HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 10:34 PM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

vCash: 500
Dominic Moore

I really like this kid. He had an OK season at hartford. He will probably play with 2 other rookies if he makes the team. any thoughts on this guy?

Old
08-04-2005, 10:36 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Had a great 1st half of the season last year...2nd half was ok...by playoff time he was invisible. He'll definitely be on the Rangers roster though imo.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Onion Boy

I love him. Best player in Hartford this year. Slick center with probably the best hockey sense of all our pro prospects. Excellent Pker as well. Will definitely stick with the big club next year.

Old
08-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think he could be a very nice offensive surprise for this franchise. I always looked at him as the guy who replace Yorkie longterm. Out of the guys from the Pack last season he was one who really stood out to me.

Old
08-05-2005, 01:22 AM
eco's bones

I think he's underrated. He's an all purpose player and does everything well. Good skater. Good defensive awareness for a forward. I've expected a bit more of offense but I guess you can't have everything.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:42 AM
dumpsathernow*

OMG..... Moore wasn't close to the best player at Hartford last year and he's soft. Giroux was clearly the best forward on that team followed by Lundmark who unlke Moore didn't drop dead when it counted the most. Lundmark had a great second half. Then Hamilton . Then Wiseman when he was healthy who is a better player and prospect then Moore. Balej is also better but I just think he got tired of the coach

I don't think Moore is much of a prospect. I was hoping he would get traded in a package deal. I see no future for him with this team.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:17 AM
oldtimer

I like Moore...here's why:

I was at a few of the games he played with the Rangers last year, and I was favorably impressed. I was disappointed, however, at the poor production he had at Hartford. What impressed me about Moore was the HOCKEY SENSE he showed on the ice. He instinctively knew where to go, where to be, and he was defensively responsible. He was "smart" on the ice. I was actually surprised to see such savvy in a young kid. You can't teach that. So why didn't he produce more in the AHL? I theorize that's because the cast around him were not major leaguers for the most part. Some players need to play with other smart players. He may just be better at the major level than the minor one.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer
I was disappointed, however, at the poor production he had at Hartford.
No one excelled offensively under McGill's game strategy though. Moore led all forwards in assists and finished 3rd on the team in scoring while playing an airtight defensive game. In the context of guys like Hamilton, Lundmark and Balej, he was one of the few players to actually meet or exceed his offensive expectations in my opinion.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Fletch

I liked Moore a lot...

perhaps the Rangers can learn something from his season - he wears down, and thus will likely be a third line player. I liked him because he's a smart player, with decent skills, good speed and plays hard. I think he has a chance to center a third line, and kill penalties although I don't know if this team will employ a 'checking' line, as there really isn't a checking center (unless Betts is counted, although he doesn't seem reliable).

Old
08-05-2005, 01:31 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
perhaps the Rangers can learn something from his season - he wears down, and thus will likely be a third line player. I liked him because he's a smart player, with decent skills, good speed and plays hard. I think he has a chance to center a third line, and kill penalties although I don't know if this team will employ a 'checking' line, as there really isn't a checking center (unless Betts is counted, although he doesn't seem reliable).
I agree with this. Moore's problem is much like Lundmark's. It's a size and strength issue. Lundmark regained his feistiness in the 2nd half. I'm not sure that's in Moore's nature. He is a smart player. A comparable would be Larmer. He's just got to adapt his game somehow. I think anyone who thinks he's going to score a lot though is going to be disappointed.

Old
08-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Prior to moving to Nashville last year, I was a season ticket holder for the Wolf*Pack since they moved from Binghamton.

IMO, Moore is a great prospect, but doesn't live up to all of his potential on a nightly basis, as evidenced by his disappearing acts for long stretches. Personally, I thought that he played a lot more tentatively after his brother Steve (COL) was injured in the Bertuzzi incident. Remember this came after his second brother Mark (WSH) retired due to post-concussion syndrome.

I truly hope Dominic makes it though because I believe that he is a good player who can accel in a more opened up NHL. One thing to watch for is that I can't think of many other players (at both the NHL and AHL levels) that I would rather have on the ice for a 4 on 4 or even shorthanded situations. Dominic is very dangerous offensively with more open ice and is very good at reading the play and picking off passes to spring himself or a linemate on a breakaway. Also, Moore was very good at taking faceoffs in all zones until McGill lost confidence in him and stopped putting him out there in crucial situations.

Personally, I would love to see Dominic given a shot to make the team out of training camp.

Old
08-05-2005, 04:40 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
. Out of the guys from the Pack last season he was one who really stood out to me.
And Giroux didnt???? Giroux for his first full AHL season with Hrtfd looked better than MOoore,Giroux is tough got a good d-game and a very solid Offensive game,as for MOOre 4th liner/carreer AHL'er. He just seems to me not be a fiut anywhere . Not a 2nd liner, but not a 3rd liner, but maybe a 4th, maybe he is a Mike York as some one said, but a poor mans Mike York, he dont have the offensive side or the ethic york had. Thats IMO atleast.

Old
08-05-2005, 04:57 PM
eco's bones

Both Moore and Giroux max out as 3rd liners. They are different players. Between the two though Moore has Giroux easily beat for defensive awareness. Moore was usually out first on pk. I don't recall Giroux doing that at all. Giroux has better size and knocked in 30 goals which is pretty good on a team that didn't score much. Moore does more playmaking. Both look like they could use another 15 pounds.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Onion Boy

Moore is probably one of the smartest prospects we have in the system. You really have to watch him closely (and live if possible) to realize how good he is.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:48 PM
GlueleG

My father used to have season tickets to the Aurora Tigers in the Ontario Junior A league, when Dominic Moore played for them. He was really incredible to watch ... his puck control was what I really liked about him. He is a very smart player ... unfortunatley, I havent seen him play since that time.

Good luck Dom! I hope this is your year!

Old
08-06-2005, 01:12 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Moore is probably one of the smartest prospects we have in the system. You really have to watch him closely (and live if possible) to realize how good he is.
I agree. Moore is a lot about the little things that go unnoticed.

Closed Thread