HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
A coach can do a number of things to motivate his team. I'm sure a professional like Torts has various tactics. If his team isn't capable of motivating themselves, it doesn't really matter what the hell the coach says, or does.

Some of you fellows have some pretty silly expectations from the coaching staff. What's even funnier is how some of your opinions on him flip-flop depending on the recent games outcome. This is a young team, playing a huge game. If we had a lucky bounce early in the game, we cruise-control our way to victory imo. We hit a post, and just got a couple of unlucky bounces.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I really would like to see Ovi win a cup also, it would shutup all the crosby lovers for a moment.

So caps in the east, phoenix in the west and Caps>phoenix

My family used to spend time in dc every year so i always had a soft spot for that place anyway

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

All I ask is Atlanta holds Carolina to a point tomorrow. If the Rangers can't win Saturday, than they don't deserve to be there. Shame it had to come to this but it is what it is.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay NYR View Post
Carolina makes it, they won the regular season series against us.
Ridiculous that the shootout wins and goal differential does not matter much.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColonialsHockey10

POTG: The fans. We have to endure so much ****ing crap every single season. It's so ****ing unfair. I want to call my dad and yell at him for raising me a fan of such an unfortunate franchise. I'm angry, but we'll all be back saturday, and the game after also. This team doesn't deserve to sell out, they're a steaming pile of crap.

Good: Is that a joke? Hahahahahahaha

Bad: Nobody, calling someone bad in this game would be a complement.

The Redden:

THIS TEAM IS CURSED. BADLY.

Guess when the last time we weren't in a playoff position? April of last year. And we are likely going to be again, tomorrow, on the eve of the 82nd game of the season. I get so excited watching the best prospect we've had in decades, who miraculously fell into our laps.

Guess why he fell into our laps? Because he was going to ****ing die 2 years later. You don't make that up.

I watch this team make countless great signing, and then watch the said signed players somehow turn to crap overnight. Chris Drury got so bad so quickly not even Stephen ****ing Hawking could create a theory for. Same goes for Gomez, Kotalik, Jokinen. Nothing this team does ever goes ****ing right.

I watch ex Rangers score on this team, terrible goalies play lights out, and kids racking of their first career goals all against the Rangers. I watch all the super stars who have been out for 4 months all return just in time for the Rangers game, and they score. I watch as the schedules slowly unfold and it becomes more and more likely we will have to play a division rival for anything this season to matter.

I don't see anything going right for this team. Nothing ever does, and I can't believe people have tp endure this crap.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
The one constant these past few weeks also gets berated?
yup you got it! i don't give a crap about his 11 shutouts, when he gives up 2 goals in 15s in the rangers biggest game of 2011 season!
not to mention another crap goal to mike frickin boulton.

The whole team sucked beyond comprehension tonight, coach included, but Henrik gets no pass for what he accomplished last week.

he's overpaid and he's won nothing!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Abooch68

How can you in a game like this against a team like that lose 3-0.. especially after being down 3-0 the game before... unacceptable..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I am a fan. It's my right as a fan to point out when the team is pathetic beyond words, which was tonight, and most nights for that matter. If I wasn't a fan I would've ditched this disgrace a long time ago and started following a professional franchise. Why do you think I'm still here suffering after nearly two decades? A) Because the Rangers are an insult to God, their families, and the sport of hockey, and B) because I'm a fan.
This post is awesome.

God I hate this team.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Last game Torts quote. "This team got balls"
This game Torts quote. "This team got golf balls"

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I thought he played well. I thought he kept this sad squad a chance all game. He stopped a handful of big shots, no? Thrashers could have blown the game wide open if it wasn't for his key saves.
Exactly. I mean, he wasn't in full-blown shut-down mode but the 2nd period could have easily ended 4-0.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blazephr

Gabby pulling another Houdini act. His performance alone has been a disgrace.

This team as a whole, just simply cannot bury the ******** puck. All year long they've had a problem putting the puck in the net on glorious scoring chances. Its an epidemic with this team.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Redden: The team.

Not Torts, not the stupid ****ing false parity loser point system, the team.

After seeing your Captain lumber onto the ice with a broken ankle next to Steven ****ing McDonald, you get shut out by the ****ing Atlanta Thrashers.

Thanks guys. I hope you enjoyed the emotional stress you've put on me throughout this year. I really do because golfing gets pretty boring.

and thank you Dolan, for raising ticket prices, that way i'm not tempted to buy tickets in a season that will just end in heartbreak.
Pretty much how I see it. Team should have been pumped. But honestly, Tortorella has to hold some accountability. It's his job to get the team in the right mind set. It was his job to get his team motivated after a lousy first period. It didn't happen. I didn't see any urgency all game.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrfan519

Ranger fans deserve better than this. This team doesn't just blow it...they do so in the most heartbreaking way time and time again. For the second straight year, there's a good chance we miss the playoffs on the last day of the regular season. Unreal.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
A coach can do a number of things to motivate his team. I'm sure a professional like Torts has various tactics. If his team isn't capable of motivating themselves, it doesn't really matter what the hell the coach says, or does.

Some of you fellows have some pretty silly expectations from the coaching staff. What's even funnier is how some of your opinions on him flip-flop depending on the recent games outcome. This is a young team, playing a huge game. If we had a lucky bounce early in the game, we cruise-control our way to victory imo. We hit a post, and just got a couple of unlucky bounces.
A team is only as good as its coach.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:47 PM
UAGoalieGuy

May be for once this season the Rangers will get some help from another team tomorrow night and the Thrashers will beat Carolina in regulation.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, I'm on the Ducks and Kings bandwagon as well. I really came to enjoy them during my year-long stint in SoCal.
Kings for me. I've had a soft spot for them ever since they gave away Avery for free.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

lololol @ all these newbs thinking their real fans because the don't complain about there team. Part of being a fan is realizing when changes need to be made.

Old
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
at least boyle seems like he cares
I bet most players in the lockerrom feel like he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
girardi and staal played horrible.

how many times must girardi get burned?

Where is big money staal?

biggest game of the year and come out playing like this?

tort's acts like it's not on him?
Torts's fault that big money Staal didn't score? Or, Torts's fault Girardi was burned? Sauer isn't quicker than Girardi. McDonagh plays on the left side. Who do you want opposite Staal???

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
cant wait to see how the Thrashers play tomorrow night, im gonna go out on a limb and say a 5-0 loss to the Hurricanes? that sounds about right

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
yup you got it! i don't give a crap about his 11 shutouts, when he gives up 2 goals in 15s in the rangers biggest game of 2011 season!
not to mention another crap goal to mike frickin boulton.

The whole team sucked beyond comprehension tonight, coach included, but Henrik gets no pass for what he accomplished last week.

he's overpaid and he's won nothing!
Without the Demi-God we have between the pipes you know what we'd be...

Lundqvist has carried this entire team on his back for 6 years and you have the nerve to question him

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Hope for a Nashville - Phoenix WCF so nobody cares, and a Buffalo - Carolina ECF so Canes fans can continue to whine and cry about Buffalo fans.

Then, a Carolina - Nashville final, which will do a .01 rating.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crease

Yes this sucks, but lets not forget that the Rangers still have a 2 point lead over the Hurricanes. Carolina STILL needs to take care of business on their end. The Rangers can lose on Saturday and still make the playoffs. Say what you want but I'd rather be the Rangers than the Hurricanes right now. Lets wait until after the Atlanta/Carolina game tomorrow before everyone starts jumping off the GWB.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Zzzherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Last game Torts quote. "This team got balls"
This game Torts quote. "This team got golf balls"

Sadly, it's soon to be true. ):

Zzzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
you will probably see drury dressed on saturday, which i think will calm this team whether he plays a lot or not, whether he scores or not, a leader is needed dressing with this team and cally is out, and the only one left is drury, so u will see him dressed saturday and the team will play more relaxed...that is more an opinion, but i believe that

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I am a fan. It's my right as a fan to point out when the team is pathetic beyond words, which was tonight, and most nights for that matter. If I wasn't a fan I would've ditched this disgrace a long time ago and started following a professional franchise. Why do you think I'm still here suffering after nearly two decades? A) Because the Rangers are an insult to God, their families, and the sport of hockey, and B) because I'm a fan.
I don't always agree with you Machinehead but I also can't say I've ever agreed with a post as much as this one on HF.

Well, good night guys. I'll catch you tomorrow and the rest on saturday.