HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

vCash: 500
OMG your PGT's are ****ing awesome

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
At 2:46 am I'm finally over this game. I'm now in don't give a **** mode. Let them embarrass themselves Saturday

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:57 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I'm still not over this and I can't sleep.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Good teams make their own breaks. You're making too many excuses. This is two years in a row now.
Remember when I told you the first week of January that the Devs game was gonna decide our fate? Though, I expected the Devs to beat us out for that last spot. Either way I'm not happy at all to be right about this circus of a team, painfully predictable.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I'm not sure what makes me more mad.....

The fact we just screwed our own playoff chances or that we gave the Devils a playoff game in two days in our building.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 04:32 AM
eco's bones

No forecheck last night. Losing Callahan really seemed to hurt. Stepan, Wolski, Prospal was not nearly as good a line as against Boston. Hopefully Atlanta plays as good against Carolina as they did against us.

It's never been easy to be a Rangers fan and sometimes it's best to keep your expectations low. Last night's game was of the kind that they tend to blow--a supposedly weak team and taking two points for granted. I have to say--when Steven McDonald came out with his 'we win, you lose' line I cringed. I saw it as a direct challenge to the Atlanta team and I was wondering what a goalie like Pavelec (who is a good goalie) might think.

No disrespect but if I had to pick a goat of the game it would be McDonald.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:21 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
All I ask is Atlanta holds Carolina to a point tomorrow. If the Rangers can't win Saturday, than they don't deserve to be there. Shame it had to come to this but it is what it is.
I have a feeling that The Rangers are gonna shutout the devils and score 3 goals. And all the other results heading Rangers way.

And to other posters here: I can understand your disappointment of Gabby, but to blame Hank if they don't reach PO....well I`m out of words on this one.

Good luck in the PO Rangers.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:27 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Guess why he fell into our laps? Because he was going to ****ing die 2 years later. You don't make that up.
What was the name of this Russian super talent again?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers don't deserve to make the playoffs. Buffalo and Carolina have played better than the Rangers who lost to the Senators,Islanders and Thrashers to end the season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers will win on Saturday but Carolina will beat Atlanta 5-1 tonight and then beat TB on Saturday. Skinner will have a hat trick in one of those games. The same Jeff Skinner some Rangers fans were happy wasn't available at the 10th pick in the 10 draft.

Time to get my 2011-12 excel spreadsheet in order. Next season will come sometime tomorrow.

Old
04-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
POTG: My Ass??
The Good: Cally presenting the Extra Effort Award (Even though he should have won it)
The Bad: The drunk guy sitting next to me at the game
The Redden: Our team played worse than Redden

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

"- That we are not more careful in this kind of game ... I do not know if this is immaturity or whatever. But it is up to everyone to be prepared, "he says with a rusty steel in his voice" Henrik in Bjurmans blog

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:17 AM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
What was the name of this Russian super talent again?
Alexei Cherepanov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Cherepanov

It was a sad day when he passed away...

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

CRAPTASTIC

That's really all I can say. Top to bottom. Truly ******.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:22 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers don't deserve to make the playoffs. Buffalo and Carolina have played better than the Rangers who lost to the Senators,Islanders and Thrashers to end the season.
Exactly! It's the game of the season and the Rangers get shutout 3-0 at home against the Thrashers! Don't anybody tell me they'd be more deserving than Carolina who are playing lights out when it matters. This wasn't any bad breaks or anything. Pathetic is the only word to describe this performance.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Dorado*

I particularly enjoy the posters who say that Carolina is winning on luck . Yeah lucky , with a Conn Smythe winner in net , Eric Staal , Erik Cole up front . Drafted Skinner and be puts up 30 goals and almost 60 PTA as an 18 year old rookie . They have less defensive d men but D Men who can generate offense . Yeah luck . What a joke this franchise has and always will be . And yet people preach patience one cup and one Finals appearance since 79 , the time for patience is well past . This is the same group of pampered turds albeit a slightly more likable harder working group who with all their hard work failed to show up when it counted most , the last 6 games of the season .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Chimp

The Good: Hank and Prust.

The Bad: Boyle (wtf?), Avery and to some extent Anisimov stood out with really bad games.

The Redden: Girardi, Dubinsky and Gaborik. Each and one of them stood out in an especially pathetic performance. Girardi looked like it was a miracle he didn't put his helmet on backwards, Dubinsky looked like Chris Drury at his worst and Gaborik finally scored a goal. In his own frigging net, after a pathetic back check. Gabby must be injured, because I can't see how he can be such a lousy player this season if that's not the case.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-08-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Exactly! It's the game of the season and the Rangers get shutout 3-0 at home against the Thrashers! Don't anybody tell me they'd be more deserving than Carolina who are playing lights out when it matters. This wasn't any bad breaks or anything. Pathetic is the only word to describe this performance.
Carolina beat the Islanders twice after trailing. Carolina beat Ottawa at home after trailing 2-0 in the first period. Two nights later,the Rangers managed 1 point against Ottawa. Carolina won games on their schedule which looked tough. Beat the Caps on the road. Varlamov gave up the most goal to Skinner. Beat the Wings at home. Ward faced some tough shots but Carolina rolled over Detroit.

The Rangers have had some huge wins. At Pittsburgh,Boston and Philly. The Bruins game on Monday. However,they lost to the Islanders,Atlanta and Ottawa. They didn't score a goal against Buffalo's back up goalie.

They find themselves in this situation because of their own doing.

7 point lead on Carolina 2 weeks ago. The Rangers beat Boston and TB beat Carolina on that Saturday.

Old
04-08-2011, 07:49 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Carolina beat the Islanders twice after trailing. Carolina beat Ottawa at home after trailing 2-0 in the first period. Two nights later,the Rangers managed 1 point against Ottawa. Carolina won games on their schedule which looked tough. Beat the Caps on the road. Varlamov gave up the most goal to Skinner. Beat the Wings at home. Ward faced some tough shots but Carolina rolled over Detroit.

The Rangers have had some huge wins. At Pittsburgh,Boston and Philly. The Bruins game on Monday. However,they lost to the Islanders,Atlanta and Ottawa. They didn't score a goal against Buffalo's back up goalie.

They find themselves in this situation because of their own doing.

7 point lead on Carolina 2 weeks ago. The Rangers beat Boston and TB beat Carolina on that Saturday.
If Carolina was more worthy of being in the playoffs they wouldn't be OUT of the playoffs or trailing us for a spot.

Fact of the matter is we ****ed up but that doesn't mean Carolina and their 11 loser points is deserving more than we are.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:51 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Your constant trolling on these forums need to stop. Hockey and the Rangers may be secondary to you, but I pretty much live and breathe this stuff. If you have a problem with that you're more than welcome to go watch the Yankees

I have every right to ***** and moan. Every single fan has the right to ***** and moan. Anyone who is ok with missing the playoffs for 2 ****ing seasons in a row...in the same fashion... needs their ****ing head checked.
Dude whatever half the forum is trolling the other half it's a devastating loss thread. We have a right to defend the team and try to stay calm and you have a right to blow up and overexaggerate if it makes you feel better. And there are people in between and on both extremes who make some good points and some overblown points. You've got about 4 guys posting unicorns and rainbows mocking the hope and faith others have in the team including a mod who's suppossed to know better. Can't get much more of a d*** move than that but again we just had a devastating loss people's filters (what little they have) is gone.

Not to mention even when we're winning the same people whine and moan anyway so it's a little tiring for some. One guy has complained about McI since the pick was made to this day. I was infuriated LAST year. This is a new year and I took it as such with so many old guys still on the team I more wanted to see what the young guys being integrated would do and they haven't dissappointed. Our damn vets like gabs, Drury, EC, Avery, did jack. Prospal to an extent to thanks to injury...oh and who could forget frolov and boog. Cally and DUbs missed a bunch of games between. Please acting like we lost the same exact way as last year is bogus. We were cursed this year but you can't point the finger at being cursed and feel better. In fact everyone keeps pointing to pitt. They lost two superstar forwards (after getting more pts from Crosby in that time than i think we got from any1 in 82 games)...ok well we never had one and we lost our best scorers and our absolute best never bothered to show up. There's only a handful of games difference b/t us. Prob has something to do with all those extra games they had a superstar and we didn't even have our best.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Shadowtron

Not much more to say, as so much of what I wanted to bring to the table has already been uttered. Just going to have to suck up the loss to the Devils and choke down yet another Rangers embarrassment. That's about all you can do if you're a fan of this team. Just choke it down and hope for something better from a tomorrow that just never seems to come.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:56 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Atlanta plays another good game tonight at home and were right back in business, its not like we've been passed yet....

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If Carolina was more worthy of being in the playoffs they wouldn't be OUT of the playoffs or trailing us for a spot.

Fact of the matter is we ****ed up but that doesn't mean Carolina and their 11 loser points is deserving more than we are.
To be the devil's advocate, we also only have 34 clean/ OT wins. Just as many as Carolina and just as many as the Devils. Just as Carolina aren't deserving a playoff spot by their loser points, we aren't deserving the spot by our loser wins.

By this 8th spot battle we have with Carolina, it feels more like "may the least mediocre team win", more than "may the better team win". And boy do we feel mediocre.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

So how was Gilroy...?

9 minutes and -1 i see....

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:03 AM
fiedy88

I know it's been said before, but for this team to not show any signs of desperation and urgency last night, they don't deserve a shot at the cup. What happened to the same guys that stood up when it seemed like half the team was on IR? how do we beat Cup contending teams then **** the bed like this. This kind of up-down-up-down-up-down is a joke. I just don't get what's going through their heads, especially with Cally looking like he was going to cry last night with the award ceremony. That should have been like a shot of adrenaline for all of them. They are so frustrating, and it's not going to get any easier from here on in.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote