HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

OT: Scott MacArthur leaving Team 1200

Old
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
pnewsom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
I'm not going to say I love Eastwood, but at least he has a take and isn't infuriatingly bland and sucky like the regular team 1200 guys(Brown, Wilson, Mendes,MacArthur,Versage)

They have these long idiotic non questions that always allow the player to say some stupid ****. They NEVER ask a real question. I wish they would die die die.

I also hate Garrioch because he's a leaf fan and thinks he knows **** because "he's been around" - yes he actually said that on a pregame show. The problem is that for all his "being around" he makes frequent mistakes in his articles, if you can call them that.

Chris Stevenson is a lackwit who follows Montreal, and Brennnan is just kind of pitiful.
Kind of harsh assessment of these guys, could you give us some examples of the kind of questions you would like asked?

pnewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
SenzZen

Why do you guys torture yourselves by listening to that sorry excuse for a radio station? There's a reason Garrioch is on there- and it's not a good one. They're all idiots.

Believe me: stop listening and your life will be much richer for it.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:22 PM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
Can you give me a direct example by what you all mean by MacArthur's snobbish or arrogant ways?

Not seeing/hearing it.

littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:26 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I like listening to the ex-players on there because I think they know the most about the NHL than anyone else who has never played there. Eastwood, York, Galley, Millen, Dono & Van Allan are all good to listen too. I'm not a big fan of McGuire but he does have some insight & knows a lot of people in the hockey world.

All the other guys have opinions but rarely ever say anything of importance or that hasn't already been mentioned, very little insight from them. At the very least they talk about the Sens almost everyday which you can count on when you need a fix.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Keeping Karlsson
Since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
dear god please no

Keeping Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Ohhh Franco

MacArthur could be a real ****** sometimes and I certainly agree with many on here that he had a "know it all" tone in his voice quite often.

Lets just hope they take a step forward with his replacement and not one backwards by giving Lee Versage the mic for Pre and Post game shows. Maybe AJ Jakubec? He seems pretty well rounded and always seems to have a good attitude on air.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Eastwood makes me angry...

Last night he told everyone that the reason De Costa didn't get ice time, was because you have to earn it.

What a ridiculous statement when your team is 26th in the league.

Why should De Costa have to "earn" ice-time. What is so wrong with giving him more minutes.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Wham City

I'll never forget that time he said something long-winded and conventional.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Is he leaving by his choice?

The thing I didn't like about him was that he acted like he is better then alot of the callers, when in reality he is no different then any of them. Atleast Eastwood has his experience in the NHL to fall back on and somewhat of a reason to think hes "better" then the callers.
This 100 times.

Here's a MacArthur sampler:

<COMPLETELY EARNEST AND HUMOURLESS VOICE, TINGED WITH SARCASM!!!>

"Caller X dropped by cookies. She specifically dropped off no cookies for you."
"My pants have a huge hole in them! Thought you might want to know that Ottawa!"
"Callers keep asking that Karlsson play forward (You can tell he's rolling his eyes here, exasperated, even though players such as Dustin Byfuglien, Wendel Clark and Phil Housley have all done this)."
"I'll now go off topic and speak of you disdainfully, while enjoying a chicken wing!"

On and on and on it goes.
Clear out Mike Eastwood too, get two people who take their jobs seriously and can engage the fans in conversations. I swear, I listened to AM 640 just to see what their postgames are like and they actually HAVE CONVERSATIONS! Never once did whomever it was talk about chicken wings, some biker tramp that bakes for them or their pants.

STAY ON TOPIC. THE TOPIC ISN'T YOU, IT"S THE TEAM YOU COVER, DUMBASSES!!!!
:r ant:

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Can you give me a direct example by what you all mean by MacArthur's snobbish or arrogant ways?

Not seeing/hearing it.
Where do I start?

Tune in to any postgame show, someone calls in with an opinion.

Eastwood will IMMEDIATELY rip into the person.
MacArthur will sniff or snort derisively, then slooooooooowwwwwwwwly explain that this isn't possible because of reason X, then laugh a little and repeat that it isn't possible, then turn to Mike and talk about chicken wings or egg rolls.

Brutal stuff.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:16 PM
sens45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
I also hate Garrioch because he's a leaf fan
You're kidding, right? I mean, he's been making fun of the Laffs for ever, to the point that Wilson makes fun of him. Is BooBoo a known Laff fan and I didn't know it?

sens45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:17 PM
sens45

Was MacArthur on last night's post game show and if so, did he mention anything about leaving The Team?

sens45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:19 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
I'll never forget that time he said something long-winded and conventional.
I really did LOL at this.

Old
04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens45 View Post
You're kidding, right? I mean, he's been making fun of the Laffs for ever, to the point that Wilson makes fun of him. Is BooBoo a known Laff fan and I didn't know it?
You mean fat, stupid and annoying didn't give it away?

Old
04-06-2011, 04:36 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewsom View Post
Kind of harsh assessment of these guys, could you give us some examples of the kind of questions you would like asked?
Who is the offensive catalyst for your team?
Who do you prefer on your line?
How do you feel about the system you are playing?
Who do you think should win the Hart trophy?
Which team do you hate playing against most?
What kind of player do you think the sens should draft?
Do you think the commissioner is doing a good job?
Whould the NHLPA get involved with the headshot situation? If not why not?
Should some of the franchises relocate?

Anything short and sweet. None of this

Mendes "Now, Jason you are missing player X and Y in the lineup, and have been scoring only 1 goal a game but Anderson is now in the lineup and you've killed off 21 of 25 PKs without player Z. Given that you have a bunch of young players in the lineup who seem to be adapting to Clouston's system well, you've won 5 of your last 10 against teams who are above you in the standings. Do you think this is something you can build on?"

Spezza "sure"

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Where do I start?

Tune in to any postgame show, someone calls in with an opinion.

Eastwood will IMMEDIATELY rip into the person.

MacArthur will sniff or snort derisively, then slooooooooowwwwwwwwly explain that this isn't possible because of reason X, then laugh a little and repeat that it isn't possible, then turn to Mike and talk about chicken wings or egg rolls.

Brutal stuff.
Have you heard some of the $#!T half the callers come up with? I don't blame Eastwood at all. People complaining about the referees. People asking why Clouston is getting let go. People asking why Karlsson doesn't play forward.
He is the smartest hockey analyst we have here. By a MILE. If you don't like the guy, try to listen to what he is saying and THINK about it. It WILL make sense

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens45 View Post
Was MacArthur on last night's post game show and if so, did he mention anything about leaving The Team?
I wasn't really paying attention last night but I'm pretty sure MacArthur was on. I didn't mind him. I didn't like him and I didn't hate him. Eastwood needs to go, though. Always disagrees with the caller, straight up I'm right your wrong attitude and I can't say I find myself agreeing with him a lot.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:07 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i'm not even sure if booboo is a hockey fan.

04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
LGSens

I see many of those brainless callers to the post game show also post on this site. How many times can people make the same idiotic comment, like trade so and so or give player X power play time, before the repetitiveness drives you to answer back? Don't like what they have to say, don't listen. The odd time I listen, I shake my head at the types of comments people call in with. I give credit to Scott and Mike for keeping their sanity.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Brazz
This boat is 4 real!

a good host and a good friend, he will be missed

Brazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpostrophe View Post
One less Leafs fan on Ottawa radio. Maybe the pregame roundtable will be less of a ridiculous debacle now. Hoping Mike Eastwood is next. The guy is a d-bag to callers.
In all fairness, most of the callers are we todd did!

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

c'mon, the guy was stalking the Sensplex and tweeting about the most inane things. He needed an upward swing in his career path.

But be realistic, he was not some sort of Ottawa media stalwart. He was barely here and he won't be missed by John Q. Public.

And I don't know how anyone listens to those post-game shows. The callers are ridiculous. I can't imagine dealing with the comments that the hosts receive without making fun of the callers. You can only involve the listening public so much in a show. I think it's safe to hit about 5-10%. Anything above that is just a sure-fire recipe for nonsense takes and I pity any host that has to deal with that.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Was the announcement of his departure done with his signature flat robotic voice?
I will certainly miss what for my money were the most bland, uninteresting and unexciting game introductions ive ever heard.

im also with kyle in nominating him for the Dean Brown longwindedness award for blowhardiness.
Horrible questions.

as for the post game show, im ashamed for each and everyone of you that actually listens to that garbage. it must have the highest concentration of retards per megahert of bandwidth out there.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Problem with the Team1200 is that their guys don't have very good radio voices so it's hard to listen for very long. Exceptions to that might be Loyd and York although their frequent useless banter can get irritating especially when you're hoping they'll comment on some recent sporting event but instead they go on and on about some useless crap.

Leave Her Sage, Mellon balls the show killer (he really is) and Yak-a-Belch are all way too annoying to listen to unless you're really desperate for a Sens update. I've also had enough of the same old platitude from itiswhatitis, the ex NHL splinter collector and bench warmer, Eatwood. Please bring back Vanner.

Mac was 3rd best of that sorry lot. Not a great endorsement but better than nothing. His departure will cut down considerably on my Bell Team1200 radio listening time. Even worse just look at what Bell has done to the A-Channel weekday morning show.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 03:36 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Problem with the Team1200 is that their guys don't have very good radio voices so it's hard to listen for very long. Exceptions to that might be Loyd and York although their frequent useless banter can get irritating especially when you're hoping they'll comment on some recent sporting event but instead they go on and on about some useless crap.

Leave Her Sage, Mellon balls the show killer (he really is) and Yak-a-Belch are all way too annoying to listen to unless you're really desperate for a Sens update. I've also had enough of the same old platitude from itiswhatitis, the ex NHL splinter collector and bench warmer, Eatwood. Please bring back Vanner.

Mac was 3rd best of that sorry lot. Not a great endorsement but better than nothing. His departure will cut down considerably on my Bell Team1200 radio listening time. Even worse just look at what Bell has done to the A-Channel weekday morning show.
To be fair the damamge to the a channel was done before bell took over plus they have commited to pumping money into the a channel.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote