HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sauer/Avery skirmish (video)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
mcsauer2738

vCash: 500
Sauer/Avery skirmish (video)

Hey guys I don't know if you saw the beat-writers tweeting that avery and sauer were going at it in practice, but here's the video. I love Avery but the balls of Sauer is incredible the guy literally doesn't let a soul get by Hank without having to deal with him.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:45 PM
mcsauer2738

Here's some thoughts on the incident, to me I absolutely love it that these guys care so much at this point in the year that even practices are heated. Love this team

Old
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

That's pretty embarrasing.... Id love to see sauer kick the **** out of Avery tho.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Avery is an idiot. What is he doing ramming his own goalie in practice with Biron injured? Even if he wasn't injured that's still a very stupid thing to do. Nice on Sauer to let him know to stop ****ing around going into game 81 only two pts up on the ninth seed.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
mullichicken25

the biggest hit in that video was the door hitting avery in the ass on his way out of new york

thank you for your efforts but your services are no longer required

Old
04-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Even in practice, Michael "I will eat your children if you go near Hank" Sauer doesn't rest.

Schwarzzenegar Terminator voice: "You touch Hank, you die!"

Old
04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

It's not even funny. What a ****ing idiot.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
pld459666

I have no problem with Avery hitting Hank in practice and I have no problem with Sauer doing what he should be doing.

The fact is that Avery and Hank are pretty good friends and I know that Avery wasn't looking to do anything too stupid.

good that they are ornery.

Avery does well to keep them that way.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

is avery crashing the net in practice? he knows henrik's kind of important right?

Old
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
lbrowne

This happens more often than some may think on teams and it's a good sign of tenacity and competitiveness. Nothing embarrassing about it at all.

I've been in many a practice where we've either come close, or exchanged some blows. All's well soon after.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

can someone explain what Avery is doing wrong here? He's just standing near the crease looking at Sauer's ass on the ice. Did he stun Henke with a slap shot or something? I'd really like to know what everyone else is seeing that I am not. It seems like Jones and Roenick are making up a story that isn't there. Sauer pushes Avery on Henke? Not in this video.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
asphyXy

vCash: 50
Practice should be played hard, if not as hard as a real game situation. To assume this is the first time this has happened this year is ignorant - this is just the first time someone has filmed it and broadcasted it for all of us to critique.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
asphyXy

vCash: 50
Anyone remember this?

Old
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
can someone explain what Avery is doing wrong here? He's just standing near the crease looking at Sauer's ass on the ice. Did he stun Henke with a slap shot or something? I'd really like to know what everyone else is seeing that I am not. It seems like Jones and Roenick are making up a story that isn't there. Sauer pushes Avery on Henke? Not in this video.
i think you've got the players mixed up. the video starts with avery on his ass in the crease

Old
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
mcsauer2738

dubi and boyle dropped the gloves last year, it isn't that uncommon. It's hockey not soccer

Old
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
He's in the net and the net is off it's moorings, so he probably was charging the crease and barreled into the net. Sauer says something like, "Don't be a ****ing idiot, you could have hurt Henrik." And then Avery pushes him.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
dubi and boyle dropped the gloves last year, it isn't that uncommon. It's hockey not soccer
No, that's not the problem here at all. I would even argue that a scrap can bring the two guys a lot closer than they were before. It releases the tension that might have been building up between the two. From personal experience (for what it's worth) I've gotten in a couple of skirmishes with guys I played hockey with and although we were getting on each others nerves before we were real tight after then.

The problem here is Avery putting Hank in danger. That's just not acceptable.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I'd like to see what happened before Avery was laying in the goal. He might've been pushed into Hank... I highly doubt that he runs one of his best friends on purpose.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I have no problem with Avery hitting Hank in practice and I have no problem with Sauer doing what he should be doing.

The fact is that Avery and Hank are pretty good friends and I know that Avery wasn't looking to do anything too stupid.

good that they are ornery.

Avery does well to keep them that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I'd like to see what happened before Avery was laying in the goal. He might've been pushed into Hank... I highly doubt that he runs one of his best friends on purpose.

Exactly. I'm surprised that there were only two posters that mentioned that Avery and Hank are close friends, I thought most Rangers fans were aware of this. Like Loffen and pld said, I can't imagine that Avery would ever do anything to intentionally hurt his friend.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:25 PM
ribbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
He's in the net and the net is off it's moorings, so he probably was charging the crease and barreled into the net. Sauer says something like, "Don't be a ****ing idiot, you could have hurt Henrik." And then Avery pushes him.
You've deduced all that from a video in which there is no audio and it starts with Avery on the ground? Bravo.

As stated multiple times now, Avery and Hank are great friends. They do a lot together. He was in no way trying to injure Lundqvist.

Not sure what's worse on this forum: the Avery haters or the Zuc nuthuggers.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR ribbet View Post
You've deduced all that from a video in which there is no audio and it starts with Avery on the ground? Bravo.

As stated multiple times now, Avery and Hank are great friends. They do a lot together. He was in no way trying to injure Lundqvist.

Not sure what's worse on this forum: the Avery haters or the Zuc nuthuggers.
1) You can see in the vid that the net is off it's moorings, avery is in it, and hank is behind the crease. So knowing some hockey basics would lead anyone to conclude what I did. Avery crashed the net, and bumped hank.

2) Now here's the part the casual hockey fan/avery fan (because they're one and the same) isn't getting: Just because Avery bumped Hank doesn't mean he was trying to. However, just not trying to isn't good enough. You have to try NOT to. Which means don't crash down on the net hard in practice.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM
XLJ

Honestly its not a big deal. I guess because its Avery so what he did was criminal. Dubi & Boyle fought last year. I was reading an article about Hank, and it said Hank got pissed off at Dubi for scoring in practice so he slashed him.

They are competitive guys even in practice it isn't a big deal, it happens all the time.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
ribbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
1) You can see in the vid that the net is off it's moorings, avery is in it, and hank is behind the crease. So knowing some hockey basics would lead anyone to conclude what I did. Avery crashed the net, and bumped hank.

2) Now here's the part the casual hockey fan/avery fan (because they're one and the same) isn't getting: Just because Avery bumped Hank doesn't mean he was trying to. However, just not trying to isn't good enough. You have to try NOT to. Which means don't crash down on the net hard in practice.
And so you then read the lips of Sauer by checking out the back of his helmet and you failed to mention (being more than a casual hockey fan, as I apparently am not) how dumb and dangerous it was for Sauer to throw Avery on top of Lundqvist?

A+.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Honestly its not a big deal. I guess because its Avery so what he did was criminal. Dubi & Boyle fought last year. I was reading an article about Hank and it said Hank got pissed off at Dubi for scoring in practice so he slashed him.

They are competitive guys even in practice it isn't a big deal. It happens all the time.
I never heard about that.

And yeah, on one hand you want to say "oh so much for team togetherness" or "Avery is a ****ing dick" but then you have to realize tensions are high and they're hockey players. Dubi and Boyle don't seem to hate each other.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Honestly its not a big deal. I guess because its Avery so what he did was criminal. Dubi & Boyle fought last year. I was reading an article about Hank, and it said Hank got pissed off at Dubi for scoring in practice so he slashed him.

They are competitive guys even in practice it isn't a big deal, it happens all the time.
Pretty much sums it up. Much ado about nothing here.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread