HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev

Old
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
...Again, there were teams who could have used him, for sure. And all of those losing-money teams have nothing to lose from bringing in a guy who can dangle and excite the crowd for so little money, especially if he turns out to be a performer for them and can be signed within their budget.

The fact that Pitts would rather trade any asset for Kovalev than just take Z essentially for free speaks volumes once again.

GMs in this league don't seem to want him, because he can't seem to fit in with an NHL team and play any semblance of a two-way game. That, to me, makes him not an NHL player.
Yes they do... more money off the bottom line that can't be retrieved with playoff revenue. You are underestimating the financial situation of a lot of teams in this league, I think.

And I don't disagree that the upper teams (the folks competing for playoff spots) not picking up speaks volumes, but I don't think that's an indication that no one would sign him this summer if he's willing to accept a cheap deal.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes they do... more money off the bottom line that can't be retrieved with playoff revenue. You are underestimating the financial situation of a lot of teams in this league, I think.

And I don't disagree that the upper teams (the folks competing for playoff spots) not picking up speaks volumes, but I don't think that's an indication that no one would sign him this summer if he's willing to accept a cheap deal.
Well, I guess we'll see what happens.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Jester

Quote:
Well, I guess we'll see what happens.
Oh, I think he'll be in the KHL... there's no financial justification for him sticking around the NHL next year.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
ShotScore*

If Z performs well, very well, in the playoffs I can see us re-signing him.

Holmgren is already setting us up for it with the way he recently spoke about Z.

He called Z "a good soldier" who's done what we asked of him since they had that meeting. He also said he's worked very hard every day in practice.

Beware the mind of Holmgren when he starts speaking like that.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
If Z performs well, very well, in the playoffs I can see us re-signing him.

Holmgren is already setting us up for it with the way he recently spoke about Z.

He called Z "a good soldier" who's done what we asked of him since they had that meeting. He also said he's worked very hard every day in practice.

Beware the mind of Holmgren when he starts speaking like that.
He's gonna trade Carter for a clone of Walker to make cap room for Z's 12-year contract.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
tuckrr

sometimes the rockiest starts make the best foundations...
this COULD be the case with Z as i think a few have outlined, OR it could be all words and Z doesnt speak to the team (so homer says that to keep Z happy and possibly ready for p-offs)

what i believe:
call me an optimist, but i believe Z has really learned a lot this year (especially during his last time sitting...the only time he sat after being waived)
I REALLY think the team is willing to except Z as a part of it, if he is ready (look at kimmo give him a HELL of a headrub after his beauty of an assist)
also, i believe that the playoffs are where real friendships are made, and if Z is now "onboard" and does his part (and a bit more) in the post-season, he could find a niche here.

would i take Z over Leino? most likely not...unless he get a hattrick and wins the cup for us haha!

would i want to resign Z if he seems to like it here and plays well during the playoffs? yep...will he walk to the KHL? yep.

i think we need a miracle in the post season to keep Z, but i think it IS possible

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
He's gonna trade Carter for a clone of Walker to make cap room for Z's 12-year contract.
OMG ROFL!

Then his supporters will still say he's an underrated gm LOL.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Flyerfan4life

i'd personaly love to see Z. back next year if he can continue to be a team player and show hussle every time out..

but i just dont think this organization has that plan laid out for him..

shame really, but it is what it is.. haahah

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:06 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i'd personaly love to see Z. back next year if he can continue to be a team player and show hussle every time out..

but i just dont think this organization has that plan laid out for him..

shame really, but it is what it is.. haahah
He isn't a team player and he doesn't hustle so, no, there is no reason for him to be back, hahaha!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote