HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Durbo20vT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Ok so... I just got off the phone with Time Warner Cable (I just moved from NY to Chapel Hill, NC) and they told me that I can't order NHL Centre Ice anymore. I can only order the "Stanley Cup package" which only starts once the playoffs start. This seems absolutely absurd to me. Why would they not want to make a ton of money off of me watching ONE regular season game?? I was willing to pay 80 dollars to watch the game tomorrow (I justified it by saying I'd spend that much or more on a ticket to GO to the game) but they told me that is no longer possible. I'm thinking about calling back and speaking to someone else because that just seems inaccurate to me.

But, can someone please suggest another option for me to watch the game tomorrow? Is there something through nhl.com that would allow me to purchase tomorrow's game to watch on my computer? Or are there normally high-quality streams of the game anywhere? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
this posted on NHL facebook...

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/sec...DP-US-Facebook
Watch live hockey tonight online with a Day Pass from NHL GameCenter LIVE
NHL Hockey Games Live Online - NHL GameCenter LIVE
Watch up to 40 out-of-market games a week in live streaming video right on your computer. Plus get extras like archival footage, live stats, multigame view and more. Choose from two payment options.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Hey what do you know Zucc is back up lol, really why did we send him down in the first place
Motivation....

Old
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
The double shootout scenario is highly unlikely. Almost negligible at this point.
It's unlikely they get to BOTH shootouts based on this scenario:

Carolina wins in a shootout tonight and the Rangers beat the Devils in regulation Saturday afternoon. Knowing this before the Canes play the Lightning, the Canes play into overtime against Tampa. With 5 minutes in OT, the Canes can reasonably play around 3:30 4 on 4, and be forced to pull their goalie, to get a 5 on 4 in order to try and win the game in OT (If they fail to score in the first 3:30 of OT). Tampa now has to defend an extra attacker, while not being able to clear the puck all the way down the ice, in a game that if Pittsburgh gets 1 point in their last 2 games, means nothing to them, except eliminating a divisional opponent from playoff contention. If Tampa scores on the empty net, they end the game, if thy finish of the OT tied, Carolina would be knocked out. The fans would know it, the team would know it, and we would know we made it.

With that being said, I do NOT want to see the Rangers fate be determined after they play tomorrow afternoon. I want it to go either way: Win and get in, lose or get knocked out. No need to draw out the drama. The season needs to begin or end around 3pm Saturday afternoon, no sooner or later.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbo20vT View Post
this posted on NHL facebook...

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/sec...DP-US-Facebook
Watch live hockey tonight online with a Day Pass from NHL GameCenter LIVE
NHL Hockey Games Live Online - NHL GameCenter LIVE
Watch up to 40 out-of-market games a week in live streaming video right on your computer. Plus get extras like archival footage, live stats, multigame view and more. Choose from two payment options.
Ok that's definitely a good backup option. Thanks a lot man

Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Other big news. Along with Parise being out, Volchenkov, White, and Zubrus are also confirmed out by Lemaire.
Makes no difference who in whos out, it comes down to us showing up to play, if we do we may be successfull if not, well it doesent look good. Lets hope CAR finally ****IN loses a game tonight so we wont have to worry about game vs devils.

Old
HBK27

None of the Devils players at practice today or Lemaire are saying anything about being excited or taking pride in possibly eliminated the Rangers from playoff contention tomorrow. So if they have extra motivation for tomorrow's game, they're not acknowledging it.

I wonder what would happen if the Canes lost in regulation tonight and the Devils & Rangers were tied late in the 3rd period tomorrow. Rangers would just need to get the game to OT to clinch a playoff spot. Would Lemaire even consider pulling Marty for an extra attacker & chance to keep the Rangers out of the playoffs? I'd be really surprised if he did, but damn would that be intense.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Shame this has to be an afternoon game
Big shame. If I throw away a beautiful 60 degree Spring day inside on my couch and see what I saw last night, I'm not going to be pleased.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
None of the Devils players at practice today or Lemaire are saying anything about being excited or taking pride in possibly eliminated the Rangers from playoff contention tomorrow. So if they have extra motivation for tomorrow's game, they're not acknowledging it.

I wonder what would happen if the Canes lost in regulation tonight and the Devils & Rangers were tied late in the 3rd period tomorrow. Rangers would just need to get the game to OT to clinch a playoff spot. Would Lemaire even consider pulling Marty for an extra attacker & chance to keep the Rangers out of the playoffs? I'd be really surprised if he did, but damn would that be intense.
Im confused isnt the tie-breaker Most Win, the Rangers will be in if Canes loss tonight, im i wrong?

Old
04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Im confused isnt the tie-breaker Most Win, the Rangers will be in if Canes loss tonight, im i wrong?
From the Hurricanes website - below are their possible scenarios. If the Canes lose tonight, they'd need the Rangers to lose in Regular + Win vs. Tampa to get in.

CAROLINA RESULT PLAYOFFS?
2-0-0 (wins in OT or regulation) YES – CAR has more points or ROW tiebreak
2-0-0 (one win in shootout) YES – CAR has more points or head-to-head tiebreak
2-0-0 (both wins in shootout) NEED HELP – NYR must lose (fewer points) or or win in SO (ROW tiebreak)
1-0-1 NEED HELP – NYR must lose (fewer points) or lose in OT or SO (ROW tiebreak)
1-1-0 NEED HELP – NYR must lose in regulation (ROW tiebreak)
0-0-2 NEED HELP – NYR must lose in regulation (head-to-head tiebreak)
0-1-1 NO
0-2-0 NO

Old
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
your right, ultimatly its on the rangers if they dont get in.

however, they could go out and win tomorrow and be tied with carolina. and carolina will get in because they lost a game in ot and the shootout. this is a potential scenario and if you ask me is ******. a team can go 0-0-82 and might still be in the race. the system has to change.
If we go back to the old system, our shootout win would have been a tie. We'd be 1-2-1 against carolina and they'd be 2-1-1 against us. Either way they'd have the better record.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter how the system is implemented, because both teams play by the same set of rules.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I have to work tomorrow. Slingbox day. Damn quarter close.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:06 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
the devils are going to play so hard.

if we were to lose i can see brodeur saying something like yea we didnt make the playoffs but knocking the rangers out is almost as good. i ****ing hate him and would expect that from him.
if brodeur gives that quote, i'll mail you my next 2 paychecks

Quote:
I think we can expect them to give it EVERYTHING they got. It is for sure their last game of the season. Likely Lemaires last game forever...
its more likely lemaire coaches the last game of our season as well

so far, so good in this thread

Old
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
If we go back to the old system, our shootout win would have been a tie. We'd be 1-2-1 against carolina and they'd be 2-1-1 against us. Either way they'd have the better record.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter how the system is implemented, because both teams play by the same set of rules.
yes both teams play by the same set of rules but that doesnt mean it is a good system. ot wins and shootout wins are fine by me but points should not be given out if you lose. loser points can be the difference between 8th and 9th.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
if brodeur gives that quote, i'll mail you my next 2 paychecks

its more likely lemaire coaches the last game of our season as well

so far, so good in this thread
what makes you think that scum **** wouldn't say that?

Old
04-08-2011, 12:11 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post

Well some players might not give a **** but you can bet Brodeur will give it his everything to win that game. He hates the Rangers and is irked by Lundqvists dominance over him

Old
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
The Devils attitude should not come as a massive surprise to anyone.

No one said tomorrow's game would be easy. In fact, they are probably the favorites.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Excited winning Marty usually says all the right things. Its loser frustrated Marty that gets flustered and throws his teammates under the bus in funny post game interviews.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
from today, when asked: Brodeur: "Weíre not there, so, for us, I donít really care who wins or who does what. Itís all about us..."I wish all the teams good luck. Thatís about it. Itís a fun time of year and I wish we would be there.Ē

devils players just want to finish strong- they arent as petty as devils fans are

Old
04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
The Devils attitude should not come as a massive surprise to anyone.

No one said tomorrow's game would be easy. In fact, they are probably the favorites.
They are below us in the standings, that should line up with some ill stat that makes them favorites

Old
04-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
They are below us in the standings, that should line up with some ill stat that makes them favorites
For every big win this season there has been a poor loss to a mediocre team. I think that is what may end up screwing us over in the end.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:24 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
from today, when asked: Brodeur: "We’re not there, so, for us, I don’t really care who wins or who does what. It’s all about us..."I wish all the teams good luck. That’s about it. It’s a fun time of year and I wish we would be there.”

devils players just want to finish strong- they arent as petty as devils fans are
he hates the rangers so much. he would be overjoyed to knock them out

do you really think he is wishing the rangers luck?

Old
04-08-2011, 12:24 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Excited winning Marty usually says all the right things. Its loser frustrated Marty that gets flustered and throws his teammates under the bus in funny post game interviews.
If you say so...but it's funny how Devils fans never picked up on him supposedly throwing his teamates under the bus.

Anyway, that's getting off topic. I'm sure the game means more to Marty than other Devils since he's been part of the rivalry for nearly 20 years now. Either way it'll be a great game tomorrow. Really interested to see the level of intensity both teams bring once the puck is dropped.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
excited winning marty was so happy to knock the rangers out in 06, a team that was a shell of its former self. this gives him something to play for, he would love to be the deciding factor on if we get in or not and would say so.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
he hates the rangers so much. he would be overjoyed to knock them out

do you really think he is wishing the rangers luck?
don't really want to get into this further but you mentioned what brodeur would say to the media, and i showed you what he is saying. if you want to debate brodeur's feelings inside of his heart (yes, yes, his feelings for his sister) that seems kind of pointless. not to mention, if any player in the nhl said 'yeah he didn't make it but team x didn't make it either' as you insinuated, their GM would eat the player alive..especially lou

Old
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

Honestly, I almost don't even care. Last night was a disgrace. I hope Marian Gaborik falls off a cliff. He's the worst...

I have to get my taxes done, so I can't even watch it.

Anyone here think we're actually going to make the playoffs? After last night's debacle?

Closed Thread