff doing? Get some of these kids to the Whale.

2 years ago we did the same thing with Del Zotto, he just never signed one...

Old
04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Watching all these players getting signed to ATO's is starting to irritate me. What the hell is the staff doing? Get some of these kids to the Whale.

2 years ago we did the same thing with Del Zotto, he just never signed one...
Maybe they want to wait until the Whale has secured a playoff spot to bring all these kids in from North America to hang with the team? What do you want them to do, have the kids pack their bags, arrive in Hartford, then send them home fours days later when the Whale gets eliminated from contention?

Old
04-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Would that really be the best option for the Rangers? I'd think they would defer to a Newbury / Grachev / MZA before they would opt for inserting a 19 year old with no pro experience at a key point in our season.
I would like him better than an inconsistent and somewhat soft Russian rookie, 4th line grinder who can only fight, and a very small playmaker who will have absolutely no room in the PO's.

Don't forget this kid did well playing with men last year. I'd give it a whirl even if he's getting less than 10 minutes a game.

Old
04-06-2011, 12:17 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Maybe they want to wait until the Whale has secured a playoff spot to bring all these kids in from North America to hang with the team? What do you want them to do, have the kids pack their bags, arrive in Hartford, then send them home fours days later when the Whale gets eliminated from contention?
I'd imagine players like Werek and Horak would help in a playoff push. Werek has been available for almost a week now, and his teammates Spooner signed the next morning after Kingston was eliminated. And guess what, Providence is lower in the standing then the Whale. That doesn't even include the fact that Spooner will be in the OHL again next year, he was a 2010 draft pick. Werek and Horak WILL be playing with the Whale, why not give them a taste, or at least have them around the team?

Old
04-06-2011, 12:35 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I would like him better than an inconsistent and somewhat soft Russian rookie, 4th line grinder who can only fight, and a very small playmaker who will have absolutely no room in the PO's.

Don't forget this kid did well playing with men last year. I'd give it a whirl even if he's getting less than 10 minutes a game.
I think Kreider would look lost out there being immediately thrown into NHL action... Much rather look at other options.

Old
04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Charlie Coyle above Kreider in the top 50. What a ****ing joke this list has become.

Old
04-06-2011, 07:32 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
To be fair no one saw anything out of yogan b/c he didn't play all year haha. I assume you're more thinking backa year ago of course.

true but he has played 13 games since hes come back and hes supposedly healthy.

i watched alot of the erie/windsor series- to watch koko specifically but i did watch yogan early in that series. and i would say that yogan played so-so. he doesnt create much on his own. ill give him a pass since he was out with the shoulder.

and in this series, he got sick so wasnt playing at the end. im just not that high on the guy. to me he seems like another tweener. not good enough skills to play top 6 in the nhl but skates well enough for his size to find a job. hes another big body 3rd line type that we seem to breed like bunnies.

i will say this though, i took some heat here defending the kegger last year- i wanted us to draft him and jonathan attacked me saying he was a marginal talent who couldnt skate. i said he was hurt that year and had excellent skills and was a gamer. playing for ftorek helps too.

well look at what hes done this year.

reg season 66 49 43 92 20 35
playoffs 7 4 1 5 2 12

the leafs got a good one. i expect to see him playing there next season

Old
04-06-2011, 07:35 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Charlie Coyle above Kreider in the top 50. What a ****ing joke this list has become.
yeah but are we guilty perhaps of overvaluing him at this stage of his young career.

hes got nice skills but will that translate into the scorer that we hope he will be.

thats the question.

Old
04-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
yeah but are we guilty perhaps of overvaluing him at this stage of his young career.

hes got nice skills but will that translate into the scorer that we hope he will be.

thats the question.
No. We saw his potential in the WJCs.

Old
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:

thats the question.
do we overvalue him? maybe. All I can say is this kid can take over games and is quite the player. Need proof? Watch the past 2 WJCs

Closed Thread