HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT : Extremely dangerous move in beer league hockey

Old
04-06-2011, 05:29 AM
HC Ref

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Well, you don't play much beer league hockey. The emotional level gets really high at times, and stupid stuff happens regularly.
This is very true. The emotion and intensity are ramped up an extra notch during a playoff game, which this was.

HC Ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Turboflex*

Some areas are worse than others.

In the Waste Island the people are insane in the local leagues, always starting brawls, probably to vent their frustration over their lame lives and long commutes.

Beer leagues in westmount, NDG, cote st luc, dorval area are a lot more civilized.

I dont know much about frencher leagues but Im sure its the same where you have civilized hockey and then some animal areas where they think they are NAHL.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Habs

Im my league, one fight and you are out for the year, 3 penalties you are out of the game.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Actually I've been playing hockey since I was 5 years old. I've been playing in a beer league for the last 10. I've seen and been in a lot of fights, but normally it's just pushing and shoving with a few punches thrown.

I know emotions can run high, no matter what level you play in. I just think it's stupid that it would reach the point where he felt the need to tomahawk another player over the head with his stick. If he wanted to get him, drop the gloves and go.
I agree with you.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC Ref View Post
By the way, there is no way this was scripted or arranged - I was there!

I was wondering when this video would surface. This happened a week or two ago. Notice the camera angle; it is on top of the players' entrance to rink 2 in Boisbriand. The league (MHL - now bankrupt) had cameras and filmed every game.

It wasn't the first playoff game for which the police had to be called this year...

Edit - nobody embedded the video yet:

Louis went bankrupt? lol

Yeah this is definitely MHL, I've played in this arena before. The hallway leading to the dressing rooms is more narrow than Hank Hill's urethra.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:49 PM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropist View Post
Louis went bankrupt? lol

Yeah this is definitely MHL, I've played in this arena before. The hallway leading to the dressing rooms is more narrow than Hank Hill's urethra.
Man, I thought I was the only one who thought the hallways were made for hobbits. If you have player going one way and a player going the other with both of them carying bags, one of them is gonne have to hide in one of the locker rooms to let the other get through...Way to go Joel!

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:50 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post

In the Waste Island the people are insane in the local leagues, always starting brawls, probably to vent their frustration over their lame lives and long commutes.

Beer leagues in westmount, NDG, cote st luc, dorval area are a lot more civilized.

I dont know much about frencher leagues but Im sure its the same where you have civilized hockey and then some animal areas where they think they are NAHL.
Oh god not this again. I've already told you this is a retarded generalization. My cousin plays in one of those leagues at excellence in Kirkland where you had the problem. I can assure you this isn't a common thing here, but if you want to just assume cause you're pissed off you lost and got owned go for it. Either way it's laughable that you say that, this type of stuff can happen in any area, believe me even NDG (My other cousins live in NDG and play around that area too and it's all the same)

I personally don't play but have attended a couple of the games just for fun, some of my friends played. Yeah sometimes little things happen, but usually when some crybaby team loses to the "waste islanders" they hate so much, they just can't handle it. My cousin who plays there is 6'6" 225lbs, he's a built guy, and he never fights people or starts ****, he's a total pacifist and actually would break guys up if they did that sort of thing.

In an actual league maybe I could see it being a bit more serious, but the only people who are crybabies like that are the ones who treat it more like a real league than what it is, a beer league, and those people probably whine just like you and try to start ****, then when they get their ***** handed to them they come on an internet forum and QQ about it. Sorry but if you're going to come to the west island thinking people here are just a bunch of ******* you can start **** with, you are sorely mistaken, and you likely got your ass handed to you as a result of that kind of mentality or friends who did. Don't cry about it now when you likely got what you had coming to you. People always try that **** around here thinking "oh it's just the west island, bunch of *******" and you know what, I'm glad they do, cause just like any city or area, there are ******* but there are also tough guys too. Making assumptions/generalizations about an entire area like that = just dumb.

The truth is some people are worse than others and where they're from doesn't have a thing to do with it, you just hate west islanders and have bias against us. Now go run along and play with the cool kids who think they're bad ass for living in the city and hate on anyone who doesn't.

Last edited by neofury*: 04-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
McNuts

He asked for it. Nice clean hit

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post

can you sound more like you a chip on your shoulder?

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:03 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

He's gonna be on TVA - Le match in couple of minutes

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:13 AM
HabsInsideOut

Can't believe the guy didn't stay down after a shot like that

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
Can't believe the guy didn't stay down after a shot like that
After watching it again, I could have swore the stick hit him in the shoulder pad?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:30 AM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
After watching it again, I could have swore the stick hit him in the shoulder pad?
I dunno maybe? I think it at least got the side of the head

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 04:15 PM
shamrun

If anyone is interested here is the video discussed on Le Match

http://lematch.tvanouvelles.ca/gener...resseur%C2%BB/

It's in french though but basically he did not expect to get hit like that and he put up the video so that people can see that there are some crazy people playing in garage leagues.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote