HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Thank you for the kind words.

I really do plan on responding to this. Not right now though, I've had enough.

I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette and go to bed...
Aren't you in the west coast??

You go to bed at freaking, 8:30??

The ****???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Alright guys, well we still have a slight chance to make it.

If CAR loses tomorrow I think we will find a way to get one point at least against NJ.

However, I think if CAR wins, even though we aren't officially eliminated I think it's over.

So we are Thrashers fan hard tomorrow, make it to the playoffs and then I think we play our best hockey against the good teams in the league. There are no scrubs in the playoffs (except the Rangers ) and we play well against good teams so it would bode well for us to some degree.
I don't think Carolina's guaranteed to win against Atl, and Tampy. Lighting are going to want to win their final game of the season. They're going to want to head into the playoffs coming off a win.

Don't forget about Buffalo, either.

This team has more than hope.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:39 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Where are you guys watching the Hurricanes game tomorrow?
VERY close to a big bottle of alcohol.

04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Really, to me the Rangers 2 biggest problems are fairly easy to see.

1)Luck
2)#10 & #23

You can't have 17 million dollars produce 22 goals and 29 assists. You just CANT have that kind of production from your 2 highest paid players.

Not sure what else Torts could do to get something more out of captain cardboard, i mean he was given the chance to play with Frolov and Gabby, it failed, and he just didnt generate any kind of offensive chances while he played. Gabby on the other hand, has been a mystery. His first step has just disappeared...his acceleration and top end speed has diminished considerably making me think hes playing with an injury. His shot also looks nowhere near as lethal as it has in years past, especially since the shoulder separation. He's not making excuses, but id be shocked if he wasnt playing with multiple injuries. Not that that is an excuse mind you, everyone plays hurt, but its just me wondering. I dont know what else Torts can do, hes benched him, he's semi-called him out, hes praised him, hes had his back, hes moved him all around the lineup, he gives him stead PP time...frankly as an outsider i can't figure out what else can be done from the coaches standpoint to get Gabby going.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

The ****???

I don't think Carolina's guaranteed to win against Atl, and Tampy. Lighting are going to want to win their final game of the season. They're going to want to head into the playoffs coming off a win.

Don't forget about Buffalo, either.

This team has more than hope.
I'm pretty sure nyr2k2 is back on the east coast. And I agree completely with Atlanta and Tampa. Also, they are all in the same division, so isn't there some sort of dislike between those teams? Wouldn't they want to end Carolina's playoff hopes?

04-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Holmstrom is by far the best player to have in front of the net. By far. He's a master at it. Him and Ryan Smyth. No one even comes close.
no arguments there. Rangers need a few things on the PP.

1) someone to quarterback it. the QB doesnt necessarily have to be the shooter...thats where Richards comes in. They also need a shooter from the point, they need net presence, and the need 2 guys who are good along the boards with good soft hands.

the PP QB for next season could be Richards...if McCabe could come back cheap, he could be your shooter, or Valentenko if he makes the team. Net Presence...I have no idea...Boyle Maybe? but he doesnt seem to be a great tipper. the 2 guys outside would have to be Gabby and Prospal, except I really want to walk away from Prospal and give his spot to a kid. Next year will be VERY interesting.

Quote:
Can you slip something in Ward's drink before the game? Please?
shhh, i dont want a paper trail!

Old
04-07-2011, 10:43 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm pretty sure nyr2k2 is back on the east coast. And I agree completely with Atlanta and Tampa. Also, they are all in the same division, so isn't there some sort of dislike between those teams? Wouldn't they want to end Carolina's playoff hopes?
I've bee thinking of this too. Atlanta wants to be the team within that region then Carolina is someone they need to beat.

The sad ****ing part is tonights game was their for the taking. But our team didn't show up. It's that simple.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
I think Atlanta's in a state of mind where they can play well, without pressure. You saw what pressure did to us tonight. Especially early on when we were dominating and couldn't get one in. Canes could have the exact same problem tomorrow. My only concern is, they are a team that is experienced handling that type of pressure.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:44 PM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
Just as much as the Devils would want to end ours. Carolina wins 1 game and loses 1 game hopefully. If we have a chance to advance Saturday then I expect the Rangers to play like never before. If they don't do that, it's just a disgrace .

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

The ****???
Watching the Rangers can **** you up badly. You should know that. C'mon.

lol

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:48 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
no arguments there. Rangers need a few things on the PP.

1) someone to quarterback it. the QB doesnt necessarily have to be the shooter...thats where Richards comes in. They also need a shooter from the point, they need net presence, and the need 2 guys who are good along the boards with good soft hands.

the PP QB for next season could be Richards...if McCabe could come back cheap, he could be your shooter, or Valentenko if he makes the team. Net Presence...I have no idea...Boyle Maybe? but he doesnt seem to be a great tipper. the 2 guys outside would have to be Gabby and Prospal, except I really want to walk away from Prospal and give his spot to a kid. Next year will be VERY interesting.

shhh, i dont want a paper trail!
Boy, certainly makes you miss Jagr's presence on the PP for us. Can you imagine him and McCabe on the same PP. Not only do you have to be honest w/ Mccabe who can rip it, but you have another huge weapon along the boards too. One or the other would constantly have room to pull the trigger or make a play.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Boy, certainly makes you miss Jagr's presence on the PP for us. Can you imagine him and McCabe on the same PP. Not only do you have to be honest w/ Mccabe who can rip it, but you have another huge weapon along the boards too. One or the other would constantly have room to pull the trigger or make a play.
Losing Jagr sssuuuccckkkeeedd...

but i sorta blame him for leaving..he shoulda hit the automatic bonus number that year, and missed it by a few points...damn him!

Old
04-07-2011, 11:00 PM
bmw2004

Thank God I am drunk tonight, otherwise this lose would be very painful and upsetting. Especially, after you keep hearing the words like this: "Rangers don't control their destiny anymore". They have to depend on some other teams to lose games

bmw2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Thank God I am drunk tonight, otherwise this lose would be very painful and upsetting. Especially, after you keep hearing the words like this: "Rangers don't control their destiny anymore". They have to depend on some other teams to lose games
Maybe I should drink....

Old
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
darko

Well I'm glad I had to work.

Thrash better beat Canes tommorow. Somehow I dont think that's going to happen.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:24 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Game sucked, I'm 1-3 on the season. On the bright side, I moved from the 400's to section 60 where then I was then a row behind a celebrity sandwich (Liam Neeson and Ronny Turiaf)

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
Game sucked, I'm 1-3 on the season. On the bright side, I moved from the 400's to section 60 where then I was then a row behind a celebrity sandwich (Liam Neeson and Ronny Turiaf)
You know Tierry Henry was right next to Ronny Turiaf

Old
04-08-2011, 12:01 AM
lbrowne

We'll see Drury on Saturday come hell or high water.

Please let the planets align and we win against the Devils and it gets us in. It's my bday this Sunday and it would be a GREAT bday present.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I would love canes lose and drury comes back and nets a game winner against the debs

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:07 AM
PhlipDowt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Only thing is instead of a bunch of people pushing there should only be two, one in goalie pads and the other in crutches, while 18 other guys sit in the van holding 100 pound weights.
i cant stop laughing this image in my head, i guess it's time to call it a night.

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:07 AM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
You know Tierry Henry was right next to Ronny Turiaf
Did not know that, his hood was on the whole time.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

We still can force the Canes to have to win out to get in, but we have to get a point on Saturday before they play their game. Who knows, they could lose to the same team that beat us tonight?

I just want to see this team get in. They might have laid an egg tonight, but for 80 games this season this team has worked their ass off. They fought their way to this point. It comes down to one game this time, except, even if we lose, we can back in. The pressure is still on, but this team will come out inspired on Saturday, knowing that they don't want to see what happened last year happen again.

They only need 1 point on Saturday. I don't think the Canes are going to win out. We've seen so much bad luck happen to this team, can we get a little good luck? Nothing besides what the team has done for themselves has gone their way. Something good has to happen to this team. It's time for something right to happen to us. I hope it just happens tomorrow night, instead of making us have to watch the Canes play Saturday night and choke it away.

This team is still 2 points up on Carolina. They have to win. The pressure is still on them to perform.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:28 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Well...that game was a bummer.

I don't know, they may be shot after the Cally injury. I am

I missed the game tonight because of work and I'm going to miss the game Saturday because of class. My DVR record is now 1-2 so I'm hoping to at least go .500

I don't know, this season has been a draining emotional roller coaster ride; what's another 48 hours?

If there's justice in this world, they get in on Saturday.

If not, well, I don't know, it's hard being a Rangers fan. Nothing comes easy. Ever. I'm not the most positive guy in the world but maybe this team continues to improve next year; get some more kids up like Hagelin, V-Tank, Krieder, etc. and I still say to find a way to add Richards AND Erhoff which will totally transform the PP.
And maybe Roman Horak becomes Darren Turcotte 2.0 as a checking center. Who knows.

Regardless, we still have Hagelin playing for an NCAA title, Thomas in the OHL playoffs, and if we're lucky, we can go see McD, Zuc, McLIrath, and maybe even Yogan/Werek/Horak help to Whalepack.

As far as next year goes (not to get TOO into it now); keep most of this team intact but guys like Christensen and Wolski who are too inconstant need to go.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:40 AM
mrhockey193195

I don't know if I'll be able to handle a loss to the Devils.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:52 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
My story from tonight isn't posted yet, I'll link to it in the morning. Includes the playoff possibilities, which I also tweeted at www.Twitter.com/RothmanHockey

Here's the post-game audio:

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

so dissapointed....

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote