HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
Atleast I had a good time in MSG, I was to drunk to notice what was going on, perfect game too get drunk to.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:14 AM
essen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
Atleast I had a good time in MSG, I was to drunk to notice what was going on, perfect game too get drunk to.
Hahaha yeah my roommate and I started drinking after the third goal.

This is a team that's given us a reason to have faith. Blowout wins against good teams like the Flyers and Capitals, 3-0 comeback against the Bruins, Henrik still being Henrik...

Carolina isn't a good team and they'll lose to either the Thrashers or the Lightning. I simply cannot imagine a scenario in which we don't make the postseason.

essen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:23 AM
JimmyStart*

I was just laughing about how pathetic the vets on this team were this year when i realized guys like Dru and Avery had people defending them all season too. And I thought it seemed crazy then there are people who think my defending some of our young guys is crazy. Then there are some who think defending slats is crazy (they are right) but there actually are people defending slats this year too. Moment of "wow" when i realized even the guys who ARE the problem have all been defended just as the guys who aren't the problem (Hank, Dubs, Cally) have been attacked.

If I had to nominate
Guy attacked most defended least and was most deserving of it: Gabs
Guy attacked most and defended a lot who deserved to be attacked: Drury
Guy attacked most who was defended a lot and didn't deserve being attacked: Torts. (HM Girardi)
The wtf are we attacking him for this year goes to: Hank.
The defending for no reason goes to: Gilroy (not much of this tho he did perform below avg which is better than horrible for awhile and I think some jumped the gun)

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:35 AM
pld459666

Biggest game of the season and we put up a farginf goose egg?

If that wasn't the biggest and best argument to go out and nail down a guy like Brad Richards, I don't know what will.

I'm actually thinking twice about going to tomorrows game.

But, I am going and I will be pulling for a win, however, it's all out of our hands right now and just like last year, we did this to ourselves.

To me, that says we are not good enough. And that plain sucks.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:45 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Sad to say but we just might not be mediocre enough to squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
94now

Forecheck-Schmorecheck... CAR, BUF and even ATL played better in net. This team rises and falls with Hank. He had a subpar outing. All 3 goals were stoppable. The 3rd one killed the Rangers entirely. I now it is not fair to hang everything on one hook, but we've got what we've got. As I said many times Torts system assumes super G in net. We had just an okay one last night. Torts is a good coach and Lundqvist is good goalie. Yet I want both fired.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Forecheck-Schmorecheck... CAR, BUF and even ATL played better in net. This team rises and falls with Hank. He had a subpar outing. All 3 goals were stoppable. The 3rd one killed the Rangers entirely. I now it is not fair to hang everything on one hook, but we've got what we've got. As I said many times Torts system assumes super G in net. We had just an okay one last night. Torts is a good coach and Lundqvist is good goalie. Yet I want both fired.
I sometimes wonder if you watch the games or just post the same messages taking turns trashing Lundqvist or Torts after every game.

You did notice that we managed to put up 0 goals right? And put on practically no pressure outside of the first 5 minutes and an odd shift here or there in the 3rd?

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Thank God for beers. About 15 of them.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Its not over. Yet.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:42 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
I sometimes wonder if you watch the games or just post the same messages taking turns trashing Lundqvist or Torts after every game.

You did notice that we managed to put up 0 goals right? And put on practically no pressure outside of the first 5 minutes and an odd shift here or there in the 3rd?
Offense is conceived and dies by goaltending. Sure, the talent upfront alleviates that big time. But mediocre offensive teams must have strong G that allows forwards not to rush back every time the puck is turned over and keep thier presence on other end. The teams we are competing with for that spot are just as bad upfront. They score when their Gs let them. All thing being equal we are out because of Ward, not because of Eric Staal.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:49 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Offense is conceived and dies by goaltending. Sure, the talent upfront alleviates that big time. But mediocre offensive teams must have strong G that allows forwards not to rush back every time the puck is turned over and keep thier presence on other end. The teams we are competing with for that spot are just as bad upfront. They score when their Gs let them. All thing being equal we are out because of Ward, not because of Eric Staal.
I forgot that good teams don't play defense. My mistake.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:52 AM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

I love how someone posted a "Rangers can win the cup" thread a few weeks ago. Yeah...ok...

We can't even beat a crap team at home with playoffs on the line?

We get shutout at home against crap team with playoffs on the line?

Nice work...

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:56 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I forgot that good teams don't play defense. My mistake.
1. We are not a good team. We are compilation of Torts Kind of Guys.
2. We do not score when we play defence, yet we should have done just that. Torts should correctly assess Hank after the first and stop run-n-gun a la NYI game.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Really hard for me to understand how this team can come out like that after beating Boston the other night.

Atlanta only rallied because they saw the rangers give up after the first 4 mins didn't produce a goal. Thrashers would have laid down and died if we got an early lead, as they will surely do tonight after the canes get an early lead. Book that.

I have no idea what to make of this team full of Charlie Sheens.

Winning! not

Well whatever. embarce the embarassment saturday. devils fans will get their chance to ridicule US after THEIR worst season in a long time.

Don't know where this is all going but Sather has got to go. It's enough already. Tried to stay positive as long as I could.

Maybe we have to give up on them before they will consistently play like men that care?

bah! I've got work to do.

04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
NYRangers77

Lol this is the complete opposite of the post game thread from monday... Quickly how everyone forgets after one bad loss. Forget this game and win the game vs Jersey no if, ands or buts.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I still don't understand how they didn't show up last night.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Twelve hours later, I'm still miffed. Tonight will be awesome I am sure.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Ok..so, I promise when I get paid next week, I will put up the twelve freaking dollars, become a sponsor, and put a link to my blog in the signature like Steve does..but until then, enjoy my anger and silliness. Plus I thought HockeyBasedNYC would like to know he was right. I did jinx myself, and the team, and I'm sorry!

http://thegr8blueblog.blogspot.com/2...st-nights.html

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
This is silly. And it is incorrect. The only possible error was the second goal, and Ladd came in with speed and found the 5 hole. Henrik was not the problem.

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:56 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
This is silly. And it is incorrect. The only possible error was the second goal, and Ladd came in with speed and found the 5 hole. Henrik was not the problem.
I am not saying he was a problem. All I am saying he wasn't a solution. Stop for stop Pavelec played better. We can only win when our G is no less than opposition's.
On many teams Hanks performance would produce the win. We are worse than those teams.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I am not saying he was a problem. All I am saying he wasn't a solution. Stop for stop Pavelec played better. We can only win when our G is no less than opposition's.
Really, I thought Hank was far and away impressive last night. Pavelec didn't have to do anything.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:05 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Really, I thought Hank was far and away impressive last night. Pavelec didn't have to do anything.
Impressive and effective ain't the same. Pavelec stopped more shots. Anisimov, Boyle, Feds attempts were not any easier that those that Hank allowed. I understand "not a chance" situations. None of the 3 goals we such. He had his chances on each and every.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Our goaltending didn't allow anything until about halfway through the game. Where was our offense until then?

Why are you pinning a give-away at the blue line by Avery, a poor defensive choice by Girardi, and pure lazieness by Gaborik on the goalie? All those goals were preventable by making the correct play. Plus you completely overlook the big saves that Lundqvist made in the game to keep it at 2-0.

I'm not saying Lunqvist was exceptional, but he's definitely one of the few guys that I wouldn't pin blame on for last night.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:08 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Wanna blame someone, try # 10.

Hes paid to score big goals. Hasnt in 9 games. Then he floats and doesnt bust his ass on a backcheck. Start there.

COMPLETELY BEHIND THE BENCHING.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Wanna blame someone, try # 10.

Hes paid to score big goals. Hasnt in 9 games. Then he floats and doesnt bust his ass on a backcheck. Start there.

COMPLETELY BEHIND THE BENCHING.
Gaborik has been a total no-show this whole season. How he flies under the radar I'll never figure out.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote