HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammy gets Habs a point late (OT loss in Ottawa)

Old
04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
more like kostitsyn gave us the point , any decent amateur player would have scored that goal

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:28 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
The first period it looked like a game of shinny out there. The Habs were toying with the Sens, but not really taking it hard to the net. They could have buried them early if they did a little more after the dippsy doodles and sweet passes, but didn't.

Hope the Habs play well on Saturday, cause a Leaf game is always hard, and the Leafs have played well for 2 months now and this game is their Stanley Cup.

Either way, Boston or Philly, both will be tough series. But, I still want Boston.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
more like kostitsyn gave us the point , any decent amateur player would have scored that goal
LOL. I knew you're dislike with him was just hate.

I hated MAB, but I'd give him credit when he did something good. LOL. Anyway

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Your hate is childish.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
This means no Washington to play against. It will be either Philly or Boston.
AFAIK, Philadelphia can still overtake Washington for 1st by winning their two games and Washington losing their last one in regulation.

Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Your hate is childish.
Reminds me of Earl to be honest.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:45 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
They just showed the AK pass again. He passed between the Sens legs it was a beauty.
Making Fillip Kuba look foolish is not a significant feat.

I can't express how unhomerish I'm being with this statement. Worst season by a Senators Defenseman in the longest time I can remember. He's been a consistent human highlight reel of this entire season, starting from the time he broke his leg on a rut on the ice in the very first skate in training camp.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:01 PM
habtastic

don't agree with the Pouliot hate, he's not as bad as people make him out to be.

Otherwise I thought we had a lot of good offensive chances and puck movement. It's funny how some people praise Wiz and the way I saw tonight he was pretty crap (although with him it's always pros and cons). AK continues to prove doubters wrong (I said the same thing I'm saying about Pouliot when the trade AK movements were going on) and WOW, Eller is just ridiculous. And just to top off the list of things people probably disagree with me about - still loving G luv.

Anderson was good, otherwise win. Then again, Auld played great too. Winning goal was annoying with Wiz's swan dive.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Hab-a-maniac

94 points and potential for 1 or 2 more. Not bad considering the injuries. And since 1994 it's our 2nd best total ever (our non-OT loss point total is 89 so a win and we've actually done better than 1995-96 and better than any season since 1994 (whose 96 points we can match with a win Saturday). Yeah we've been THAT average in recent times.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't see how any Hab fan can come away pleased with the way the team played. A 5-minute PP without a single shot on goal? The point was welcome. although I'd say undeserved, and I'm relieved there were no more injuries. Luckily, the Rangers lost in regulation time. The Sabres can pass the Habs and if the Habs continue to play so lackadaisically I woul;dn't be surprised if they end up playing the Flyers.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:26 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
don't agree with the Pouliot hate, he's not as bad as people make him out to be.

Otherwise I thought we had a lot of good offensive chances and puck movement. It's funny how some people praise Wiz and the way I saw tonight he was pretty crap (although with him it's always pros and cons). AK continues to prove doubters wrong (I said the same thing I'm saying about Pouliot when the trade AK movements were going on) and WOW, Eller is just ridiculous. And just to top off the list of things people probably disagree with me about - still loving G luv.

Anderson was good, otherwise win. Then again, Auld played great too. Winning goal was annoying with Wiz's swan dive.
Pouliot keeps on loosing the puck, doesn't score, creates turnovers, takes offensive useless mind bogging penalties, and I could go on for hours. He's not top 6, he's not bottom 6. At this point, I'd rather have a grinder than him. At least grinders win their puck battles and pass it to the defensemen so that we can get point shots.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Can't see them re-signing Pouliout next year, that money can be better served on an actual third liner, or a guy like Laich who can play both roles.
An NHL forward should not go 23 without a goal.

Pouliot is a high 1st round bust.

Face it.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Kostitsyn has been the best passer on the team i the last couple of games. Who would've guessed hahaha!
Not that surprising. AK has always been able to make sick passes but sometimes he just tries them when they have a poor chance to be successful.

He's been a beast recently and he needs to keep playing that way through the playoffs for this team to succeed.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:36 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Pouliot keeps on loosing the puck, doesn't score, creates turnovers, takes offensive useless mind bogging penalties, and I could go on for hours. He's not top 6, he's not bottom 6. At this point, I'd rather have a grinder than him. At least grinders win their puck battles and pass it to the defensemen so that we can get point shots.
Pouliot was playing great before Cammalleri's injury. After that he tried to do to much, it didn't work and his confidence kept falling.

FlyingKostitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:12 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
An NHL forward should not go 23 without a goal.

Pouliot is a high 1st round bust.

Face it.
Minnesota could've had Kopitar and Mikko Koivu as their top 2 centres.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Swe_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Kostitsyn has been the best passer on the team i the last couple of games. Who would've guessed hahaha!
He has been our best passer pretty much all season. So no surprise at all. The difference in the last couple of games is that people (Cammy) has actually converted his plays.

Swe_hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:39 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Their last home game?
That's what I figured.

I guess we got the point but this team needs to win on the road since we are not going to have home ice advantage in the playoffs.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:50 AM
couris

I cant believe we traded Latendresse for Plotte.

couris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:52 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
I cant believe we traded Latendresse for Plotte.
Latendresse sure had one hell of a season this year!

FlyingKostitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:57 AM
BLONG7

The boys played like the game didn't mean anything...the first time all season that maybe a game didn't mean anything, but yet, it still did have an impact on where we finish....

Move along, this I think will bode well for the TO game, I think we will win that one, and the key will be no injuries...they will play the Leafs with much more intensity, no doubt...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:03 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
There is one thing you can give Cammy credit for : being at the right place at the right time, and I'm not talking about luck. Cammalleri is not my favorite player, but he is dangerous near the net. He boosts his stats that way year after year. That said, his poor play in every other situations will be the same year after year too.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:18 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Latendresse sure had one hell of a season this year!
Not sure if serious.

couris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Second straight game I missed due to dates. Who schedules dates on Habs' games, seriously?

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:48 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

A little disappointed they lost but on the other hand it could serve as a wake up call. I was more nervous they'd blow them out 5 - 0 and the Habs wouldn't score again for three games.

My only real worry about last night was injury and Chris Neil. Some other dummy did his best to take out Pyatt. Glad Pyatt is okay - that could have been bad. Did Weber take another shift after he was hit? I honestly forget.

Toronto, as others already have mentioned, should be a good tuneup. I still wonder if JM is going to rest anyone. A little bit perplexed Hamrlik didn't get a rest. Leads the d-men / team in GP / TOI and has played a long string of games with only one night off. Of course if Sopel, Picard, Moen and Halpern, not to mention the others, are all injured I guess it's hard to rest the weary.

Super happy to see Gionta score. AK46 looks happy to be back with Pleks and Cammy. Nice to see the top lines score.

And Subban and that behind the back stuff is annoying. I haven't seen that work for him yet. And the dump in on the 4 on 4 in OT was equally annoying. Keep the stupid puck and organize the line change. Pouliot was disappointing - seemed really out of sorts. Eller continues to impress with his effort in both zones. Ryan White had kinda disappeared.

On to Toronto and sharpen the senses boys.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:49 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Second straight game I missed due to dates. Who schedules dates on Habs' games, seriously?
was he a gentleman?

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:56 AM
NBP81

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

A person who schedules it at a place where theres a TV nearby...

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote