HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Sign another lazy Russian? I'll pass. The dude was invisible the first half of this season and his 50 goal days are over. Also to kill the misconception of Monster second half Kovy, over a full year it would amount to like 35 goals and 70 points. I'd take 2 more Callahans over that.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
Anyone blaming girardi is pathetic, it's simply amazing the guy is playing at this point. Same think with Hank , with 26 straight starts he's just been brilliant. I take offense at that. Everyone else including gabby and torts should be blamed

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm not sure. Don't know who was available, don't know who will be available. I'll have to think about it. I'm just evaluating the product in front of me.
The real issue here isn't Torts though. You know this. You can evalute the product all you want, it's just a waste of time in the end. Replacing Torts won't change the gears in motion Sather has planned here.

We've seen how many coaches over the years here? Compare the overall effort and style this Torts team plays, and it's a day/night difference from the past.

Complaining about Torts, and assuming he's average or below average is just an excuse, imo. And again, I don't really even like the guy. I think you guys dislike him more than you care to admit.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:10 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And Laviolette coached a stacked Philly team.....to the 7th seed of the playoffs last year.

Listen, I can understand if you dislike Torts. But the team has been playing incredible hockey and nobody praises Torts for that. We lay a few turds that ****ing ruin the season and the same bunch of people always come out and bash Torts.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to those guys, some of them are the most knowledgeable on this board, but I really can't find it in me to blame Torts for "not waking the team up" or "not coaching them right" when we missed 4 blatantly wide open nets tonight, and our ****ing captain limped out onto the ice with crutches next to Steven ****ing McDonald and they couldn't wake up.
Most of us bashing Torts have been bashing him for two years now. It's not like we're only vocal when the team sucks.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
Sign another lazy Russian? I'll pass. The dude was invisible the first half of this season and his 50 goal days are over.
I agree. It's not goal-scoring in general I want, it's scoring in big spots. Kovalchuk is a playoff-missing machine. Hardly the "big guy in big spots" the Rangers need.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Most of us bashing Torts have been bashing him for two years now. It's not like we're only vocal when the team sucks.
Amen. I never wanted him.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:11 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

If we miss the playoffs I'm setting up a Rally to get Sather the **** out of here. Enough is enough. This time it's going to be persistent and we wont stop a single day til that incompetent ****** bag is out of here.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
The real issue here isn't Torts though. You know this. You can evalute the product all you want, it's just a waste of time in the end. Replacing Torts won't change the gears in motion Sather has planned here.

We've seen how many coaches over the years here? Compare the overall effort and style this Torts team plays, and it's a day/night difference from the past.

Complaining about Torts, and assuming he's average or below average is just an excuse, imo. And again, I don't really even like the guy. I think you guys dislike him more than you care to admit.
I've acknowledged time and time again that Slats is the root of the problem. But he's going nowhere. That being the case, we're going to need to overachieve as a team to cover for his idiocy. I don't believe that we have overachieved with Torts, or that we will be overachieving with him any time soon.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And Laviolette coached a stacked Philly team.....to the 7th seed of the playoffs last year.
Laviolette took over half way through the season, got them to the playoffs after John Stevens' start and coached them all the way to the cup finals...

I'm not bashing Torts here, only saying at the time I thought Lavs was a better candidate for the job.

I'm not on board for firing Torts, too many coaching changes for the young team we have. Let them figure it out together and if next year looks like it's failing you can axe him then.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

One thing that has been completely overlooked in tonight's bash the team session is that these guys might just be totally gassed physically and mentally.

They might have absolutely nothing left to give.

As some of the rational posters have stated, they've played .700 hockey down the stretch, and lost ground to almost everybody. That has to wear on a team mentally.

Have the Hurricanes ever been in a position where they lost points when they weren't playing and didn't have a game or two to make it up? Seems like every Ranger win was countered in the game in hand either by Carolina or Buffalo and for a while, New Jersey.

I think everything from the style of play, the games in hand issue that they were fighting all year, the injuries, and the bad luck all together finally beat these guys.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
His pace with Lemaire is far from an "absolute monster". He's been on roughly a 32 goal, 71 point pace. Well below his career averages.
considering that system...thats absolutely monstrous in my book.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You point is pretty much useless considering that Detroit is so far ahead of us in the standings their dust is settling before we can eat it.
uh, no it's really not. Rangers had ridiculous bounces during that stretch....you take 4 of those games and turn them to wins, that gives us 8 more points...8 more points brings us to 100 points, roughly what Detroit is at right now.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Wait.

So he completely flounders in an alleged offensive system, and produces admirably in a defensive system, yet his numbers are "monstrous" because he plays in a defensive system?

Am I the only one who sees something flawed in this argument?

But I will say that Kovalchuk would have better numbers if the Devils had any defenseman who could make a forward pass. Unfortunately for Ilya, they do not have anything resembling a puck mover.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Yea..good luck w/that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
If we miss the playoffs I'm setting up a Rally to get Sather the **** out of here. Enough is enough. This time it's going to be persistent and we wont stop a single day til that incompetent ****** bag is out of here.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
The only way the fans can get Sather out is to stop going. Dolan doesn't care what we think, he'll only care if we hit him in the wallet.

Old
3Four3

Quote:
Both Parise and Gomez either hit that mark or went higher, and Kovalchuck was supposed to be the offensive catalyst.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
uh, no it's really not. Rangers had ridiculous bounces during that stretch....you take 4 of those games and turn them to wins, that gives us 8 more points...8 more points brings us to 100 points, roughly what Detroit is at right now.
Yeah if you do the same for Detroit that gives them 110.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:16 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Yea..good luck w/that.
The same was said to the people of Egypt.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:17 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
He would either:

A. Break his wrist in the airport, ruining his shot.

B. Somehow get terrible once he stepped on the garden ice.

C. Or my personal favorite, die. That's just how the Rangers roll.
Wow. How did no one comment on this...

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:17 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
The same was said to the people of Egypt.
And my quest to go all night being pissed off and moody like an 8 yr old kid whose parents won't get them a happy meal has been ultimately ended.

**** you HP

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:18 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
So what, it still gives the Rangers 100 points and they're just out of winning the Atlantic.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStickHomicide View Post
No need to. That pretty much summed it up nicely.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStickHomicide View Post
I think it was just a given.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
So what, it still gives the Rangers 100 points and they're just out of winning the Atlantic.
So what? We lost those games. Time to come back form fantasy land. This is planet Earth, where we suck and Detroit doesn't.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Wait.

So he completely flounders in an alleged offensive system, and produces admirably in a defensive system, yet his numbers are "monstrous" because he plays in a defensive system?

Am I the only one who sees something flawed in this argument?

But I will say that Kovalchuk would have better numbers if the Devils had any defenseman who could make a forward pass. Unfortunately for Ilya, they do not have anything resembling a puck mover.
Macleans system was a total clusterf***...nothing worked, they sucked. whatever the system was, it didnt work, for ANYONE. they couldnt score goals, and they couldnt keep em out of their own net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Both Parise and Gomez either hit that mark or went higher, and Kovalchuck was supposed to be the offensive catalyst.
Parise is a heal of a player, youre not goign to hear me argue against him. hes elite. period. Gomez had a SERIOUS outlier of a season. Look at Brian Boyles numbers this season, its a HUGE outlier and I would expect them to drop down considerably next season to a more predictable rate. Those Devils teams where they were winning had awesome defenseman like Neidermeyer, Rafalski and Stevens...as they have gone, so have their ability to transition the puck like they used to. Man...imagine having a team with those 3 guys anchoring your D....hoooollly crap.

Quote:
The argumetn here is that the Rangers had a really bad stretch of games where they werent getting the bounces, show me the same stretch Detroit had and ill give you this argument...frankly i cant remember a team being so damn unlucky with bounces as this team ahs been.