HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#81 - 04.07.2011 | Atlanta Thrashers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, VS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 05:10 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Gotta win this one as it doesn't look like we're gonna get help

Old
04-07-2011, 05:11 AM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Must win.

Old
04-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Biggest game of the season! this is the only game that matters, no game before this or after this means anything!!!! go out there and get the win for cally!!!

Loffen welcome back!

Old
04-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

going to tonights game!! first game this year I think, ive been going to too many knicks games :p.

LGR!!

Old
04-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Pjosk

Why the **** wont Carolina go away?

We'll win this one, LGR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Absolutley no negative thoughts in the GDT. Positive thoughts only!
They will win!
They will win!
Feel the positive energy.
Together now.
They will win!
They will win!
LGR!
Btw time to update that signature of yours? I mean, most of them cars have already corssed the finish line

Old
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Better come out flying. Let's go boys.

Old
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Need 2 points tonight. No excuses

ONE

Bono is the best.

ONE

ONE

ONE

MAKE IT ONE

Old
04-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

MAN up...

For christ's sake - PROTECT Lundqvist...

Aim high...

Screen theire goalie early...

Own the area around BOTH goals...

MAN UP !!

RALLY for Cally....

LGR !!

Old
04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Ekani

Just win tonight, please.

LGR!

Old
04-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If the Loffen comeback can't inspire them, what can?

I'm thinking Gin & Tonics for this one.

Old
04-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Levitate

huge game. just stick to the gameplan, don't get cute, don't give Atlanta any openings.

Old
04-07-2011, 07:40 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

No excuses tonight...We need a good 60 minute grind, 2 points in the standings and we need to give the Hurricanes a reason to quit.

Hoping Gilroy proves me wrong.

LETS GO RANGERS

Old
04-07-2011, 08:16 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
If the Loffen comeback can't inspire them, what can?

I'm thinking Gin & Tonics for this one.
Beers. Many, many beers.

RANGERS =
Old
04-07-2011, 08:18 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
No excuses tonight...We need a good 60 minute grind, 2 points in the standings and we need to give the Hurricanes a reason to quit.

Hoping Gilroy proves me wrong.

LETS GO RANGERS
Even if we win they'll find a way to stick around till the end. I really just want to clinch already.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:33 AM
AJRanger

I'm preparing for the inevitable 'Thrashers give everything they've got tonight before laying an egg against Carolina' couple of nights. That said, LGR. Control your destiny.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:36 AM
94now

C'mon, fether those birds!!! LGR!!!!

Old
04-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Im going old school tonight. Lucky North Dakota Fighting Sioux shirt, and pre-game Irish Car Bomb at 31.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:54 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Good to have you back, Loffen.

LGR!

Old
04-07-2011, 08:55 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I am very nervous. Not because I feel the Rangers effort wont be there, it will - im just concerned WHEN it will be there.

I'd be much more content if this game was being played in Philips Arena rather than Madison Square Garden. The inconsistency the Rangers have shown on home ice leaves me concerned to say the least. If not for a miracle against Boston the other day we would be singing a completely different tune right now.

I wasnt too worried about Carolina last week but they have completely tore it up lately and Ward is unbeatable. I am extremely worried considering we are tied with them in the ROW category.

I think the Rangers approach should be defense first tonight, because Atlanta can play loose and have the offensive talent to score some goals. They probably wont be extremely concerned about playing a shut down type game, so take care of your own end, and counter with odd man rushes and BURY them when you get the chance. I dont want Atlanta hanging around in this game. Take shots from all angles, especially from the points, and get to the net. I'd love to see McCabe rattle off a few point shots during FIVE on FIVE play. Get on top of them early and close them out. The Rangers have to look at this game as revenge from February 11th when they seemingly had at least a point in their pocket and Kane scored twice to thwart that.

Please win this game. I dont know what the scenarios are as far as getting a point, going 1-1 or 1-0-1 in these next two, but I just dont want to face the Devils on Saturday knowing that they can potentially knock us out of the playoffs again by one point - or even worse - a tiebreaker. This Rangers team doesnt deserve that, they really dont. But its not about who deserves making it, its about who plays well enough to make it. So take your two points in regulation tonight and control your own fate.

Looking for big games tonight from:

Brian Boyle
Wojtek Wolski
Brandon Dubinsky

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 04-07-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old
04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I am very nervous. Not because I feel the Rangers effort wont be there, it will - im just concerned WHEN it will be there.

I'd be much more content if this game was being played in Philips Arena rather than Madison Square Garden. The inconsistency the Rangers have shown on home ice leaves me concerned to say the least. If not for a miracle against Boston the other day we would be singing a completely different tune right now.

I wasnt too worried about Carolina last week but they have completely tore it up lately and Ward is unbeatable. I am extremely worried considering we are tied with them in the ROW category.

I think the Rangers approach should be defense first tonight, because Atlanta can play loose and have the offensive talent to score some goals. They probably wont be extremely concerned about playing a shut down type game, so take care of your own end, and counter with odd man rushes and BURY them when you get the chance. I dont want Atlanta hanging around in this game. Take shots from all angles, especially from the points, and get to the net. I'd love to see McCabe rattle off a few point shots during FIVE on FIVE play. Get on top of them early and close them out. The Rangers have to look at this game as revenge from February 11th when they seemingly had at least a point in their pocket and Kane scored twice to thwart that.

Please win this game. I dont know what the scenarios are as far as getting a point, going 1-1 or 1-0-1 in these next two, but I just dont want to face the Devils on Saturday knowing that they can potentially knock us out of the playoffs again by one point - or even worse - a tiebreaker. This Rangers team doesnt deserve that, they really dont. But its not about who deserves making it, its about who plays well enough to make it. So take your two points in regulation tonight and control your own fate.

Looking for big games tonight from:

Brian Boyle
Wojtek Wolski
Brandon Dubinsky

I thought Wolski was the best player on the ice from start to finish for the Rangers against the B's. Love to see him keep it going. Maybe even move him up with Dubi and AA......?

04-07-2011, 09:11 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Get this done...no screwing around.

Old
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I thought Wolski was the best player on the ice from start to finish for the Rangers against the B's. Love to see him keep it going. Maybe even move him up with Dubi and AA......?
Speaking of AA - He's kinda disappeared the last couple games - he was tearing it up prior to that. He needs to get back to skating because IMO thats what drives his game. Especially now that Callys out.

Old
04-07-2011, 09:19 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

i know there have been a lot of "must win" games lately but this is really it folks. if they lose this one they are SCREWWWED. They need 3 points since Car would win out on the tiebreaker due to bettmans awful loser point system. so they need a win tonight and at least a point against the debs, of course a carolina loss at some point would be helpful but doubtful. Im still shocked at the way Det laid down yesterday. IF they lose tonight and carolina beats atlanta tomorrow well be tied going into saturday and we all know how this plays out. que nbc footage of last years philly game that we got to enjoy over and over and over again last week....Gee it sure wouldve been nice if they showed up for either the buffalo or islander games.

settle in ladies and gents here comes another heartbreaker.

Old
04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

One more thing, this game cannot go to a shootout. If its in OT (and even thats not good) - then the Rangers have to do everything they can to get that extra point and ROW. The ROW's might be the most important thing right now.

Old
04-07-2011, 09:26 AM
EEDAWGZ

we got this! LGR

Closed Thread