HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
3Four3

vCash: 500
I think Sather needs to catch Burke while he's plastered during happy-hour and trade Drury for their 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 first-round picks!

Do it, jackass!

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Torts needs to lay of the sleeping pills or something. I didn't even mind him too much last season, even though he acted like an ass at times.
He needs to show some damn anger and displeasure at this stage of the season.

I do feel for Hank after ****** games like this. But as a Ranger fan, I hope stays with this club for his entire career.

And yes, the goatlender part was intentional.
Well played sir.

I am certainly not advocating moving Lundqvist. I feel terrible for him but he is honestly one of the only reasons I can handle watching this team on nights like tonight.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

My theory, and it continues to be proven right every year:

The Rangers are one of a handful of teams that are stuck in mediocrity. Meaning that every year they are fighting for the same seeds (7-9) without going any higher or lower.

This is a cyclical phenomenon. Why is it cyclical? because think about it, every year we are fighting for the same spots, meaning our draft picks are usually mid first round, and we usually miss that opportunity to grab that star that can change the face of the franchise.

How do you get out of the cycle? It has to be through free agency. The Rangers have done a bad job in free agency, thus continuing the cycle of mediocrity. We have good prospects in the system, but no game breakers.

Either we tank and get that future star, or we start getting smarter and getting the right free agents. If we fail to do either of those, we will constantly be in that same seeding range until something changes.

04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I would rather have Boogard in the line up then wolski

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
You said essentially the same thing last season. Pointed to a whole bunch of statistics that indicated we should be in the playoffs.

So now we've missed two years in a row, due purely to bad luck? I have a hard time buying that.
last year was a combination of inconsistency/lack of effort, and yes luck. This year is WAY more about luck, namely bad luck against us. its ludicrous to see the amount of injuries, the amount of bad bounces, etc that this team has had to endure. didnt we have a game with like 8 rookies in the lineup this year?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Okay, I don't actually want to trade Henke. He's my favorite player and the backbone of our team. I thought my sentiments were pretty clear, but I guess not.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
You said essentially the same thing last season. Pointed to a whole bunch of statistics that indicated we should be in the playoffs.

So now we've missed two years in a row, due purely to bad luck? I have a hard time buying that.
Take away the excellent goaltending and this team would likely be one of the bottom teams.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomLaidlaw

Dan Girardi was an absolute abomination tonight. I don't really have anything else to add. Inexcusable to put forth that type of effort in this big of a game.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Thank god im working Saturday till 3 and will miss the game so i dont gotta see us get eliminated! Thank the Bulls are number 1 in the eastern conference. My Mets suck, Falcons do good then got knocked out. Atleast 1 team has my hopes up. The Rangers did at a few times this season but then they play like this -____-

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:23 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
because we lost and this is the 3rd most bipolar fan base behind the Habs and the Leafs.
everyone knows how important Henrik is to this team, but some of us have the ability to acknowledge when he actually has bad games.

He's a very good goalie, but he has shown over and over again, that he can implode. Perfect example tonight. 2g in 15s! i don't know of any goalie i've ever seen that gives up goals as quickly and as close together as he has.

He hasn't proven he is a big game goalie, and doesn't warrant his salary. he's paid like SC champ, when he's never gotten his team out of the round 2 of the playoffs.

Saying we'd finish 14th without him really doesn't mean anything other than how screwed this team is in other areas.

NikC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Nobody in their right mind would trade Lundqvist. I personally think any mention of Hank letting in softies should be a bannable offense.

But when he's 35 and still cupless barring a complete miracle with Sather signing FAs and one of our prospects becoming an elite first liner, i'll drive him to the Wings myself so I can enjoy the greatest goaltender i've ever been able to watch live win a Stanley Cup.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

The Rangers are one of a handful of teams that are stuck in mediocrity. Meaning that every year they are fighting for the same seeds (7-9) without going any higher or lower.

This is a cyclical phenomenon. Why is it cyclical? because think about it, every year we are fighting for the same spots, meaning our draft picks are usually mid first round, and we usually miss that opportunity to grab that star that can change the face of the franchise.

How do you get out of the cycle? It has to be through free agency. The Rangers have done a bad job in free agency, thus continuing the cycle of mediocrity. We have good prospects in the system, but no game breakers.

Either we tank and get that future star, or we start getting smarter and getting the right free agents. If we fail to do either of those, we will constantly be in that same seeding range until something changes.
This post is sacrosanct. You have just defined this team the last 17 years. It should get printed out and stapled to Sathers head.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

1. Horrific effort, aside from the first 7-8 min and aside from Hank.
2. Gabby can seriously gtfo.
3. Wolski made so many bad decisions with the puck tonight there is no other explanation except him being rattled. Which isn't going to fly here.

04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea some of you people, BBG, need to relax.

I am in no way, shape, or form, advocating trading Lundqvist. He is by far my favorite Ranger and I would be heart-broken if he ever left.

With that said I was implying what some people said that we wanted to get rid of him because he deserves a championship.

Just because you're pissed about the Rangers right now, no need to disrespect me man.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

You pretty much just summed up my outlook right there

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

Hey guys check out this 2010-2011 Marian Gaborik highlight reel I made:

lol

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
pretty much agreed....this game and the islanders game nonwithstanding this team has played a hell of a season, and they most defintiely deserve to be in the playoffs. how many games have we lost because a puck bounced in off of our skates or sticks? weve probably lost like 10 games like that, maybe won like 2. this is been a bizarre year.
Agreed.

I don't understand how going 10-4-1 in the last 15 isn't good enough, even when they were in a playoff position when the run started.

In '06-'07, they were OUT OF IT in early March, went on a similar run and finished 6th.

In '07-'08 similar, and finished 5th (4th overall).

I've asked what the odds are for the Rangers, Hurricanes, and Sabres to do what they've done. It's flipping a coin 27 times, and it coming up heads 24. What are the odds on that?

The loser point has something to do with it, the shootout win-no win has something to do with it, but it's just been a wacky year with the luck being so bad.

I don't know, I'm just frustrated, because I know this team is better than Carolina, Buffalo, and Montreal.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Gotta hope the Candycanes blows it. (Hockey) God help us.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
everyone knows how important Henrik is to this team, but some of us have the ability to acknowledge when he actually has bad games.

He's a very good goalie, but he has shown over and over again, that he can implode. Perfect example tonight. 2g in 15s! i don't know of any goalie i've ever seen that gives up goals as quickly and as close together as he has.

He hasn't proven he is a big game goalie, and doesn't warrant his salary. he's paid like SC champ, when he's never gotten his team out of the round 2 of the playoffs.

Saying we'd finish 14th without him really doesn't mean anything other than how screwed this team is in other areas.
Shots on goal is a fairly meaningless statistic in my eye. I wish they gave you quality chances as a stat instead. I bet Henriks SV% against quality chances is much higher than the average goalie.

I dont think any of those goals he gave up tonight were soft.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

lol
Hands down the best post of the night

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

Was that second goal from a fluky shot or did the Thrashers catch the team off-guard and almost skate that one in?

He's the reason we went 7 games against the Capitals. Not the offense, him, and he was the only one who showed for game 7 too.

No, him and his 6 million are the albatross of the team. Newsflash, he is the team!

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I tell you I want Bob Hartley instead of Tort. He is a better coach. Tort is a one trick pony. And it isn't even a great trick.
So a team is only as good as their coach, unless;

a. their name is john tortorella
b. they coached pre-lockout
c. bob hartley has a cup
d. they're a 1 trick pony

?

What else are we adding to this list of pubescent-awesomess? Seriously, I don't think you, or I know where you're trying to take this discussion.

Torts has had a decimated team, and a bunch of kids. Some of you guys haven't been watching hockey long enough to realize how ****ing difficult it is to not only develop your prospects, but maintain a competitive team.

You're capable of acknowledging this team has numerous deficiency's, yet you expect miracles.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

lol
Hey it's empty I don't get it

But I think I can clarify this, I have Marian Gaborik's goal incentive:

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
lol @ Lundqvist bashing.

Absolutely incredible.Without him, we're basically the Thrashers.
Well it's a fans right to target what's been pathetic all year. Wait...hmm. Maybe it's just whining b/c we lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I am a fan. It's my right as a fan to point out when the team is pathetic beyond words, which was tonight, and most nights for that matter. If I wasn't a fan I would've ditched this disgrace a long time ago and started following a professional franchise. Why do you think I'm still here suffering after nearly two decades? A) Because the Rangers are an insult to God, their families, and the sport of hockey, and B) because I'm a fan.
According to you. Luckily you're wrong. I enjoyed this season. I had no expectations for this team which they exceeded big time. Either you unfortunately had expectations (can't imagine what they were) or you are one of those fans whose sole purpose is to see your team win a championship and get no enjoyment otherwise. I'm sorry but the second option is not being a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
Why is it every time we win everybody praises the team and talks about how good we are but when we lose "fans" start turning on the team? Stay with the team bud! Be a fan!!!! (you could always turn to the islanders)
Screw em makes possible for us to get some enjoyment outta losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
I can't wait to see how much patience you have when you are my age and you still haven't come close to seeing this team win a cup.
Your age??? You were alive in 94 so what are you talking about??? If your like me and you were too young to really care about 94 then neither of us have seen our team win a championship but it's not exactly time for "When you're my age". Not to mention I'm a god d* jets fan too.

Quote:
This post is awesome.

God I hate this team.
Enjoy Anaheim. They are a good team. They are better than us but watch your back b/c the Rangers are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
lololol @ all these newbs thinking their real fans because the don't complain about there team. Part of being a fan is realizing when changes need to be made.
LOL at all these "Fans" who think we aren't pissed just b/c we don't cry like babies every single time something goes wrong 82 games a year. They choke and you gotta let out a big ******* fire X Y and Z a few times then yea that's fandom but 82 damn games a year and the days in between and certain people constantly complain? Biiiiiig diff b/t warranted complaining and just being whatever it is most of these message boarders are...entertaining kvetchers I guess would be the word?

Quote:
I've seen this team come out looking completely unprepared far too many times the last two seasons. Not just rookies, but our veteran players. The team looks completely lost far too frequently.

When we make good in-game adjustments or come out and dominate, I'm happy to credit Torts. When the opposite occurs, I'm gonna drill him. Overall, I don't think he has coaxed a consistent enough effort from this team. And yes, that is taking into account our youth and injuries.
I think it's very much a fact our vets have been an absolute joke that is when they could actually get on the damn ice(Not exactly their fault). If we relied on them without the young guys we'd have had one of the most pathetic seasons in history. I decided to live and die with the future of the team and I'm sorry but you're blind if you thin k that making the PO is the deciding factor on whether or not the future dissappointed. I'm so amped for the next few years after seeing so many young guys and below 22 year olds take an NHL franchise by the horns and push it basically to the PO with minimal vet help and zero superstar help (at forward).
Quote:
Knee-jerk? Are you kidding me Inferno? I've maintained my position regarding Torts and the job he has done since the middle of last season. I mean, really? Do you know who I am?
The quote inferno called you on you said this team is consistently inconsistentwhen they've consistently been busting their a** and had a dozen come from behind and gritty amazing wins all season. There is low talent and they overachieved consistently. Saying they've been inconsistent is so wrong it's likely knee jerk. And what the hell is "Do you know who I am?" You're an anonymous guy on a message board as are we all and you're pissed as are we all b/c our team isn't top of the league yet and almost never is. We're all the same person. pissed off fan. Only some of us have different coping mechanisms.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

lol
Not nearly as good as my Rangers 2011 Stanley Cup playoff push video:

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote