HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 - 04.07.2011 | Atlanta Thrashers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, VS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
It's really not a must win...

Sure a win here would almost seal it but a loss doesn't end our season. Hence it's not a must win.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:22 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post

Sure a win here would almost seal it but a loss doesn't end our season. Hence it's not a must win.
A regulation loss means we have to rely on others and no longer control our destiny with just one more game to play. This definitely is a must win (or rather must not lose in regulation) if ever there was one this season...

Old
04-07-2011, 11:26 AM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

ill be there 315! LGR!!

Old
04-07-2011, 11:35 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe you also have to factor in Buffalo here. If they tank their games NYR can still get in at their expense... so, relative to Carolina the above is true, but don't forget the Buffalo side of things too... They have PHI and CBJ I believe

Or do I have that wrong?
No, You're right. If Buffalo goes 0-2 and we get just one point, we're in. If Buffalo gets no more than 1 point and we get any 2 points, we're in. I believe that's right.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Back From Cally

Welcome back Loffen!!

No messing around tonight, they need to play a full 60 minutes and just win.

Rally for Cally!! LGR!

Old
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Captain Monglobster

All the teams the Rangers need to lose keep winning. The Rangers gotta get two points tonight. No slow starts, no soft goals.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
we got this! LGR
I believe! I'm scared but I beleive.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
No, You're right. If Buffalo goes 0-2 and we get just one point, we're in. If Buffalo gets no more than 1 point and we get any 2 points, we're in. I believe that's right.
No, if buffalo goes 0-2 we still need two points. ROW for tiebreaker.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:56 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
******* ROW...

Old
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Yeah, when I looked a little closer thats what I'm seeing too.

It would be nice if Nash was going to play... but he's out the last games of the regular season. Thanks for nothing CBJ

Old
04-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
******* ROW...
Yeah seriously. NHL, are shootout wins legitimate wins or not? You can't really have it both ways... You say they're worth the same number of pts as a regulation or OT win, but then they don't count towards your win total for the playoff tiebreaker?

Oh and if you're trying to draw in more fans, creating a new category that has playoff implications isn't the best way to go about doing that. You think anyone down in Carolina knows what the ROW category stands for?

Old
04-07-2011, 12:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Yeah seriously. NHL, are shootout wins legitimate wins or not? You can't really have it both ways... You say they're worth the same number of pts as a regulation or OT win, but then they don't count towards your win total for the playoff tiebreaker?

Oh and if you're trying to draw in more fans, creating a new category that has playoff implications isn't the best way to go about doing that. You think anyone down in Carolina knows what the ROW category stands for?
Get rid of the 3 point game and add a play-in tournament. That would make it super intense.

3-game series at the end of the reg. season.

7th seed plays 10 & 8th seed plays 9th, with the top team getting two home games.

Every year one team is out by a point or two. There is usually a pretty distinct separation between those teams and the ones above and below IMO. It would also allow the top teams who earned one of the top 6 spots a week or so of rest to get ready for the long haul, and would increase the level of play imo. It would aslo make the games more meaningful for the teams hovering around that 6th spot instead of having a throwaway game or two at the end once they clinch a spot. The "bubble" teams in that short tourney are then reseeded for the draft and away we go. So even if say, a 7th seed like Buffalo lost out, as a consolation they would be moving a minimum of 3 spots up in the draft.

Tampa - 99
Montreal - 93
Buffalo - 92
Rangers - 91
Carolina - 89
Toronto - 85

NJ - 79
Atl - 78

Old
04-07-2011, 12:18 PM
SgroiBoy*
Lolslanders Fail

Gilroy with the hat trick. BOOK IT

Old
04-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Get rid of the 3 point game and add a play-in tournament. That would make it super intense.

3-game series at the end of the reg. season.

7th seed plays 10 & 8th seed plays 9th, with the top team getting two home games.

Every year one team is out by a point or two. There is usually a pretty distinct separation between those teams and the ones above and below IMO. It would also allow the top teams who earned one of the top 6 spots a week or so of rest to get ready for the long haul, and would increase the level of play imo. It would aslo make the games more meaningful for the teams hovering around that 6th spot instead of having a throwaway game or two at the end once they clinch a spot. The "bubble" teams in that short tourney are then reseeded for the draft and away we go. So even if say, a 7th seed like Buffalo lost out, as a consolation they would be moving a minimum of 3 spots up in the draft.

Tampa - 99
Montreal - 93
Buffalo - 92
Rangers - 91
Carolina - 89
Toronto - 85

NJ - 79
Atl - 78
This is a ****** idea and has been tried in the AHL and no one really liked it. IMO it just cheapens the idea of playoffs even further. Half of he league already makes the playoffs, do we really need 2/3rds of the league effectively making the playoffs?

And the season is already freakin' long enough as it is. AND I hate short series.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgroiBoy View Post
Lol funny.. He'll get 4 mins of ice time unless someone gets hurt..W

Old
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Heh, I was only away for a few days, but thanks anyway. My internet connection is still unstable though, so I don't know if I'm able to watch tonight.

And Atlanta has played extremely well at MSG since 2009, so teh guys better be ready. No screwing around.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
This is a ****** idea and has been tried in the AHL and no one really liked it. IMO it just cheapens the idea of playoffs even further. Half of he league already makes the playoffs, do we really need 2/3rds of the league effectively making the playoffs?

And the season is already freakin' long enough as it is. AND I hate short series.
LOL

Ok, guess you dont like it.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:44 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Heh, I was only away for a few days, but thanks anyway. My internet connection is still unstable though, so I don't know if I'm able to watch tonight.
Question: Which NYC ISP really offers stable internet connections?

Old
04-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Question: Which NYC ISP really offers stable internet connections?
Is Fios in the city yet, because their fiberoptics is awesome. I live on LI and thats what i use.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I hate the Wang playoff idea as well.

16 of 30 is arguably too many teams, not too few.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

Sorry..it really is. In no way do I want to count on other teams losing to get us in if we don't win tonight. Heck, I don't even want it to come down to Saturday.

Quote:

The whole ROW tiebreaker is the worst idea they've ever come up with. If a shootout win is not worth the same as a regulation win, then don't make both 2 points. And in all honesty, it's time to get away from the shootout system, the 3 point game, and extend overtime. Cause that is the biggest problem right there, is that it's not long enough. Make OT 10 minutes of 4 on 4, then 5 minutes, 3 on 3. That'll solve 95% of the ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgroiBoy View Post

Old
04-07-2011, 12:56 PM
shoothepuck

With destiny in hand they have to play like they want it

Old
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
broadwayblue

With the way Carolina and Buffalo have been playing as of late they need to play this one as if it is game 7 of the SCF. Nothing less than 1 point is acceptable. Must maintain control of their own destiny.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Vitto79

Man the Thrashers can screw over the Rangers and the Canes. They are going to give it there all I am sure.

4-1 Ranger win is my prediction. Wolskii, Boyle, Gaborik with 2

Old
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
PanMan

Quote:

Yes it is. If we lose today, is Saturday a must-win? Well guess what, we could win our Saturday "must-win" and still miss the playoffs. That makes tonight a must-win.

Closed Thread