HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
  #51
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
You seriously don't have a clue how Homer or Lavy feels about Nic, nor do you have any idea what their plans for him in the Playoffs are. Why do you always post like you know something that you clearly don't? I have no problem with people that see some fault in his game but you take it overboard with Z and Carter. You're not in the dressing room and you look very uninformed when you act like you are.
Would you like some tissues? How do you know how informed/uninformed I am in regards to this information and how the Flyers operate? You don't, do you.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:25 PM
  #52
Tommy D
Registered User
 
Tommy D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Country: United States
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Zherdev is clearly like the super hot chick... who is completely bat guano nuts. Some guys remember she's bat guano nuts, others forget after they haven't seen how hot she was in a while.
.. and guys like me who don't care how nuts she is.. as long as I get to bang her!

Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:37 PM
  #53
MJB215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
.. and guys like me who don't care how nuts she is.. as long as I get to bang her!
haha x2

MJB215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:11 PM
  #54
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
The one thing I did like about the ott game is how Z played.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:30 PM
  #55
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
The one thing I did like about the ott game is how Z played.
You know things are bad when the best players on the ice were: a callup from the Phantoms, a rookie goalie, and a guy who passed through waivers.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
  #56
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
I've said this in another thread, but I'll leave it here anyway.

If we play like we should, I think we have a solid enough team that can hide Zherdev's inadequate defensive efforts. With Richards, Carter, Giroux, Hartnell, Versteeg in the top nine there are enough forwards who are responsible defensively. van Riemsdyk has been pretty good lately as well. I'd rather have Zherdev than Nödl or Carcillo in the top 9.

I doubt very much he'll be back next season though...

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:15 PM
  #57
Mike2000z28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philly, now montreal
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Watching Z play gets me interested because at least he trys something dynamic, sure he doesn't pull it off most of the time, but he at least tries. Other people don't try anything and still turn it over so for me i rather him be playing than a bunch of other guys who aren't and haven't been doing anything in awhile. Z has made some nice passes and guys haven't finished, but he can play. The way this team has been playing and turning it over without Z in the lineup i don't want to hear about his turnovers.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:48 PM
  #58
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
.. and guys like me who don't care how nuts she is.. as long as I get to bang her!
im with you

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
  #59
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I've said this in another thread, but I'll leave it here anyway.

If we play like we should, I think we have a solid enough team that can hide Zherdev's inadequate defensive efforts. With Richards, Carter, Giroux, Hartnell, Versteeg in the top nine there are enough forwards who are responsible defensively. van Riemsdyk has been pretty good lately as well. I'd rather have Zherdev than Nödl or Carcillo in the top 9.

I doubt very much he'll be back next season though...
I agree with you on almost every point, but i would give even more credit to JVR...

when HE gets beat, its because "hes a forward on the point, so he didnt see that coming"...this kid skates backwards smoother than coburn (loving coburn recently BTW),
poke checks more effectively than carle (im no carle hater),
and is back-checking better than carter (i think carters been good at back checking since his new contract)

overall JVR knows ALL aspects of the game, and hes only going to improve in them all, and in putting them together (and ******* strength/endurance training!!!!)


also, i agree with you that Z will be departing next year (something im bummed about)...but if its any consolation, i think he'll be in the KHL so hopefully he wont be killing us next year (unless he goes to a team like the caps >< )

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
  #60
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
I agree with you on almost every point, but i would give even more credit to JVR...

when HE gets beat, its because "hes a forward on the point, so he didnt see that coming"...this kid skates backwards smoother than coburn (loving coburn recently BTW),
poke checks more effectively than carle (im no carle hater),
and is back-checking better than carter (i think carters been good at back checking since his new contract)

overall JVR knows ALL aspects of the game, and hes only going to improve in them all, and in putting them together (and ******* strength/endurance training!!!!)


also, i agree with you that Z will be departing next year (something im bummed about)...but if its any consolation, i think he'll be in the KHL so hopefully he wont be killing us next year (unless he goes to a team like the caps >< )
Why is anyone bummed that Zherdev is leaving?

Dude doesn't have the drive to play a consistent, solid game in the NHL. He's had numerous chances and never put forth the effort and commitment to his teammates. **** him.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 02:25 AM
  #61
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Why is anyone bummed that Zherdev is leaving?

Dude doesn't have the drive to play a consistent, solid game in the NHL. He's had numerous chances and never put forth the effort and commitment to his teammates. **** him.
**** him with a low cap hit, Z @ 2mil is a STEAL...hell anything under 3 mil and 2-4 years with him would be a STEAL!

I totally get where you're coming from...you need to show the players we are a hard-working no-nonsense club, and i think benching Z sent that message.

but at some level there is a trade-off between how much that message helps your team and how much Z helps your team.

putting Z in the lineup and even resigning him are things that are easily justifiable IMO (assuming you really want to win)


maybe he can teach BOB some english, and work his way into the team that way

kidding, hes not a team player...but you get my point the reward is worth the cost.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:17 AM
  #62
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
**** him with a low cap hit, Z @ 2mil is a STEAL...hell anything under 3 mil and 2-4 years with him would be a STEAL!

I totally get where you're coming from...you need to show the players we are a hard-working no-nonsense club, and i think benching Z sent that message.

but at some level there is a trade-off between how much that message helps your team and how much Z helps your team.

putting Z in the lineup and even resigning him are things that are easily justifiable IMO (assuming you really want to win)


maybe he can teach BOB some english, and work his way into the team that way

kidding, hes not a team player...but you get my point the reward is worth the cost.
It really isn't, though. How the **** is it worth it when you have a guy who is guaranteed to ride pine for large stretches of the season?

He's demonstrated TIME AND TIME AGAIN over his career that he will not maintain his focus or try hard. He plays well for a few games, chips in a couple fancy goals, and then sucks for the next several until he has to get benched because he won't buy into the team concept.

He's just not worth it, man, no matter how much of a chubb his dangles give you. It's been established, at this point....Z is not an NHL player. Top-end talent, but the work ethic and team mentality of a scrub. Believe me, I WISH he would display the 'Good Z' more often, but he just isn't willing.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM
  #63
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
It really isn't, though. How the **** is it worth it when you have a guy who is guaranteed to ride pine for large stretches of the season?

He's demonstrated TIME AND TIME AGAIN over his career that he will not maintain his focus or try hard. He plays well for a few games, chips in a couple fancy goals, and then sucks for the next several until he has to get benched because he won't buy into the team concept.

He's just not worth it, man, no matter how much of a chubb his dangles give you. It's been established, at this point....Z is not an NHL player. Top-end talent, but the work ethic and team mentality of a scrub. Believe me, I WISH he would display the 'Good Z' more often, but he just isn't willing.
He's a NHL player... for someone... just not a team with serious aspirations and forward depth.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:35 AM
  #64
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's a NHL player... for someone... just not a team with serious aspirations and forward depth.
He has NHL talent. Doesn't make him an NHL player. Any team that expects consistent effort and a commitment to the team system won't want him, which is why he's had such a hard time earning contracts or even getting claimed by a team that would play him.

He's certainly capable, but it's not the first time a skilled player who could be very good hasn't cut it in this league.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:37 AM
  #65
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
He has NHL talent. Doesn't make him an NHL player. Any team that expects consistent effort and a commitment to the team system won't want him, which is why he's had such a hard time earning contracts or even getting claimed by a team that would play him.

He's certainly capable, but it's not the first time a skilled player who could be very good hasn't cut it in this league.
Sure, but there's certainly a place in this league for Z... Flyers just aren't a good fit. Hell, a playoff-caliber team isn't really a good fit for him. However, for scrub teams desperate for some offense there will always be a spot for him if he wants it.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
  #66
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Sure, but there's certainly a place in this league for Z... Flyers just aren't a good fit. Hell, a playoff-caliber team isn't really a good fit for him. However, for scrub teams desperate for some offense there will always be a spot for him if he wants it.
If you say so. I think a lot of teams are sick of his act, which may be why we were the only team that offered him a contract, and why he went through waivers twice. He could have been had, nobody wanted him.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:47 AM
  #67
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
If you say so. I think a lot of teams are sick of his act, which may be why we were the only team that offered him a contract, and why he went through waivers twice. He could have been had, nobody wanted him.
At that point of the year, there was no upside for Z.... not sure we're the only team that offered him a contract, and if he wants to play in the NHL he isn't going to be making much coin.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:51 AM
  #68
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
At that point of the year, there was no upside for Z.... not sure we're the only team that offered him a contract, and if he wants to play in the NHL he isn't going to be making much coin.
There's some upside..you get a chance to have a look at him and see if he can fit and possibly work out an extension for the following year.

He has displayed that he doesn't really fit with any sort of team..including Columbus, who I believe would fit with your definition of a fringe team looking for all the offense they can get. Granted, Hitch and Z are a bad match, but he didn't hold up in NY..which was another team that needed his offense in a bad way.

He doesn't have his head right for this league, and it would seem that the GMs know that. You can keep making up arguments all you want, but the fact is he's squandered every chance he's been given, and all appearances indicate teams aren't interested.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:53 AM
  #69
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
There's some upside..you get a chance to have a look at him and see if he can fit and possibly work out an extension for the following year.

He has displayed that he doesn't really fit with any sort of team..including Columbus, who I believe would fit with your definition of a fringe team looking for all the offense they can get. Granted, Hitch and Z are a bad match, but he didn't hold up in NY..which was another team that needed his offense in a bad way.

He doesn't have his head right for this league, and it would seem that the GMs know that. You can keep making up arguments all you want, but the fact is he's squandered every chance he's been given, and all appearances indicate teams aren't interested.
He put up good numbers in NY... and the only reason he didn't re-sign with them was because they didn't like his arbitration award (understandably). They did, however, put a QO in front of him.

The problem for Z is that he can make more money in the KHL (most likely) than he can in the NHL.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
  #70
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He put up good numbers in NY... and the only reason he didn't re-sign with them was because they didn't like his arbitration award (understandably). They did, however, put a QO in front of him.

The problem for Z is that he can make more money in the KHL (most likely) than he can in the NHL.
A lot of players can do that...the real problem for Z is that people here don't seem to want to put up with his enigmatic nonsense.

Everyone knows he has more to give. Eventually, GMs get tired of playing games with guys like that. More talented players than Z have been shuttled out of the league because they refuse to put the work in.


Teams could have had him for a paltry $1m at a time when he wanted to be playing in the league and making an impact, with a chance to try him out for the rest of the season and toy with the idea of an extension. Nobody took that no-risk chance. That speaks volumes.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
  #71
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
A lot of players can do that...the real problem for Z is that people here don't seem to want to put up with his enigmatic nonsense.

Everyone knows he has more to give. Eventually, GMs get tired of playing games with guys like that. More talented players than Z have been shuttled out of the league because they refuse to put the work in.


Teams could have had him for a paltry $1m at a time when he wanted to be playing in the league and making an impact, with a chance to try him out for the rest of the season and toy with the idea of an extension. Nobody took that no-risk chance. That speaks volumes.
If you are a **** team with no playoffs in front of you, there's no reason to pick up Z on an expiring deal.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:03 AM
  #72
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If you are a **** team with no playoffs in front of you, there's no reason to pick up Z on an expiring deal.
There's plenty of reason: you have nothing to risk that season, he has something to prove, and you can see if he'll fit with your team and work out an extension.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
  #73
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
There's plenty of reason: you have nothing to risk that season, he has something to prove, and you can see if he'll fit with your team and work out an extension.
Well, those teams tend to undergo a lot of change in the offseason... so whether he fits or not is difficult to judge. Those teams also tend to be losing money with no playoffs in front of them to offset their regular season losses.

What is more shocking is that a team like Pittsburgh (who was really banged up at the time) or someone else in the playoff mix didn't take a shot with him to see what happened.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
  #74
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
There's plenty of reason: you have nothing to risk that season, he has something to prove, and you can see if he'll fit with your team and work out an extension.
$$$$$$$

Crappy teams with budget caps won't take that risk.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:11 AM
  #75
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Well, those teams tend to undergo a lot of change in the offseason... so whether he fits or not is difficult to judge. Those teams also tend to be losing money with no playoffs in front of them to offset their regular season losses.

What is more shocking is that a team like Pittsburgh (who was really banged up at the time) or someone else in the playoff mix didn't take a shot with him to see what happened.
...Again, there were teams who could have used him, for sure. And all of those losing-money teams have nothing to lose from bringing in a guy who can dangle and excite the crowd for so little money, especially if he turns out to be a performer for them and can be signed within their budget.

The fact that Pitts would rather trade any asset for Kovalev than just take Z essentially for free speaks volumes once again.

GMs in this league don't seem to want him, because he can't seem to fit in with an NHL team and play any semblance of a two-way game. That, to me, makes him not an NHL player.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.