HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne on the trading block according to RDS

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Nuclear

vCash: 500
Gagne on the trading block according to RDS

Nooooooooooooooo

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/184905.html

Old
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Brad*

Don't do it Bobby! PUT THE PHONE DOWN SLOWLY, AND NOBODY WILL GET HURT.

Seriously, Gagne could have a HUGE year on a line with Forsberg. My God.

Old
08-03-2005, 06:29 PM
FearTheFlyers

I hope this is not true. RDS is less than reliable and I think with our lack of good wingers Gagne is the most untradeable player on this team.

Old
08-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Gert B Frobe

if we're under the cap with Roenick gone why trade Gagne???

would we get anything for him? what's with his contract??

Old
08-03-2005, 06:32 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
if we're under the cap with Roenick gone why trade Gagne???

would we get anything for him? what's with his contract??
He`s an RFA, trading him makes no sense. I call ********.

Old
Brad*

They're probably just putting it there because Ek had it on his site first, but has since taken it down. RDS is a rumour mill.

Old
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
I don't buy it, There are others that would be traded to free up cap space if we needed to.

Old
08-03-2005, 06:34 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
I don't buy it, There are others that would be traded to free up cap space if we needed to.
Like Brashear

Old
08-03-2005, 06:36 PM
dcav

Come to Boston! Jumbo Joe is waiting 4 u Simon!

Old
08-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Flukeshot
Hextall Activate!

exactly why on Earth did Clarke keep Brashear if he had planned on making such a UFA dip.

Old
08-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Nuclear

The Flyers salary is now at $33,968,600 with JR still on the team. This doesn't include Carter and Richards salary, TSN had them as "Undisclosed".

Anyone know what the exact rookie max is?

Minus Roenick's $4.94 million salary (assuming we didn't eat up any of it when trading him) equals 29,028,000 if I did my math right.

29,028,000 + Carter and Richards rookie max = I'd say 31,000,000

That leaves 8 million for RFAs. That seems enough to keep Gagne.

Old
08-03-2005, 09:46 PM
mikedifr

If they trade Gagne, the Forsberg signing to me means absolutely nothing!!! Forsberg is a playmaker. He needs to dish the puck to someone. If we trade Gagne, who the hell is that going to be. If Gagne is traded, that is the single worst trade of CLark's career as a GM. Especially if that bum Brashear is still on the team at his salary. They should have bought out Brashear, explore trading Desjardins. ALthough I have fought with everyone on this board about trading Handzus, I would now entertain it having Forsberg and the three young Centers.

Gagne Forsberg Radovojvic is my first line. Rado takes some of the physical responsibility away from Forsberg.

If Forsberg plays at least 65 games, Gagne automatically becomes a 40 goal scorer.

Old
08-03-2005, 09:53 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
This RDS headline has been brought to you by the "OMG Gagne was born to be a Hab, guyz" interest group.

Old
08-03-2005, 10:48 PM
mikedifr

They mentioned Gagne on the radio as well. But then they also mentioned that Hitch himself said that he is playing Gagne with Forsberg. I doubt he goes, but if by some odd chance he did, I think it would be the biggest mistake.

Old
08-04-2005, 03:07 AM
craig1

For those quoting the TSN salary position, keep this in mind:

That does not include RFA tenders, contract bonuses, and minor league players who count against the cap (yes, some minor league guys count against the cap...and they count in the amount of their NHL salary, even though they are paid minor league salaries)......

......That being said, the Flyers have about $5 million for Johnsson, Gagne, Esche, Branko R, Seidenberg, Sharp, etc...along with the undisclosd salaries of Carter, Richards.....

$5 million for all that? I'd say Bobby is well over the cap right now....and other GM's are very much aware of this.

Old
08-04-2005, 04:31 AM
DaveBrown21

I agree with everyone that Gagne MUST stay. But PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to push Brashear out of town. With Carter, Richards, and now Peter the Great, we need an enforcer to protect our star players. I know, I know, we have Hatcher, Primeau, etc. that aren't afraid to drop the gloves.

#1. We need Primeau on the ice, NOT in the sin bin...except when we play Ott

#2. Hatcher is a tough as nails guy, but as a dman, positionally he doesn't have the freedom to run around the ice to police (as a forward would).

It's better to have Hatcher AND Brash. The only way I'd let Brash go is if we can sign Matt Johnson...now he would save us $$$.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:20 AM
philly flyers fan

Carter and Richards are each set too make 942,400 US. I agree with a previous poster, the forsberg signing almost doesn't make sense without Gagne. My best guess would be this is just a rumor thrown out there too stir things up a bit. I can not say there is no chance the Flyers sign all them RFA's and get under the cap. Word is they have been working with the Eagles for about a year or so now, too get tips on managing the cap properly. There is a chance one or two of the bigger guys (johnsson gagne esche) may agree too a long term deal with some of the salary pushed towards the back end. Gagne has hinted quite a few times that he'd like too finish his career in orange and black. Now obviously his career is far from over but I gotta believe the opportunity too play with Peter Forsberg may make it a little easier for him too accept a contract that will help the team out. Clarke has not seemed at all worried about possibly losing them 3 which leads me too believe either he knows something more about their situation that we, the fans, don't know which is highly likely or he is very good at hiding his worries in public He's made the right moves so far, so even though he has screwed up in the past, I suppose we should give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot
exactly why on Earth did Clarke keep Brashear if he had planned on making such a UFA dip.
Clarke didn't plan to make this UFA dip. He got into the Forsberg game late and got the deal done in like two hours, while some GMs had been trying snce 8/01/05.

Old
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBrown21
I agree with everyone that Gagne MUST stay. But PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to push Brashear out of town. With Carter, Richards, and now Peter the Great, we need an enforcer to protect our star players. I know, I know, we have Hatcher, Primeau, etc. that aren't afraid to drop the gloves.

#1. We need Primeau on the ice, NOT in the sin bin...except when we play Ott

#2. Hatcher is a tough as nails guy, but as a dman, positionally he doesn't have the freedom to run around the ice to police (as a forward would).

It's better to have Hatcher AND Brash. The only way I'd let Brash go is if we can sign Matt Johnson...now he would save us $$$.
I am all for having an enforcer on the team to protect the young ones, but not Brash at $1.7 million. I rather have kept Fedoruk.

Old
08-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
......That being said, the Flyers have about $5 million for Johnsson, Gagne, Esche, Branko R, Seidenberg, Sharp, etc...along with the undisclosd salaries of Carter, Richards.....
Wrong. They have about $8 million for 6 RFA's. Stick to something you know about.

Closed Thread