HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2011, 09:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
pretty much agreed....this game and the islanders game nonwithstanding this team has played a hell of a season, and they most defintiely deserve to be in the playoffs. how many games have we lost because a puck bounced in off of our skates or sticks? weve probably lost like 10 games like that, maybe won like 2. this is been a bizarre year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:08 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
games where they are flat Torts has shown zero ability to get his team going. why no emotion tonight for their biggest game of the season so far?
He knows this is a young group is trying to be a bit easy with them.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:09 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I feel bad for Hank, and even though he deserves a cup, there's no way in hell I'd like to see him on another team.

Getting a goatlender of Hank's quality is too hard to find.
Exactly!! and its not like we have some1 in the system who can take his spot we would only get worse from there on out

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Aside from the rookies this team has been around the block and has dealt with him in the past when he wasn't so calm. I don't think it would hurt one bit to light a fire under their ass.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThisYearsModel

It is not over yet. Buffalo could lose their last 2. Naah....forget it. We're history for this year.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=834977

Read this thread- comparisons to Stamkos, Hall, some Ovechkin, some Crosby, etc.
Wait it's actually Nail? Like the kind you hammer? I love him already.

But even if we got the pick we'd probably take some kid slated to go in the 4th round as an "experiment".

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Dorado*

Cheer up Dylan McIlbelak is on his way !!! Hahahha hahnahahbb hhabhahab

God help us , maybe he can beat some one up so they put it in their own net ... Hahnahahbb

We are doomed for mediocrity . Who is the next generational talent I vote Tank !!!!!

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:11 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Wait it's actually Nail? Like the kind you hammer? I love him already.

But even if we got the pick we'd probably take some kid slated to go in the 4th round as an "experiment".
Then I would NEVER again be a Rangers fan if we ever had a chance like that.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan

why is hank even being discussed?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Trade Lundqvist and we win 20 games next year. The man is the team. When opposing teams face us they are not playing the Rangers. THey are playing Lundqvist.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
im going to have to go ahead and disagree...respectfully of course.
pissing away points against the ottawa, sabres, piles and atlanta in the last 2 weeks of the season can certainly be considered choking.
there is just no excuse for this team coming out completely dead at home against teams they SHOULD beat. no excuse.
exactly. for people to act we should take them choking away a playoff spot in stride because they are "young and on the right track" is crap.

they were good enough to make the playoffs this season and they should be there with a goalie like lundqvist. tortorella was never able to get through to his star scorer. too many games this coaching staff could not effect change.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:13 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
Trade Lundqvist and we win 20 games next year. The man is the team. When opposing teams face us they are not playing the Rangers. THey are playing Lundqvist.
Again, this conversation started not because we want Hank gone, and it's his fault blah blah blah.

It's just some of us are such fans of his that we would put his interests first (i.e. and championship) over the team as a whole. Meaning we would rather Hank go to another team where he actually gets a chance to win, we are ruining his career.

Hank deserves a championship while he still has time.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Cheer up Dylan McIlbelak is on his way !!! Hahahha hahnahahbb hhabhahab

God help us , maybe he can beat some one up so they put it in their own net ... Hahnahahbb

We are doomed for mediocrity . Who is the next generational talent I vote Tank !!!!!
Yeah I can't wait. 3 years down the line McIlrath will play on the 3rd pairing, bring mediocre defense, no offense, and get in a few fights. Fowler will put up 65 points. Get 'er done Slats!

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Nothing would make me happier than to have ****ing Nail Yakupov on this team.

My only solace is praying that Chris Kreider suddenly clicks and can put up 80 points in the NHL with Brad Richards playing the best hockey of his career.

The future is the only thing I can look forward to when the present ****ing blows.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Then I would NEVER again be a Rangers fan if we ever had a chance like that.
Then you're probably not much of a fan to begin with....

If we had a team full of Ryan Hollwegs and Dale Purinton's, I'd still watch and root.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
ha! are you serious? it's game 81! that time is over.

you've got to be kidding so i'll just laugh...

Old
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

I'm all for tanking it for some picks but Sather would have to go first. What good is a top 5 pick if he's taking it?

Old
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
because we lost and this is the 3rd most bipolar fan base behind the Habs and the Leafs.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Team is only as good as his coach. - That's your stupid line, not mine. So you tell me whether or not Hartley's a solid coach.

And it doesn't matter how Torts won a Cup in Tampa, the fact is he's been through it before, and come out on top. Don't discredit his accomplishments because of your personal dislike. Your like, 16 anyway.. Spend a few more years watching coaches, and hockey in general before you try and make pretend you know what you're talking about.
I tell you I want Bob Hartley instead of Tort. He is a better coach. Tort is a one trick pony. And it isn't even a great trick.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nothing would make me happier than to have ****ing Nail Yakupov on this team.

My only solace is praying that Chris Kreider suddenly clicks and can put up 80 points in the NHL with Brad Richards playing the best hockey of his career.

The future is the only thing I can look forward to when the present ****ing blows.
Yeah, hopefully in Dallas.

Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
POTG: The fans. We have to endure so much ****ing crap every single season. It's so ****ing unfair. I want to call my dad and yell at him for raising me a fan of such an unfortunate franchise. I'm angry, but we'll all be back saturday, and the game after also. This team doesn't deserve to sell out, they're a steaming pile of crap.

Good: Is that a joke? Hahahahahahaha

Bad: Nobody, calling someone bad in this game would be a complement.

The Redden:

THIS TEAM IS CURSED. BADLY.

Guess when the last time we weren't in a playoff position? April of last year. And we are likely going to be again, tomorrow, on the eve of the 82nd game of the season. I get so excited watching the best prospect we've had in decades, who miraculously fell into our laps.

Guess why he fell into our laps? Because he was going to ****ing die 2 years later. You don't make that up.

I watch this team make countless great signing, and then watch the said signed players somehow turn to crap overnight. Chris Drury got so bad so quickly not even Stephen ****ing Hawking could create a theory for. Same goes for Gomez, Kotalik, Jokinen. Nothing this team does ever goes ****ing right.

I watch ex Rangers score on this team, terrible goalies play lights out, and kids racking of their first career goals all against the Rangers. I watch all the super stars who have been out for 4 months all return just in time for the Rangers game, and they score. I watch as the schedules slowly unfold and it becomes more and more likely we will have to play a division rival for anything this season to matter.

I don't see anything going right for this team. Nothing ever does, and I can't believe people have tp endure this crap.
This is a great post. What has happened to this franchise post-1994 is more bizarre, more ridiculous, and more unbelievable than all the crap that happened 1940-1994 put together.

And even then, since the late 60's, they were making the playoffs regularly. Really, "the curse" came into being in the 70's, thanks to the Islanders.

Imagine if just ONE big-name free agent signing worked. JUST ONE during the '98-'04 drought.

There is a lot of bad ju-ju inside Madison Square Garden. I know the Rangers have won a Cup in there, the Knicks have won two Championships (but those are almost ancient history; I was 2 1/2 the last one), and there have been epic concerts, but it's time to implode that place and build something new. Between the bad ice which hurts the home team and the Knicks' opponents who see the Garden as their place to shine, it's difficult to say there's any home advantage to that place.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

lol im glad youll be ready to play game 82 torts...jackhole

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:17 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah I can't wait. 3 years down the line McIlrath will play on the 3rd pairing, bring mediocre defense, no offense, and get in a few fights. Fowler will put up 65 points. Get 'er done Slats!
the rangers would have been better off trading their 1st round pick than going with McIirath. This team is lucky to score 1-2 goals a game and they draft a defensive defensman who won't be ready to
play until 3yrs from now....

Old
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
That's the worst part! Last year he was too animated now he is too calm. Find a happy medium and lead this team.

I see what you did there. Unless you have never seen that thread in the lounge.

Agreed about Lundqvist. But watching a goaltender of his magnitude rot on this team is almost unbearable.
Torts needs to lay of the sleeping pills or something. I didn't even mind him too much last season, even though he acted like an ass at times.
He needs to show some damn anger and displeasure at this stage of the season.

I do feel for Hank after ****** games like this. But as a Ranger fan, I hope he stays with this club for his entire career.

And yes, the goatlender part was intentional.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
pretty much agreed....this game and the islanders game nonwithstanding this team has played a hell of a season, and they most defintiely deserve to be in the playoffs. how many games have we lost because a puck bounced in off of our skates or sticks? weve probably lost like 10 games like that, maybe won like 2. this is been a bizarre year.
You said essentially the same thing last season. Pointed to a whole bunch of statistics that indicated we should be in the playoffs.

So now we've missed two years in a row, due purely to bad luck? I have a hard time buying that.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote