HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voracek

Old
04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
Jakes a goner. I was listening to Reed last night on fire the cannon, and they were talking about Jake, Reed really felt that Arniel has been taking notes late in the season when our slide occured, as to who is continuing to battle, and who has given up on the season. Jake is pointless in his last 12 games. They mentioned how last season he would stay after practice to work on his shot with Agnew, but this year he is nowhere to be found after practice. Both Eric Smith, and Reed, agreed that Brassard had taken a step forward this season, and the staff is still pretty optimistic on Brassard, and his work ethic. Reed said to remember that to really shake up the roster this summer, we will have to give up a high value asset, to fix an area of need. I still wish we would have moved Jake for Googloski.
I've watched him play for what seems to be an eternity when compared to the time Filatov has been given...

Jake has had enough time to set his bar and I'm not impressed but what impresses me means nothing, it's what impresses Scott Howson. If only he was an 18 year old Jeff Skinner…

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jakes a goner. I was listening to Reed last night on fire the cannon, and they were talking about Jake, Reed really felt that Arniel has been taking notes late in the season when our slide occured, as to who is continuing to battle, and who has given up on the season. Jake is pointless in his last 12 games. They mentioned how last season he would stay after practice to work on his shot with Agnew, but this year he is nowhere to be found after practice. Both Eric Smith, and Reed, agreed that Brassard had taken a step forward this season, and the staff is still pretty optimistic on Brassard, and his work ethic. Reed said to remember that to really shake up the roster this summer, we will have to give up a high value asset, to fix an area of need. I still wish we would have moved Jake for Googloski.
If Reed is publicly naming who is going to be traded, he's sticking his neck out. He may lose his press pass.

Maybe he is better at predictions than his writing brethern.

Last edited by Jaxs: 04-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I'd trade Jake for Kulemin though.
I wouldn't trade him for the Fish. While Kulemin, MacArthur, and Grabovski may be outproducing Jake this year, make no mistake about it... Jake is the better player. Personally I believe MacArthur and Grabovski are producing beyond what is sustainable for them and they'll return to being 40-50 point players next year.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Doug19

Toronto is not better than cbj tw sorry and those players you listed are not worth jake

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Toronto is not better than cbj tw sorry and those players you listed are not worth jake
Schenn, Phaneuf, and Kessel are... The other ones are debatable (except for Bozak, seriously wtf?).

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Bozak was a joke, I can't believe I forgot Kulemin, what a beast, but Burke wouldn't do that, Kulemin is a monster, CBJ can't get him with just Voracek.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Schenn, Phaneuf, and Kessel are... The other ones are debatable (except for Bozak, seriously wtf?).
Not a chance i would trade jake for a defensive dman. If you trade jake its for a defender who can score.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Doug19

Kessel yes, phaneuf im on the fence

Old
04-08-2011, 12:17 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Our team will be in the playoffs next year...book it. We have the depth (sorta) now we need the consistency. I'm very excited for next year. Savard and Moore up here and add a future stud in whoever we draft along with Johan...we'll be alot better than Toronto next year, and Voracek belongs in those plans....lets bash them after they suck when games count towards being an legit playoff contender...ppl are making him out alot worse than he actually is.
We have the depth? At what? 4th line grinder?

You constantly assume unrealistic trajectories about our prospects. Now both Moore and Savard are playing for us (and I suppose Johansen as well?). I'll tell you this much, if both Moore and Savard are in the lineup on opening night, we'll be out of the playoffs early enough that I'll be mocking you in December.

Quote:
The leafs are worse than we are despite what the standings may indicate.
Quote:
While Kulemin, MacArthur, and Grabovski may be outproducing Jake this year, make no mistake about it... Jake is the better player. Personally I believe MacArthur and Grabovski are producing beyond what is sustainable for them and they'll return to being 40-50 point players next year.
Yes, just don't pay attention to reality and our team is better than the Leafs and Jake is better than every player on their team. Because, as always, reality is biased against the Jackets. I mean, they do perfectly well for me on XBox. Besides, every team in the East is worse than us. I mean, you would never see a team like Pittsburgh lose their best player like we have over the last week and be able to do as well as we have.

MacArthur in the 40-50 range would put him...right where Jake is stuck. And I can tell you that MacArthur will at least work his butt off, while Jake is out partying. You've convinced me. MacArthur and a pick for Voracek.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:50 AM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

Just my 2 cents but I know the kid is young but Jake just drives me crazy to watch. Almost every time he gets the puck, he seems to do one of two things.....turns it over immediately in the attack zone, OR he takes it down to the corner and shoots it around the endboards....where it is almost always picked up by the opposing team. Or occasionally we see the third option which is a wild shot toward the general direction of the goal. Ok I'm a hockey fan, not a hockey player but GAH!!!! It drives me crazy to to watch him play. He just never seems to be in control. His new nickname is The Loose Caboose.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:25 AM
showtime8

As a Leafs fan, I would wish for a player like Voracek to play on my team. He has a huge skill set and a huge upside.

As a Jackets fan, I wouldn't want to give up on him just yet. He was highly touted coming out of the Q and I still think that he could be a 25-30 goal man eventually.

Giving up on him right now would be beneficial for every other team though.

If Toronto was going after him, I would expect a:
Carl Gunnarsson (2nd line pairing)
Luca Caputi (eventual 2nd line winger that could play on the 3rd now)
1st Round Pick
Jussi Rynnas (Goalie that's 2 years out with huge upside)

Just a start.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
As a Leafs fan, I would wish for a player like Voracek to play on my team. He has a huge skill set and a huge upside.

Have you watched this guy for three years? This is Columbus, Klesla was supposed to be the next Bobby Orr..

Voracek is young and could prove ME wrong but if I where GM.... move the goods when there is value.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 04:15 AM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

Quote:

As a Jackets fan, I wouldn't want to give up on him just yet. He was highly touted coming out of the Q and I still think that he could be a 25-30 goal man eventually.

1st Round Pick

Just a start.
As a Jackets fan....done.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
We have the depth? And I can tell you that MacArthur will at least work his butt off, while Jake is out partying. You've convinced me. MacArthur and a pick for Voracek.
And you know this from where you sit on the other end of the country because.....????

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:

1st Round Pick

Just a start.
Saying Caputi is going to be a second line winger is being very generous.... I'd be shocked. I wouldn't do that trade. Only way I think Jake will be moved will be in a package for a better player. He won't be the best piece in the deal. Just my opinion of course.

As frustrating as Jake is, I'm pretty sure he's being under-valued by many in this thread.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:33 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

1st Round Pick

Just a start.

No. We need not couple average players.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

If I was Howson and had a chance to move Voracek for a proven two-way or offensive defenseman this summer, I would pull the trigger on that deal. The blueline is the glaring weakness on our team and needs addressed in the worst way. A UFA winger could be added to make up for Voracek's lost production.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
As frustrating as Jake is, I'm pretty sure he's being under-valued by many in this thread.
This. He's 21 years old FFS. If there's value coming back that helps us now, then by all means he's on the table. But two nickels don't make a dime, I'm sick of people willing to throw a guy like Jake away for futures. He's had a frustrating year, but there are lots, and lots, and LOTS of players who start off slow.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:27 AM
jacks johnson

Anyone think Vancouver would entertain Cory Schneider and Bieska, for Voracek ? Seems like the Jackets are either going to trade Mason, or bring in a true #1 guy to challenge him for the spot. As inconsistent as Mason has been, there is absolutely no chance Howson goes into next year with Mason as the #1goalie.

jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:38 AM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
We have the depth? At what? 4th line grinder?

You constantly assume unrealistic trajectories about our prospects. Now both Moore and Savard are playing for us (and I suppose Johansen as well?). I'll tell you this much, if both Moore and Savard are in the lineup on opening night, we'll be out of the playoffs early enough that I'll be mocking you in December.

Yes, just don't pay attention to reality and our team is better than the Leafs and Jake is better than every player on their team. Because, as always, reality is biased against the Jackets. I mean, they do perfectly well for me on XBox. Besides, every team in the East is worse than us. I mean, you would never see a team like Pittsburgh lose their best player like we have over the last week and be able to do as well as we have.

MacArthur in the 40-50 range would put him...right where Jake is stuck. And I can tell you that MacArthur will at least work his butt off, while Jake is out partying. You've convinced me. MacArthur and a pick for Voracek.
I will place a friendly wager that both Savard, and Johansen will be on the Roster opening night next season. Savard has been the best defenseman for Springfield this season, he is a right shot, and can run the powerplay. He has 10 goals and 29 assists in 69 games. Even if we go out and pick up an offensive defenseman, a true #1 defenseman, there is pleanty of room for Savard. Heck, look how good Clitsome looked compared to the rest of our defenseman this season.

Johan is going to be a stud. Heck he looked like he could have stuck with the jackets this season, from the way he played in camp, and he has developed a ton since then. However the Jackets made the right decision to let him play in juniors this season.

I think the depth some were referring to were, Kubilak, Calvert, Atkinson, Filatov, Mayarov, Johansen, all guys that may have the potential to play in the top 9 in our future. (3 skill lines)

Old
04-08-2011, 09:47 AM
blahblah

You want Bieska's rights? He's a UFA, in case you didn't know.

They have enough cap space, but I'm not sure they need Jake enough to give up a good thing they have in a young, very inexpensive backup they seem like they can count on. Not with Luongo's contract were it is and for it's duration.

I know Schneider is the flavor of the month and I know that Jake isn't viewed very highly around here, but that's a lot to give up for a goalie with 34 games of experience that we can't be sure his game would translate to the same level of success over here.

I would look at him and see if the Nucks are interested in moving Schneider, but I'd look at other options in the trade front for Jake. I'd like to see what other kind of return I could get for Jake.

Push comes to shove, I probably wouldn't do a Jake for Scheinder swap. But obviously this all depends on what Howson thinks of Jake right now and what his scouting department says about Scheinder.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
I will place a friendly wager that both Savard, and Johansen will be on the Roster opening night next season.
It's possible, maybe even likely. Although I'm not quite as excited about that roster for next year as you seem to be.

I figure unless Johansen flops he'll be on the roster. I think Savard has a good chance to earn his way onto the roster.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
You want Bieska's rights? He's a UFA, in case you didn't know.

They have enough cap space, but I'm not sure they need Jake enough to give up a good thing they have in a young, very inexpensive backup they seem like they can count on. Not with Luongo's contract were it is and for it's duration.

I know Schneider is the flavor of the month and I know that Jake isn't viewed very highly around here, but that's a lot to give up for a goalie with 34 games of experience that we can't be sure his game would translate to the same level of success over here.

I would look at him and see if the Nucks are interested in moving Schneider, but I'd look at other options in the trade front for Jake. I'd like to see what other kind of return I could get for Jake.

Push comes to shove, I probably wouldn't do a Jake for Scheinder swap. But obviously this all depends on what Howson thinks of Jake right now and what his scouting department says about Scheinder.
Wasnt aware Bieska was ufa, so that was dumb on my part, although I think he is a pretty big solid defenseman that could improve our puck moving, and is still pretty young. I imagine that Arniel has a relationship with alot of the Canucks, like Howson does with Edmonton.
As for Schneider, he is is prospect Analysis

Name: Cory Schneider
Position: G
Catches: Left
Height: 6-2
Weight: 195 lbs
Birthdate: 1986-03-18
Eligible for Draft: 2004
Drafted:
Hometown: Marblehead, Massachusetts
Acquired: 1st round (26th overall), 2004
Playing In: Pro
Cory Schneider
Prospect Grade: 8.0 B (About Prospect Grades)
Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History

Drafted in the first round of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft by Vancouver, Schneider made it known his intentions to play in Boston College for the 2004-05 season

Schneider completed a near perfect rookie season at Boston College going 13-1-4 in 19 appearances, despite missing time due to the IHHF U-20 WJC and a knee injury. Schneider finished first in the nation with a .833 winning percentage. His 1.90 goals against average ranked sixth in the nation while his .916 save percentage ranked tied for 24th.

After a successful second season, Schneider’s junior year saw him start all 42 games en route to a 29-12-1 record that included six shutouts, a 2.15 GAA and .925 save percentage.

Cory Schneider left Boston College as one of the school’s most successful goaltenders and holds the BC record for most career shutouts (15) and single-season saves (1,111).

2007-08: After a terrible opening to his first pro season with the Manitoba Moose, Schneider rebounded in the second half and finished with very strong numbers, including a 2.28 GAA and impressive .916 save percentage.

Talent Analysis
Schneider is a fundamentally sound goaltender with superb quickness and agility. He has demonstrated that he can step up in big games. Schneider plays with a tremendous amount of focus and confidence and exhibits his maturity on and off the ice. Schneider is excellent positionally. He does an outstanding job of taking away the lower portion of the net, moves extremely well laterally and with his 6’2 frame covers a lot of the top half of the net as well. He will aggressively challenge shooters and has a quick glove. The most notable improvement that Schneider made in his collegiate career is his ability to control rebounds. It isn’t often that he will give up rebounds and when he does, he does an excellent job of steering loose pucks away from the crease area.

Future

After an overall successful start to his professional career with the Moose last season, Schneider appears poised to play more minutes and continue to develop this year. Currently expected to share time with Drew McIntyre, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Schneider force himself into a starting role midway through the season. Goaltenders are typically volatile prospects, but Schneider certainly has demonstrated he has NHL starting goalie potential.

Stats
Stats Coming Soon...

Profile Last Updated: August, 18th 2010

Old
04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I wouldn't take those prospect analyses as any form of gospel truth. They are wrong as often as they are right.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:44 AM
blahblah

Thanks for the info. Yes I was aware of his scouting report. I don't see anything in there new that changes my opinion.

I already admitted I would look at him. I already said I doubt Van is in a hurry to move him. As of today, I probably wouldn't do a one-for-one swap if Jake is the piece that his moved for him. With your insight that you didn't know Bieska was a UFA, it would seem you weren't proposing a one-for-one. If Bieska had 3 years left on his contract, then I would listen. I doubt Van would, however.