HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacob Silfverberg

Old
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
I stopped reading here, have you seen him play?
Fixed.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Exalted User

Article from Feb.2

Google translate ftw.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8498553.ab

Quote:
Brynäs star knobs NHL

"I'm not ready yet"

Jakob Silfverberg has gone from strength to strength during the season.

But no NHL move next season?

Do not count on it.

- I'm not ready yet, "he says.

Jakob Silfverberg, 20, has had his breakthrough season. Brynäs-scoring forward has 25 points (12 +13) in 42 games and has been with the two teams played with Team Sweden.

Silfverberg is drafted by the Ottawa Senators and the NHL club offer him a contract after the season is not a long shot.
'Will stay'

But it does not seem to be any move across the Atlantic for him this fall.

- I will stay in Brynäs whether Ottawa would come with an offer. I feel that I'm not quite ready for the NHL yet. I need to be developed further and raise my lowest point, says Silfverberg to Gävle News agency.
I'm happy. Sure you're not though.

Quote:
Is it just me, or does the SEL have the worst jerseys ever? Not sure if I'm going to have a seizure or just plain puke when I have to watch clips done over there.
First off, the quality of the production is often on par, if not better then some nhl broadcasts. Second, i appreciate almost all the teams not trying to goof up and "modernize" the jerseys with stupid gimmicks. Unlike i certain other leage.(case and point)

Last edited by 1912: 04-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.
1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Boy, we definitely have some touchy Sens posters over here. Make one remark about a guy perhaps not being ready yet, and they act like the world has fallen...and I'm a Sens fans who actually LIKES Silfverberg.

The player himself says he's not ready. Relax and wait another year. Didn't seem to hurt Rundblad this year it letting him become a dominant presence in the SEL. Why not let Silfverberg do the same? He isn't going to help us with a Cup next year.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
The player himself says he's not ready.
That's what Binghamton is for.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindstrom View Post
Article from Feb.2

Google translate ftw.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8498553.ab

I'm happy. Sure you're not though.

First off, the quality of the production is often on par, if not better then some nhl broadcasters. Second, i appreciate almost all the teams not trying to goof up and "modernize" the jerseys with stupid gimmicks. Unlike i certain other leage.(case and point)
Meh, I'm excited to see Silfverberg play and come to camp, but if it has to wait another year, that's fine. I think him saying he's not ready means he's got some high hopes for what he can be at the highest level, when he comes over he may be ready to be a top 6 player very quickly. I just hope he turns another corner in the SEL and gives us the thought he may become something very good.

And you could have just used our current jerseys as example of modern cartoony gimmicks...

I like some of the jerseys in the SEL quite a bit. I like the Brynas ones quite a bit off the top of my head....the dark ones.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
Maybe he's not ready to leave Sweden.

Old
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
When I initially suggested he'd provably have to start in Bingo if he came over next year, several posters jumped on me asking me whether I'd ever seen him play? have i seen our depth chart? blah, blah, blah... that was my point.

I'm fine with him in the SEL or starting in Bingo. I just think it's naive to expect a 20 year old who is good - not great yet - in the SEL, to come over and crack the squad in his first season on NA ice.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Maybe he's not ready to leave Sweden.
Well clearly he is not, but staying in Sweden is likely for financial or personal reasons, and unlikely to be best for his NHL career.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Meh, I'm excited to see Silfverberg play and come to camp, but if it has to wait another year, that's fine. I think him saying he's not ready means he's got some high hopes for what he can be at the highest level, when he comes over he may be ready to be a top 6 player very quickly. I just hope he turns another corner in the SEL and gives us the thought he may become something very good.

And you could have just used our current jerseys as example of modern cartoony gimmicks...

I like some of the jerseys in the SEL quite a bit. I like the Brynas ones quite a bit off the top of my head....the dark ones.
He's a very ambitious guy that's for sure. Doesn't take anything for granted and works very hard. I know for a fact he'll play in the nhl some day. He's had a very linear development curve and shows no sign of slowin down. On the contrairy actally.

What some people don't seem to understand though is that he's not your player by any means. Yes, you own the rights to sign him but he's not a senator yet. Far from it. Brynäs IF, just like any other team in the SEL is a proffessional sports organization that puts hard work and big money in to developing theese players so that they can become a vital ingredient in the succes of the team. But if the teams feel like the work they put in to it don't pay off(for example nhl teams swooping in and signing the players at an a fairly early age just when they show signs of really becoming a good player and then just stuffing them in the AHL) i fear that they might stop all together.

It actually annoys me quite a bit. I don't mean that all people feel this way. And maybee it's just the way people words things that make me confused.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
He's a very ambitious guy that's for sure. Doesn't take anything for granted and works very hard. I know for a fact he'll play in the nhl some day. He's had a very linear development curve and shows no sign of slowin down. On the contrairy actally.

What some people don't seem to understand though is that he's not your player by any means. Yes, you own the rights to sign him but he's not a senator yet. Far from it. Brynäs IF, just like any other team in the SEL is a proffessional sports organization that puts hard work and big money in to developing theese players so that they can become a vital ingredient in the succes of the team. But if the teams feel like the work they put in to it don't pay off(for example nhl teams swooping in and signing the players at an a fairly early age just when they show signs of really becoming a good player and then just stuffing them in the AHL) i fear that they might stop all together.

It actually annoys me quite a bit. I don't mean that all people feel this way. And maybee it's just the way people words things that make me confused.
I've actually been surprised that the majority of Sens fans are practically embracing him deciding to stay another year. Sure, we wanna see him, but most guys have been good with it as far as I've seen. I'm always a little careful not to say stuff that like that myself, all the Swede posters help out with tracking prospects so well here, I realize sometimes you guys may get sensitive about losing homegrown talent premature, and rightfully so.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
I've actually been surprised that the majority of Sens fans are practically embracing him deciding to stay another year. Sure, we wanna see him, but most guys have been good with it as far as I've seen. I'm always a little careful not to say stuff that like that myself, all the Swede posters help out with tracking prospects so well here, I realize sometimes you guys may get sensitive about losing homegrown talent premature, and rightfully so.
I suppose we're used to it. Doesn't get me upset loosing the players but when some people are talking like he's allready a senator and seem to think they can do whatever they want with him, it annoys me. But i don't get mad.

And i absolutely don't mind answering questions. I know I would want to know more about a player that i had no clue about what so ever. It just seems so obvious to help out. And i suppose it's also nice when others then swedes take at least some notice of swedish hockey, be it for good or bad

I think staying in sweden for a year or two more will just benefit him. Just look at franzen or zetterberg. Stayed home a couple of years more cause they wern't ready and havn'r played a second in the ahl(just want to make it clear i'm in no way compairing him to them in any other aspect!).

Old
04-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
I suppose we're used to it. Doesn't get me upset loosing the players but when some people are talking like he's allready a senator and seem to think they can do whatever they want with him, it annoys me. But i don't get mad.

And i absolutely don't mind answering questions. I know I would want to know more about a player that i had no clue about what so ever. It just seems so obvious to help out. And i suppose it's also nice when others then swedes take at least some notice of swedish hockey, be it for good or bad

I think staying in sweden for a year or two more will just benefit him. Just look at franzen or zetterberg. Stayed home a couple of years more cause they wern't ready and havn'r played a second in the ahl(just want to make it clear i'm in no way compairing him to them in any other aspect!).
Can Silfverberg even develop any more playing in Sweden? I would think that based on his style of play the best way for him to develop is to play in the AHL. He plays more of a North American kind of game and will need to get used to the physical play that comes with driving the net and being a net presence. the SEL isn't a tough enough league to get used to that aspect of the game. However with that stated I guess he could improve in other areas of the game by waiting another year and staying in the SEL.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Can Silfverberg even develop any more playing in Sweden? I would think that based on his style of play the best way for him to develop is to play in the AHL. He plays more of a North American kind of game and will need to get used to the physical play that comes with driving the net and being a net presence. the SEL isn't a tough enough league to get used to that aspect of the game. However with that stated I guess he could improve in other areas of the game by waiting another year and staying in the SEL.
Can Jeff Skinner develop anymore playing in the NHL?

Of course he can. Development doesn't just stop. He hasn't become all he can be in that league...

Old
04-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Can Jeff Skinner develop anymore playing in the NHL?

Of course he can. Development doesn't just stop. He hasn't become all he can be in that league...
All I was getting at is that he will need to transition his style of play to the Canadian style. He will take a lot of punishment with his style of play and he won't learn to cope with that in Sweden. But then again like I said before I guess he could develop other aspects of his game.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
All I was getting at is that he will need to transition his style of play to the Canadian style. He will take a lot of punishment with his style of play and he won't learn to cope with that in Sweden. But then again like I said before I guess he could develop other aspects of his game.
Yeah other aspects like offense. He's just 20, nothing wrong with filling out a bit more before making the leap overseas anyways.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Yeah other aspects like offense. He's just 20, nothing wrong with filling out a bit more before making the leap overseas anyways.
It may actually make it easier for him to step into a top six role in the NHL if he stays another year.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Rumcajs

Nobody forgot about him, its the fact he doesnt want to come over to play in Bingo. Let him do his thing in SEL and he will play in the NHL in the following year.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
Of course he can. He's not really a big star in this league yet and i think he wants to feel he's at least somewhat dominant before he takes the step to the senators. There is a lot more room room for him to grow here, both getting physycally stronger and developing his offensive game. With the kinda drive to the net style he plays now i think he won't have any problem at all transitioning. He's allready having to stand quite a bit of physical abbuse, nothing like the nhl of course. But let's face it. If he isn't accomplishing anything of siggnificance here he won't do anything over there either.

Last edited by 1912: 04-08-2011 at 07:08 AM.