HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #81 : Kings @ Ducks - Friday, 4/8/11 @ 7:00 pm PDT (TV = KDOC)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
SLang

vCash: 500
Not a whole lot of discussion so far about how tough this and tomorrow's game are really going to be. Ducks are playing decent hockey and their first line, especially Perry, are on fire. I think the teams in the top 4 once the season ends are all looking down at the bottom 4 and hoping that their first round matchup isnt against Anaheim. Both teams have something to play for but only the Ducks are fighting for their playoff lives. Kings are going to have to play their system perfectly and only take penalties to stop sure-fire scoring opportunities.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It's difficult to be optimistic about these next two games.

The Ducks have 4 game breaking forwards, and a number #1 defenseman who's actually playing like a #1 defenseman.

The Kings have none of these things.
The Kings also have much better goaltending (oh hey, Dan Ellis!) and a much better team defense than the Ducks. They can shut down those game breaking forwards if they play the system.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:11 AM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It's difficult to be optimistic about these next two games.

The Ducks have 4 game breaking forwards, and a number #1 defenseman who's actually playing like a #1 defenseman.

The Kings have none of these things.
Hey now, if we roll Westgarth out there, we'll have a dude who can break stuff too!

Old
04-08-2011, 10:23 AM
CNS
A World Alone

If I can get my business group project done, I'll be watching the game. Here's to Clifford killing Perry...and Perry sticking at 50 goals for the rest of the season.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Orenji

Not very confident. Classic letdown game for the Kings. We clinched the playoffs, and we now are playing a team who is hot, at home, and needs a win to clinch the playoffs.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Not very confident. Classic letdown game for the Kings. We clinched the playoffs, and we now are playing a team who is hot, at home, and needs a win to clinch the playoffs.
Except you can throw out all statistics in a rivalry game. Doesn't matter what the stats say, both teams will come to play tonight.

I expect a grudge match tonight. Should be some bodies flying around out there.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
The Hegemony Consul
Serial Ruminator

Bought tickets for this for my dad's birthday gift, so I'll be there tonight (somewhere in Section 323) with my wife & folks. Truthfully, we're not optimistic, but since the Kings have already clinched anyways, leaving that place won't be so terrible if they don't manage to win tonight.

On the bright side, at least we don't have to hear the Ducks "announcing" (more like, prevarication) duo...

Old
04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
AnaheimGuy
Couch GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
Brawls at Dodger Stadium aren't uncommon, but they happen in the nose bleeds and usually involve gangster types loaded on cheap beer.

I have been to almost ever stadium and arena up and down the west coast. Where exactly is this "cheap beer"?

Old
04-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemusstick View Post
I have been to almost ever stadium and arena up and down the west coast. Where exactly is this "cheap beer"?
They sneak it in under their poncho's.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Last time the ducks played in staples I was outside on the smoking patio waiting in line with my buddy to get some beer and food when this duck fan walks up and asks if he can cut in front of me (I was next). He says 'I just need to got a napkin with some soda to wipe my friend down'. My buddy laughs and says to the guy 'why did you **** all over his neck?'. The duckie then starts complaining about how some kings fan threw mustard at them. I asked him if he deserved it.

It's pretty lame to randomly throw mustard on someone's expensive jersey. Then again, this guy was a major tool. The way he was *****ing about this mustard you would think that his wife had been anally *****. He was talking to security about pressing charges and such. I'm just standing there thinking that mustard getting thrown is about the nicest thing I've seen go down on the smoking patio when the ducks come to town.

As I was leaving I heard him say 'this kind of thing never happens at the Honda center' so I couldn't help myself and told him 'of course it wouldn't , no one down there has any passion or gives a ****.'

Not the best story, but this thread reminded me of it and how lame it was and what overreacting sissies duck fans can be.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:47 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Sweep 'em! Make 'em sweat!

Old
04-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Last time the ducks played in staples I was outside on the smoking patio waiting in line with my buddy to get some beer and food when this duck fan walks up and asks if he can cut in front of me (I was next). He says 'I just need to got a napkin with some soda to wipe my friend down'. My buddy laughs and says to the guy 'why did you **** all over his neck?'. The duckie then starts complaining about how some kings fan threw mustard at them. I asked him if he deserved it.

It's pretty lame to randomly throw mustard on someone's expensive jersey. Then again, this guy was a major tool. The way he was *****ing about this mustard you would think that his wife had been anally *****. He was talking to security about pressing charges and such. I'm just standing there thinking that mustard getting thrown is about the nicest thing I've seen go down on the smoking patio when the ducks come to town.

As I was leaving I heard him say 'this kind of thing never happens at the Honda center' so I couldn't help myself and told him 'of course it wouldn't , no one down there has any passion or gives a ****.'

Not the best story, but this thread reminded me of it and how lame it was and what overreacting sissies duck fans can be.
Something tells me this guy was asking for it, I think if you're quiet and keep to yourself and take the verbal heckling that comes along with being a rival fan at someone else's barn, you should be fine . . . I threw a hotdog at a Wild fan once but that's because he would turn around everytime they scored a goal and taunt the crowd . . . you don't do that ****.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Finding out this game is being broadcast on KDOC has absolutely ruined my day.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The Kings also have much better goaltending (oh hey, Dan Ellis!) and a much better team defense than the Ducks. They can shut down those game breaking forwards if they play the system.
Wait, they're playing Ellis?

Yep, we're boned.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Something tells me this guy was asking for it, I think if you're quiet and keep to yourself and take the verbal heckling that comes along with being a rival fan at someone else's barn, you should be fine . . . I threw a hotdog at a Wild fan once but that's because he would turn around everytime they scored a goal and taunt the crowd . . . you don't do that ****.

Not condoning your hotdog throwing (really, that's poor form), but that turn around and taunt the home crowd thing is maddening.

Canucks fans seem to really get off on it.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Not condoning your hotdog throwing (really, that's poor form), but that turn around and taunt the home crowd thing is maddening.

Trust me, I never do that kind of stuff . . but the look on his face with his arms out, laughing and yelling "YEAH, YOU LOVE IT!!!" it just struck a nerve . . . I was SO ANGRY.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Finding out this game is being broadcast on KDOC has absolutely ruined my day.
It's Friday breh, cheer up

Old
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
They sneak it in under their poncho's.
and sombreros, amirite?

Old
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

At least it's in HD. I'll be able to cope.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
At least it's in HD. I'll be able to cope.
Well, not if you have Directv. Is there any chance we get the HD feed off the center-ice package??

Old
04-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Well, not if you have Directv. Is there any chance we get the HD feed off the center-ice package??
Nope

Old
04-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
I'm one of those people, caught in the stone-age without one of them fancy dishes. My cable company (Charter) sucks and their HD selection is extremely poor in comparison but they have KDOC in HD for whatever reason. Not gonna complain about that.

Old
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Nope

That is such ********, the league really needs to do something about that.

Old
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Go Kings, cripple the Ducks playoff chances. Oh and go San Jose and Columbus too.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
hahahaha cutty. jesus. thanks for the morning laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post

they REALLY really do. they bring flags and **** and do a full 360 taunt. drives me crazy.

Closed Thread