HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sauer/Avery skirmish (video)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR ribbet View Post
And so you then read the lips of Sauer by checking out the back of his helmet and you failed to mention (being more than a casual hockey fan, as I apparently am not) how dumb and dangerous it was for Sauer to throw Avery on top of Lundqvist?

A+.
Okay, so you're conceding those two points I made. Good on you. Now for this point of contention. Really I don't give a ****. If you thought I originally was claiming I knew exactly what Sauer said, either I worded it badly or you took it the wrong way. It looks like Sauer is going to help him up while saying something and then Avery responds by pushing him. So yeah, I assume there was some constructive criticism from Sauer that Avery didn't appreciate. I think that's not unfair.

Sauer didn't then "throw Avery on top of Lundqvist". He shoved him in response to Avery shoving him, and Avery bumped Henrik a little. Sauer is a beast of a man while Avery is pretty small, so if Sauer wanted to deck Avery he would have. He showed restraint.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
ribbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Okay, so you're conceding those two points I made. Good on you. Now for this point of contention. Really I don't give a ****. If you thought I originally was claiming I knew exactly what Sauer said, either I worded it badly or you took it the wrong way. It looks like Sauer is going to help him up while saying something and then Avery responds by pushing him. So yeah, I assume there was some constructive criticism from Sauer that Avery didn't appreciate. I think that's not unfair.

Sauer didn't then "throw Avery on top of Lundqvist". He shoved him in response to Avery shoving him, and Avery bumped Henrik a little. Sauer is a beast of a man while Avery is pretty small, so if Sauer wanted to deck Avery he would have. He showed restraint.
You can't discern whether Avery was pushed, slipped, fell, or purposely hit Hank. To assume that he is guilty for intentionally hitting him is retarded. It's a hockey practice, this **** happens all the time.

I've played hockey for 14 years. Bumped goalies by accident, guys hit me in the mouth, slapshots off the goalies toes; it happens--no matter what time of year. You scrap with some guys and get over it.

9 times out of 10 you fight over something that wasn't even intentionally done. You laugh about it 10 minutes later. If this was Callahan on the ground and not Avery, this thread wouldn't exist.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
If this was Callahan on the ground and not Avery, this thread wouldn't exist.
ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
HockeyHillbilly

Yesterday his brother Kurt and I spoke w/ Michael after practice & he didn't even mention it. He was more interested in knowing how we did hunting earlier in the morning and if my dad had gotten the package he had sent back to him.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:06 PM
beef 4 lunch

Love it! these guys are fired up and ready to go.

Nothing wrong here...Avery haters projecting a little bit too much.

Boys will be boys.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
You can't discern whether Avery was pushed, slipped, fell, or purposely hit Hank. To assume that he is guilty for intentionally hitting him is retarded. It's a hockey practice, this **** happens all the time.

I've played hockey for 14 years. Bumped goalies by accident, guys hit me in the mouth, slapshots off the goalies toes; it happens--no matter what time of year. You scrap with some guys and get over it.

9 times out of 10 you fight over something that wasn't even intentionally done. You laugh about it 10 minutes later. If this was Callahan on the ground and not Avery, this thread wouldn't exist.
Callahan would have never been in that situation because he isn't an idiot. It wasn't dumb luck that it happened to be avery, it was just dumb and that's why it was avery.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM
ribbet

Quote:
It wasn't dumb luck that it happened to be avery, it was just dumb and that's why it was avery.
This screeeeams "I hate Avery!! Everything is always his fault!!!"

Yeah Callahan wouldn't be dumb enough to be in that situation just like Marc Stall wouldn't be dumb enough to hit Henrik in the head with a slap shot. Oh wait...

**** happens. See past your blind hatred and realize it's a contact sport. It's hockey. Not basketball, not soccer. Hockey. Deal with it.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Avery drives to net, Sauer defends hard and Lundqvist gets bowled over. Avery foes back at Sauer players and coaches bust it up.

Quote:
Callahan would have never been in that situation because he isn't an idiot. It wasn't dumb luck that it happened to be avery, it was just dumb and that's why it was avery.
Why do you continue to ignore the fact that Avery could've been pushed into Hank? Jesus...

Old
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
This screeeeams "I hate Avery!! Everything is always his fault!!!"

Yeah Callahan wouldn't be dumb enough to be in that situation just like Marc Stall wouldn't be dumb enough to hit Henrik in the head with a slap shot. Oh wait...

**** happens. See past your blind hatred and realize it's a contact sport. It's hockey. Not basketball, not soccer. Hockey. Deal with it.
are you seriously comparing taking a high shot to ramming the goalie

Old
04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Avery drives to net, Sauer defends hard and Lundqvist gets bowled over. Avery foes back at Sauer players and coaches bust it up.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that Avery could've been pushed into Hank? Jesus...
He could have, but it's less likely. And again, he shouldn't have put himself in that position to begin with. It's a guy trying to earn icetime in practice recklessly, and selfishly. Reckless and selfish screams, "Sean Avery".

When a guy runs a goalie he's often pushed at the end, but it's still that guys fault. Don't get that close to the goalie, based on Sauer's history I'm sure that's what he's thinking when he goes over to aver afterwards.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
MorrisWanchuk

love the intensity all round.

want to see more of it tonight

Old
04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
ribbet

Quote:
are you seriously comparing taking a high shot to ramming the goalie
Are you seriously saying he "rammed" the goalie?

And comparing a high shot to accidentally bumping the goalie? Yes I'd compare it. What broke Callahan's ankle? What broke Drury's hand? What broke Callahan's hand?

A rubber puck traveling at high speeds can do just as much if not more damage. Ask Steve Yzerman's face if he likes pucks up high.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
love the intensity all round.

want to see more of it tonight
This.
It's not a big deal whatsoever.

None. Whatsoever. It happens in sports.

Old
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Old time hockey, bar the door
Clear the track, it's all out war!

Light the lamp, throw as hit!
New York Rangers never quit!

The barn is full, the teams in town
So put'em up boys, knock'em down

Drop the puck, it's time to go
Time to go...

Old
04-07-2011, 03:14 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Wow, what a non-story. Good for everyone involved for taking practice seriously.

Old
04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
HockeyBurd*

It's pronounced squirmish.

Old
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
E Nixson