HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McIllrath Signs ATO

Old
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
so now his career begins.

lets see how he progresses playing against men who arent smaller than he is.

as much as i disliked the pick, im hoping like crazy that he succeeds and develops.

good luck and welcome to the family dylan.
Eh I wouldn't call this beginning his career. He probably won't actually get a lot of playing time unless he really really impresses, and I think it's putting too much on a kid to jump into a pro team in their playoff run and expect him to be amazing.

Plus he has to go back to juniors next year anyways.

It's good to see him signing the ATO but I don't think we should get too down on him or too excited based on his performance

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Great news.

I'm really excited to see how he handles the pro-game, even if it's just a short stint.

I'm curious how the organization feels about McIlrath as well. I was confident after the draft that he'd be a project pick. But now that they've already signed him, I wonder if the Rangers suspect bigger things for McIlrath.

Hopefully they let him challenge for a roster spot in training camp and he gives them a tough decision to either keep him around or let him go terrorize the WHL for another season.

Hate the pick or love the pick, you have to root for the kid because he's part of the Rangers family.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Is he now know as the Last Outlaw ?????? F@@K yea this kid is what we need

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

**** yeah. I'm excited for this. Maybe after school is over they will still be in the playoffs and I can go catch a game.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
hopefully he can step up and contribute

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Hopefully he can rip it up...my general take from stat watching and the few accounts of him from the prospect thread is that he's inconsistent right now but can bring the jam, both good and bad.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:43 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Moose Jaw created this pic for the playoffs.

http://officialblogofthemoosejawwarriors.blogspot.com/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Bardof425*

Love it. Go get 'em big boy. What about Horak and Werek?

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Yay! Excited to see him this weekend.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:43 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Yay! Excited to see him this weekend.

So is he playing or what? Were going friday night to the game in Bridgeport, that would be awesome to see him and zucc

MPJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
CH2

McIlrath can play the rest of the Whale's season including playoffs. Clear day rosters have exclusions for ATOs, given that the player is property of a parent club.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Wait until he doesn't get a Gordie Howe in his first game and everyone calls him a bust.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
EEDAWGZ

screw the Gordie Howe , I wanna see this kid beat the piss out of someone. Preferably from the Atlantic division

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
ATO? What does this mean?
Average time on dummy gawd!!!!

kidding (Someone answered).

I think there's going to be a lot more people watching the whale than normal. Since only about 8 people watch I consider 4 more peoplke to be a lot lol. No but seriously though the AHL thread is so quiet around here. Excited to hear how he does but I don't think it'll be much.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

After watching the Rangers and Lundqvist get thrown around recklessly by opposing players this year, I love this pick even more now. I'll give him a full year in the AHL. Let's DZ come back next year and give V-Tank a chance.

Cawlidge Hawkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I will probably watch a game just so I can get a grasp of his game better, I'm sick of people judging his night's play based on the stats. This playoff he got 1st and 3rd star without scoring a point. That should be evidence enough that looking at his stats are useless.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
screw the Gordie Howe , I wanna see this kid beat the piss out of someone. Preferably from the Atlantic division
Well a Gordie Howe hat trick includes a fight so...

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:57 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Well if the Whale hold onto the 8th spot they be playing the Baby Pens (no pun intended) introduce him to the rivalry early!

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:59 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Great news.

I'm really excited to see how he handles the pro-game, even if it's just a short stint.

I'm curious how the organization feels about McIlrath as well. I was confident after the draft that he'd be a project pick. But now that they've already signed him, I wonder if the Rangers suspect bigger things for McIlrath.

Hopefully they let him challenge for a roster spot in training camp and he gives them a tough decision to either keep him around or let him go terrorize the WHL for another season.

Hate the pick or love the pick, you have to root for the kid because he's part of the Rangers family.
My hunch says that management is higher on Dylan than many fans are and wants him with the big club next year. Obviously that will only happen if he shows that he belongs, but there is a reason why he is here on an ATO so quickly. And really who could blame Sather and co. for feeling that way, given how quickly Stepan and McD adjusted to the pro game. I am not saying that Dylan is as good, but it is what it is. Good luck to him.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Time to lay the smack down!
hope he's paired with V-Tank,lol

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

The Undertaker has arrived....the only problem is he's fighting men now, not boys, so he shouldn't be rushing to drop the gloves.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
pwoz

When is his first game?

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:48 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
The Undertaker has arrived....the only problem is he's fighting men now, not boys, so he shouldn't be rushing to drop the gloves.
Agreed.

But you know his blood will be pumping for the game and it's going to be hard to guard against getting a little to eager.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:27 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
hope he's paired with V-Tank,lol
They would be like:

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Very true...Lots of players come out of Jrs as the toughest guy on the block, but upon reaching the pro level they might not even be the toughest guy on the line they play on. The thing is, in the past the AHL had tough guys but the better guys were at the NHL level. Noways, there is no shortage of enforcers at the AHL level, probably more than at the NHL level. McIlrath is going to be thrown right into the mix there. But hey, all these tough guys start somewhere. I look back at Eric Cairns because I think there are some similarities. Not sure what he did in Jrs, if he even did play Jrs, but at the AHL level Cairns tore it up. In the mid 90's Cairns spent two years at Bingo and punished people. No joke...after a while nobody wanted to fight the guy. He came to the Rangers highly touted as a tough guy and in his first 5 fights or so he beat his opponents pretty good. Then he met Craig Berube and Berube smoked him. He ended up losing a few more after than and was labeled as having a glass jaw. He was maybe 21 at the time. Rangers send him to the pack after a season and he refines his game. He was one of thier better defenders, and the Isles snatch him up. He goes to the Coliseum to become one of the most feared and best enforcers in the game at the time. He fought everyone and beat the elite at the trade, but he also became a decent defenseman. Jagr once said Cairns was the one guy he hated to play against because he knew every time he did he would take physical abuse.

Back to McIlrath...There is plenty of time to grow into the role for him though. The fighting will come, and he is already elite at that for his age group, but I am really hoping he can impose his will on opposing forwards like he did in Jrs. Hitting, and playing physical is an art, and a gift if you can do it without hurting your team by penalties and or taking yourself out of the play. But...the midset among fans and sometimes the organization itself is often "you are only as good as your last fight, your last hit, or your last game."

My point is if Mc is on the losing end of a tilt, or makes a bad play had a bad game etc, I hope that people don't write the guy off like they did with Cairns. Take him for what he is. A kid...A prospect, that needs time to learn the game at a faster level against bigger stronger opponents and develop into the guy this club wanted and still needs to this day. A physical menace on the blueline.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote