HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

DT: "We're still talking with Palffy"

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
DT: "We're still talking with Palffy"

Dave said they've talked with Ziggy's agent on Thursday morning and they'd like to add a forward and a defenseman.

link: LATimes
(Sorry if I can't post a more detailed link, but I'm not registered at my office pc)

Old
08-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Dave said they've talked with Ziggy's agent on Thursday morning and they'd like to add a forward and a defenseman.

(Sorry if I can't post a more detailed link, but I'm not registered at my office pc)
Yes!!!!! Great to read this after making a long post in another thread stating why I believe were still after Ziggy.

But if, we add Ziggy and a defenseman then we will reach 36.5-37 million for sure and I want to save some space for a deadline deal. Maybe, we will trade Army, Klatt, or Belanger. Who knows, but this is great news.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Kingz4life

Quote:

Wait...it's friday. LOL Is this friday's edition or what? I'm confused.

Old
08-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Link to article

Old
08-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
IMO trading someone is a possibility.
Also if we'd use Demitra or JR on the wing, we still have a lot of depth at center with
  • Avery
  • Belanger
  • Armstrong
  • Conroy
  • Lehoux
My guess is someone will be traded...

Old
08-05-2005, 03:19 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
IMO trading someone is a possibility.
Also if we'd use Demitra or JR on the wing, we still have a lot of depth at center with
  • Avery
  • Belanger
  • Armstrong
  • Conroy
  • Lehoux
My guess is someone will be traded...
Ax long as it isn't Avery or possibly Conroy i'm ok with the others on the list being traded.... Ya i dont understand which D-man we going to sign? We really going for Hamrlik? -He the only one worth signing right now with Stevens but he is a bit old.... but ya hopefully we get Palffy that would be uber awesome

Old
08-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Fingolfin

Jiri Slegr wouldn't be a bad pickup, and he wouldn't cost as much as Hamrlik either.

--
Fin

Old
08-05-2005, 03:45 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
I cant believe this team..... im so excited and its only august!

Old
08-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

I'd consider Avery as more of a Winger.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Glockaxis

If Palfy doesn't like LA I don't think he'll be playing up to his potential. If that's the case, why waste money on someone who drags his feet to the rink every day? I'm sure allison over-extended his injury so as not to play in LA. I'm not saying Palfy is Allison, but there are little tricks you can do to show how much you dislike playing in a city and eventually force a trade. I think it's called passive resistence.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:36 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Yes!!!!! Great to read this after making a long post in another thread stating why I believe were still after Ziggy.

But if, we add Ziggy and a defenseman then we will reach 36.5-37 million for sure and I want to save some space for a deadline deal. Maybe, we will trade Army, Klatt, or Belanger. Who knows, but this is great news.
In a post yesterday, King Blazer made an interesting point, saying that if the Kings were to sign Roenick to an extension for a lower amount, it would lower the amount that counts against the cap this year, as it is the average of the players salary over his contract span that counts against the cap in any given year. That could help to lower the overall cap count and give us some room.

oh, and:

Quote:
Asked about the Mighty Ducks, Roenick said: "Does Anaheim even have a city? Are there big buildings there? I love Costa Mesa, there are big buildings there,but in Anaheim? Now, here in L.A., we have lots of big buildings. We're a city."
nice.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Kingz4life

I read the La Times articles today and yes, it looks like the Kings are still after Palffy and maybe a defenseman. Roenick also wants Palffy to sign so, I think they probably gave them their word they'll try as hard as possible. I expect Ziggy to sign soon.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:10 PM
10 ft. pole

I expect Ziggy to sign and that end our UFA envolvement. I also expect to see Armstrong traded or waived. Is there a waiver Draft anymore?

Old
08-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
I expect Ziggy to sign and that end our UFA envolvement. I also expect to see Armstrong traded or waived. Is there a waiver Draft anymore?
No.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:16 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockaxis
If Palfy doesn't like LA I don't think he'll be playing up to his potential. If that's the case, why waste money on someone who drags his feet to the rink every day? I'm sure allison over-extended his injury so as not to play in LA. I'm not saying Palfy is Allison, but there are little tricks you can do to show how much you dislike playing in a city and eventually force a trade. I think it's called passive resistence.
If he doesn't like LA, he had a funny way of showing it the last season he played--stapping the team to his back and carrying it until his injury.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole
No waiver draft.He would probably still count against our cap as well.

Closed Thread