HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LOL-Charlie Sheen salutes Chris Pronger

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2011, 08:09 AM
  #51
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannon View Post
I am Pauly D, just don't tell anybody.
He actually comes off as a pretty decent guy on that show... which is impressive for multiple reasons.

Jester is offline  
Old
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
  #52
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He actually comes off as a pretty decent guy on that show... which is impressive for multiple reasons.
In the spirit of Val:


HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
  #53
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
I do like torso Cadillac tats...

Jester is offline  
Old
04-05-2011, 09:24 AM
  #54
MiD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I do like torso Cadillac tats...
when is Val when we need him??


MiD is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 12:36 PM
  #55
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
I have been saying this about Jester for awhile and no one listened.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 12:48 PM
  #56
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Charlie Sheen was on a scripted show. Do you think he created that show? No, he didn't. Writing that show? No, he didn't write that show. Directing that show? No, he didn't direct the show. So on and so forth.

Was he a big part of the show? Absolutely, but without all those other folks that show doesn't exist.

Charlie Sheen hasn't really done anything all that successful outside of Two and a Half Men in some time.

Seriously, look at his imdb profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000221/

Really hasn't been in a decent movie with any weight to his role since the early 90s.

Who cares if the show is scripted? He's the star. People want to see him and that's why they watch the show. That's why it's the #1 rated show on tv.

Charlie Sheen got to where he is because of his own hard work. To suggest anything else is absolutely absurd and, frankly, just plain stupid.

As for not doing anything successful outside of the tv show, let's see...

Red Dawn
Lucas
Platoon
Wall Street
Young Guns
Eight Men Out
Major League
Navy Seals
Cadence
The Rookie
Hot Shots
Loaded Weapon 1
Hot Shots Part Deux
The Three Musketeers
The Chase
Major League 2
Terminal Velocity
Sugar Hill
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Nothing successful outside of two and a half men huh?

Any other words of wisdom you want to add?


Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-07-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: cleanup
ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
  #57
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Who cares if the show is scripted? He's the star. People want to see him and that's why they watch the show. That's why it's the #1 rated show on tv.

Charlie Sheen got to where he is because of his own hard work. To suggest anything else is absolutely absurd and, frankly, just plain stupid.

As for not doing anything successful outside of the tv show, let's see...

Red Dawn
Lucas
Platoon
Wall Street
Young Guns
Eight Men Out
Major League
Navy Seals
Cadence
The Rookie
Hot Shots
Loaded Weapon 1
Hot Shots Part Deux
The Three Musketeers
The Chase
Major League 2
Terminal Velocity
Sugar Hill
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Nothing successful outside of two and a half men huh?

Any other words of wisdom you want to add?
You may want to read his post a little closer. He said "in some time." You haven't refuted that here.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 01:00 PM
  #58
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You may want to read his post a little closer. He said "in some time." You haven't refuted that here.
But I did.

He was doing the TV show.

In 2010 he did Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
  #59
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
But I did.

He was doing the TV show.

In 2010 he did Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
Jester said "outside the TV show." And last I checked, that movie wasn't all that successful.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
  #60
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Jester said "outside the TV show." And last I checked, that movie wasn't all that successful.
It was also an uncredited part.

Jester is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
  #61
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Who cares if the show is scripted? He's the star. People want to see him and that's why they watch the show. That's why it's the #1 rated show on tv.
So, you don't think they could have put someone else in that role from the start and had success? Charlie Sheen wasn't a draw in the slightest when the show started... he'd come in for Fox on Spin City as that show ceased to work, and this was next for him.

Quote:
Charlie Sheen got to where he is because of his own hard work. To suggest anything else is absolutely absurd and, frankly, just plain stupid.
If Charlie Sheen (and Emilio) weren't Martin Sheen's kids, they wouldn't have had the careers they've respectively had.

Quote:
As for not doing anything successful outside of the tv show, let's see...
Your above comment (my stupidity) was humorous given that you followed it with this little diatribe proving that your critical reading skills continue to... suck.

Jester is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 02:12 PM
  #62
2Claude2Giroux
Registered User
 
2Claude2Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lansdowne
Country: United States
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Why are people still talking about this guy? He's not funny.

2Claude2Giroux is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 03:06 PM
  #63
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Claude2Giroux View Post
Why are people still talking about this guy? He's not funny.
Exactly. In fact, I want Chris Pronger to have zero commonality with Charlie Sheen.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 03:20 PM
  #64
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So, you don't think they could have put someone else in that role from the start and had success? Charlie Sheen wasn't a draw in the slightest when the show started... he'd come in for Fox on Spin City as that show ceased to work, and this was next for him.



If Charlie Sheen (and Emilio) weren't Martin Sheen's kids, they wouldn't have had the careers they've respectively had.



Your above comment (my stupidity) was humorous given that you followed it with this little diatribe proving that your critical reading skills continue to... suck.
1) No. The show will fail without him.

2) And you know this because? a) You're God and know everything b) You're not God and still know everything c) You don't know anything and are just assuming it.

3) My critical reading skills suck? You haven't been right yet.
You were wrong about Timonen.

You were wrong about stats being kept only alphabetically. They are kept alphabetically when stats are same.

You are wrong about Charlie Sheen. This is provable by the sheer popularity of the man.


And let's take another look at exactly what you said this way there is no confusion.

The exact quote was: "Charlie Sheen hasn't really done anything all that successful outside of Two and a Half Men in some time."

Broken down we can see clearly where you said "outside of two and a half men in some time".

So we can see this as recently or we can see this as his whole career outside of two and a half men.

Looking at it recently, in 2010 he made two movies. Wall Street: Money never Sleeps and Due Date. Both of which were hits. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps is of course the sequel of the movie in which he was the star.

In 2009, he made Foodfight. This was an animated movie in which he lent his voice to the star character. This was another hit.

Clearly, he has done some good stuff recently and clearly you are wrong again.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 03:21 PM
  #65
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Exactly. In fact, I want Chris Pronger to have zero commonality with Charlie Sheen.
But they do have something in common. They both WIN.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
  #66
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,261
vCash: 500
I haven't heard of two of his "hit" movies.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
  #67
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
1) No. The show will fail without him.
Big difference between the show failing at this point, and the show not getting off the ground with a different actor playing the lead role.

Quote:
2) And you know this because? a) You're God and know everything b) You're not God and still know everything c) You don't know anything and are just assuming it.
It stems from a pretty good understanding of the way nepotism works... and the fact that Charlie Sheen isn't particularly talented.

Quote:
3) My critical reading skills suck? You haven't been right yet.
...lets hold our thought, because you're about to embarrass yourself in a few moments.

Quote:
You were wrong about Timonen.
No, I wasn't.

Quote:
You were wrong about stats being kept only alphabetically. They are kept alphabetically when stats are same.
Yes, they are, and you claimed that stats that were alphabetical (games played) "ranked" Carle ahead of Timonen. So, you pointed out to the world that C comes before T in the alphabet... congratulations on accomplishing something most of us figured out before we learned to write.

Quote:
You are wrong about Charlie Sheen. This is provable by the sheer popularity of the man.
Yes, because his popularity means I'm wrong...


Quote:
And let's take another look at exactly what you said this way there is no confusion.

The exact quote was: "Charlie Sheen hasn't really done anything all that successful outside of Two and a Half Men in some time."

Broken down we can see clearly where you said "outside of two and a half men in some time".

So we can see this as recently or we can see this as his whole career outside of two and a half men.
"Some time" is pretty friggin clear.

Quote:
Looking at it recently, in 2010 he made two movies. Wall Street: Money never Sleeps and Due Date. Both of which were hits. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps is of course the sequel of the movie in which he was the star.
He had an uncredited role in the film. Charlie Sheen didn't make that film; Shia LaBeouf, Michael Douglas, Josh Brolin, and Carey Mulligan made that film. Charlie Sheen got thrown in as a nod to the film in which he did star... 19-*ing-87... twenty-four years ago.

Quote:
In 2009, he made Foodfight. This was an animated movie in which he lent his voice to the star character. This was another hit.
Alright everyone. ShotScore has officially proven that he's completely and utterly full of ****.

The movie has not been released yet.

So, yeah, it's another hit...

Quote:
Clearly, he has done some good stuff recently and clearly you are wrong again.
Just keep digging into that pit of embarrassment man.

Jester is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 04:09 PM
  #68
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I haven't heard of two of his "hit" movies.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231583/fullcredits#cast

You've heard of Due Date, but not because Charlie Sheen had anything whatsoever to do with it. Notice how Sheen is literally the last credited actor in the film.

The main actors in the film are, unsurprisingly, bankable actors: Downey Jr., Galifianakis, Michelle Monaghan, Jamie Foxx, Juliette Lewis, and Danny McBride...

Jester is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM
  #69
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231583/fullcredits#cast

You've heard of Due Date, but not because Charlie Sheen had anything whatsoever to do with it. Notice how Sheen is literally the last credited actor in the film.

The main actors in the film are, unsurprisingly, bankable actors: Downey Jr., Galifianakis, Michelle Monaghan, Jamie Foxx, Juliette Lewis, and Danny McBride...
Ok, now I recognize it, just by reading those actors.

Thinking of it as "Due Date starring Charlie Sheen" doesnt ring bells though.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 05:54 PM
  #70
EasyMac
Registered User
 
EasyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
ShotScore including Major League II on his list of Sheen blockbusters.

Besides, we all know the driving force behind that movie was fake Wesley Snipes.

EasyMac is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
  #71
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Big difference between the show failing at this point, and the show not getting off the ground with a different actor playing the lead role.



It stems from a pretty good understanding of the way nepotism works... and the fact that Charlie Sheen isn't particularly talented.



...lets hold our thought, because you're about to embarrass yourself in a few moments.



No, I wasn't.



Yes, they are, and you claimed that stats that were alphabetical (games played) "ranked" Carle ahead of Timonen. So, you pointed out to the world that C comes before T in the alphabet... congratulations on accomplishing something most of us figured out before we learned to write.



Yes, because his popularity means I'm wrong...




"Some time" is pretty friggin clear.



He had an uncredited role in the film. Charlie Sheen didn't make that film; Shia LaBeouf, Michael Douglas, Josh Brolin, and Carey Mulligan made that film. Charlie Sheen got thrown in as a nod to the film in which he did star... 19-*ing-87... twenty-four years ago.



Alright everyone. ShotScore has officially proven that he's completely and utterly full of ****.

The movie has not been released yet.

So, yeah, it's another hit...



Just keep digging into that pit of embarrassment man.
1) The show wouldn't have got off the ground if it didn't have Sheen as it's star.

2) Opinion only. Nothing more.

3)Yes you were wrong. Timonen is the 6th highest paid d-man in the NHL. He is nothing near the 6th best d-man in the NHL. Overrated.

4) Still can't admit when you're wrong. Carle was ranked ahead of Timonen statistically because he is statistically better not because of alphabetical listing.

5) I read IMDB wrongly. I read it as having grossed $65,000,000 domestically. The budget was $65 mil. See, I can admit my mistakes. You should try it. It's quite healthy.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
  #72
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
You know what's really ****ing offensive, aside from ShotScore being ShotScore?

ShotScore including Major League II on his list of Sheen blockbusters.
Major League was very underrated though not as good as the original.

btw Sheen announced that he's working on Major League 3.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
  #73
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
1) The show wouldn't have got off the ground if it didn't have Sheen as it's star.
This is opinion and nothing more, and nothing really supports it other than what is apparently a homo-erotic fascination with Charlie Sheen.

Quote:
2) Opinion only. Nothing more.
Dude, your opinion is apparently based on complete and utter BS and your inability to read effectively (reference: yourself, #5).

Quote:
3)Yes you were wrong. Timonen is the 6th highest paid d-man in the NHL. He is nothing near the 6th best d-man in the NHL. Overrated.
That was never the discussion, so you're just creating crap to make yourself look like less of a fool.

Quote:
4) Still can't admit when you're wrong. Carle was ranked ahead of Timonen statistically because he is statistically better not because of alphabetical listing.
Dude, you pulled up the Real-time stats and said they ranked Carle ahead of Timonen... the sorting for that page was GP (where they are *ing equal) and then sorted by alphabetical order. I then ran down every pertinent category on those stats, and the ONLY category Carle was ranked ahead of Timonen was in turnovers.

Here, we can do it again for everyone...

GP (when you first get to the page): http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Tie for 1st at 80 GP

Hits: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Timonen 3rd, Carle 5th.

Blocks: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Timonen 1st, Carle 2nd

Missed Shots: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Timonen 1st, Carle 3rd

Giveaways: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Carle 1st, Timonen 5th

Takeaways: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Timonen 1st (+14), Carle 2nd (-25)

Shots: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Timonen 1st, Carle 4th

Goals: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Timonen 2nd, Carle 5th


Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 04-07-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: No.
Jester is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 06:20 PM
  #74
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,334
vCash: 500
What a wonderful thread this turned out to be.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.