HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4-5-11 Atlanta @ Nashville Get this over with already

Old
04-05-2011, 10:49 PM
CloakroomCrusader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I saw him mouthing off, but didn't pay any attention. When they said he got a 10min GM that's the only thing I could think of as for a reason. So no I didn't read his lips
He pretty clearly said "this is a ****ing joke." I'm sure that wasn't all as I doubt that one f bomb is enough to get you tossed.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:51 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

That is all.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:15 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Anyone know what happened to Erat?
Took a nasty boarding penalty in the 2nd, I think, but I noticed him on the ice afterwards. Did he not finish the game?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:31 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Anyone know what happened to Erat?
i came here to ask the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Took a nasty boarding penalty in the 2nd, I think, but I noticed him on the ice afterwards. Did he not finish the game?
was wondering if being that they had game in hand, they were letting him rest up a little. pretty sure he didnt finish the game, saw geoffrion on line with leggy and ward.

hope he is ok

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Due to the score, Erat was held out of the third for precautionary reasons. He is fine according to the team. Just didn't want to risk injury after the hit in the second period.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:24 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Thought it was pretty telling when they showed wilson rubbing his jaw in the box. You could tell he was like "damn, I guess he got me"
Yeah, a couple hard shots on the front left side of his jaw. Some teeth on that side may need a few days to fully tighten back up, lol. But he held his own. His swings missed more than connected, but he's strong so I'm sure a few of those punches were felt.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:26 AM
WestEndPred

Nice win tonight. We had another 3rd period meltdown but fortunately we had a big enough lead. Glad to see we jumped to 4th but that won't last long with LA and Phoenix playing each other. Keep up the good work Preds and lets try to secure home ice!

WestEndPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Mustard

The early game offense is really encouraging to me. I know the late goals are frustrating, but as Trotz said, they weren't matching up lines late in the game. When it really counts in a week, I think the added minutes by Webs and Sutes will take us back to the lockdown/lead maintaining team we are. My only concern at this point is whether our offense will continue to produce like it has lately!

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:37 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Due to the score, Erat was held out of the third for precautionary reasons. He is fine according to the team. Just didn't want to risk injury after the hit in the second period.
I wouldn't exactly call that encouraging. Hope it's not a mild "c" word.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:42 AM
glenngineer

Erat finished his shift after being boarded and came out for the subsequent PP. Didn't notice him in the third and I figured it was to give him the rest of the night off for precautionary reasons as SLake said. Smart move, why risk one of our best forwards in a game that was basically over.

Still not liking the two goals late in the game though.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 07:42 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
...Whenever this team scores a few goal they start thinking they are the capitals not the preds.
Obviously you have not watched a Caps game this year. They play Defense first now, more like the predator way, and not the high scoring juggernaut of last year.
But I agree with the sentiment, it only takes one player to let up and not cover the slot or his man and we put Pekka in a bad spot. He can't save the bacon all the time.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville is at 99.7% overall chance of making the playoffs. IF they did nothing they are at 96.7%.

Seeding percentage now:

Edit: Screw it. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...Predators.html Read that and get the math

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
roseyc

Big win!!! great that we bounced back after Sat collapse. It shows that Toots energized us to this win. Sure they were luck goals for him but we needed the luck but SK's goals were pure skill. What a find for Poile in getting SK. We need the checking line to score a least one goal in any series that we have. Hopefully the next four. Fisher is showing what he brings to the party. I see that he will be a valuable person in the playoffs. He can be a beast out there. Nice fight for Wilson and we need that part of the game going into the playoffs not just the fighting but the part that we won't be pushed around and in the playoffs it's not just about being pushed around it's about able to establish your space and the winners take space not give it up. Franson is still scary on D but has such real knack for offense. Nice pass on the second SK goal. Wheeler for Atlanta has talent. Great shot for their first goal. Sully and O'Reilly only need to be used in case of injury. Halischuk has earned his spot and shouldn't be sat and so has Bam Bamm. We'll need that line of Wilson/Geofferion/Halischuk or Spalling when the other teams try to shutdown the top two lines. Rinne of course is the reason we are in this position and he'll be the reason we advance as far as we go. Last year was his first time in the playoffs and he was very good and I expect him to be great this year. We need to finish out with two more wins

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Erat finished his shift after being boarded and came out for the subsequent PP. Didn't notice him in the third and I figured it was to give him the rest of the night off for precautionary reasons as SLake said. Smart move, why risk one of our best forwards in a game that was basically over.

Still not liking the two goals late in the game though.
2 games in a row Erat got boarded like that - hopefully just precautionary. Thought Gary wanted those shots out of the game??

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:10 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

one big negative for me, and I hope it gets addressed was blum getting cuaght a few times by a speedy winger (kane I think)

I don't know if he was pressing since Atlanta isn't that strong of a team or just a flaw in his game. I imagine that is lack of experience there.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
one big negative for me, and I hope it gets addressed was blum getting cuaght a few times by a speedy winger (kane I think)

I don't know if he was pressing since Atlanta isn't that strong of a team or just a flaw in his game. I imagine that is lack of experience there.
Plus, Kane had a backburner on.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:

Gap control. It started with the forwards failing to control the speed coming through the neutral zone resulting in the D backing in and not holding the line. Skilled guys like Kane though read that the D has backed in and take advantage of that space to cut into the middle of the ice unless the D stands up and tries to keep them outside. Issue then becomes that the D is so far back that they wind up simply stopping and are then about as useful as a traffic cone...

Group effort on those errors, but the gap has to be controlled better by the D in those situations.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Gap control. It started with the forwards failing to control the speed coming through the neutral zone resulting in the D backing in and not holding the line. Skilled guys like Kane though read that the D has backed in and take advantage of that space to cut into the middle of the ice unless the D stands up and tries to keep them outside. Issue then becomes that the D is so far back that they wind up simply stopping and are then about as useful as a traffic cone...

Group effort on those errors, but the gap has to be controlled better by the D in those situations.
Good job. I've been trying to explain this to my hockey team for 4 years.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Good job. I've been trying to explain this to my hockey team for 4 years.
you and espo joe need to have a consoling session. i swear he says the same things every game and no one listens. it is sad. things like %$&%* skate!

Old
04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
you and espo joe need to have a consoling session. i swear he says the same things every game and no one listens. it is sad. things like %$&%* skate!
It kills me. They let a guy come through the neutral zone without slowing him down a bit yet I'm supposed to pick him up at the blueline while skating backwards and keep up with him, keep my lanes filled and create a turnover.

The same winger will be on the bench later in the game yelling for me step-up my coverage against a shooter.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:40 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
It kills me. They let a guy come through the neutral zone without slowing him down a bit yet I'm supposed to pick him up at the blueline while skating backwards and keep up with him, keep my lanes filled and create a turnover.

The same winger will be on the bench later in the game yelling for me step-up my coverage against a shooter.
So I guess this is the biggest reason why Klasen probably won't make it in Nashville. He'd have to produce enough to outweigh what he would cost us by failing to backcheck

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

GC is the big weakness I'm seeing in Blum at the moment. Fortunately, it's a pretty easily coachable deficiency.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
jlsg

Quote:

Switch positions with him a couple of games. A view form a different perspective helps. All they have to do is get in the way, slow the guy down a little.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Switch positions with him a couple of games. A view form a different perspective helps. All they have to do is get in the way, slow the guy down a little.
If it were only one........

But yeah, it's funny you don't get that problem from people that have played on the blueline.

Thirdman, if he refused to do some sort of forechecking, he wouldn't even make the AHL.

You don't have to be great defensively, just get in the way to keep the winger from coming full speed through the neutral zone.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
If it were only one........

But yeah, it's funny you don't get that problem from people that have played on the blueline.

Thirdman, if he refused to do some sort of forechecking, he wouldn't even make the AHL.

You don't have to be great defensively, just get in the way to keep the winger from coming full speed through the neutral zone.
it doesn't even have to be much. Heck, even my slow but can make a guy hesitate and make a move around me giving the d time to get his lega under him.

anyway, I agree with whoever said it was a coachable thing. the wingers and blum. just a little nudge to give the D time to build some speed