HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #81 vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Henrik Lundqvist 36 44.44%
Brandon Prust 15 18.52%
Other 30 37.04%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomobson View Post
buffalo/car lose out. rangers end up in 7th.

calling it.

it could happen ..

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:58 AM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
This is typical B.S. Mediocrity defines our team. There are very few players around here that are anything better than mediocre. You've basically created a situation with this statement where the only person who can ever get blamed for a loss is Lundqvist and Gaborik. And the one who actually deserves the blame, you are defending... Interesting...Gaborik was gassed so it's excuseable that he dogged it from the center line in against Boulton!!! Yet, Lundqvist has started like 20 games in a row and understandably may be somewhat tired also, but you want him "fired" for letting in goals on other players mistakes.

Add Torts to that list. He is anything but mediocre. I am not defending plumbers, I just see no reason to waste my emotions on them. In real life mediocre performers rarely get fired. They get laid off.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Add Torts to that list. He is anything but mediocre. I am not defending plumbers, I just see no reason to waste my emotions on them. In real life mediocre performers rarely get fired. They get laid off.
We get your point. You don't have to keep referring to awful analogies in order to drive it home. You've stated it clearly and multiple times. Thanks for the input, now move on.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Philly is fighting for the division title, they are going to be playing very hard tonight against Buffalo.

I would assume that aside from the last 2 results, they they would prefer to play us in the first round and beating Buffalo will help in that regards.

Buffalo playing Columbus has toss up written all over it.

It's going to be interesting for sure.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
i will be BEGGING so hard tonight watching the gamecast of both games, we need Philly and Atlanta to jump out the gates with 2 goals quick and take all the momentum

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:24 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
i will be BEGGING so hard tonight watching the gamecast of both games, we need Philly and Atlanta to jump out the gates with 2 goals quick and take all the momentum
Forget Buffalo. Carolina is still in our rear-view mirror. I'd take two Buffalo wins over two Carolina losses in regulation.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

i was so pissed and pessimistic leaving the garden, but now that i cooled down and got some sleep i can't help but still pull for this team...this seems to be the general consensus of rangers fans which i admire...staying optimistic and hoping for the best

keeping my fingers crossed for some help! we are so close it would be a shame to have a repeat of last year...too depressing and frustrating.

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
We get your point. You don't have to keep referring to awful analogies in order to drive it home. You've stated it clearly and multiple times. Thanks for the input, now move on.
Your condescension is not appreciated.
It is up to me to choose the form of expression as long as it is within the board rules. You have the option to block. Use your freedom.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan41 View Post
i was so pissed and pessimistic leaving the garden, but now that i cooled down and got some sleep i can't help but still pull for this team...this seems to be the general consensus of rangers fans which i admire...staying optimistic and hoping for the best

keeping my fingers crossed for some help! we are so close it would be a shame to have a repeat of last year...too depressing and frustrating.
Yeah, I think we all needed to sleep that one off. Gonna be a tough finish, but we can do it....I hope.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Your condescension is not appreciated.
It is up to me to choose the form of expression as long as it is within the board rules. You have the option to block. Use your freedom.
I do generally value your opinions, even if i don't necessarily always agree with them. I'm somewhat 50/50 on Torts and can't really decide my feelings on him.

Regardless, you are flooding this thread with your anti-torts hate and i just don't understand the need for it. I didn't say you were breaking the rules, i was simply saying that your point has been stated numerous times and anyone in this conversation clearly understands it.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:46 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I do generally value your opinions, even if i don't necessarily always agree with them. I'm somewhat 50/50 on Torts and can't really decide my feelings on him.

Regardless, you are flooding this thread with your anti-torts hate and i just don't understand the need for it. I didn't say you were breaking the rules, i was simply saying that your point has been stated numerous times and anyone in this conversation clearly understands it.
I am not Torts hater, or Lundqvist hater. I am a fan and I need to vent out. For that I jump on the most influential components. Hate is irreversible usually. I love them both when we win. We won 43 and lost 38. I am not far from 50/50 of yours being 43/38 on Torts. However, if we don't make the playoffs it will go down a lot regardless of anything else.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I am not Torts hater, or Lundqvist hater. I am a fan and I need to vent out. For that I jump on the most influential components. Hate is irreversible usually. I love them both when we win. We won 43 and lost 38. I am not far from 50/50 of yours being 43/38 on Torts. However, if we don't make the playoffs it will go down a lot regardless of anything else.
Gotcha, sorry for the misinterpretation, and lets hope that it doesn't have to go down this season.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Forget Buffalo. Carolina is still in our rear-view mirror. I'd take two Buffalo wins over two Carolina losses in regulation.
Buffalo could lose out and fall to 9th... I think that we need to worry about Buffalo and Carolina because it is a 3 team race not just us and Carolina

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
Did the Rangers play tonight?
Not really only Atlanta showed up

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
MaximusT

LET'S GO THRASHERS
LETS GO FLYERS
the way I see it, is that EVERY Rangers/Canes/Sabres fan has been getting tortured scoreboard watching these past few weeks as all three teams have been consistently winning. I think the Sabres/Canes are both due for a regulation loss, just like us last night
can only hope for the best

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:12 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Offense is conceived and dies by goaltending. Sure, the talent upfront alleviates that big time. But mediocre offensive teams must have strong G that allows forwards not to rush back every time the puck is turned over and keep thier presence on other end. The teams we are competing with for that spot are just as bad upfront. They score when their Gs let them. All thing being equal we are out because of Ward, not because of Eric Staal.
I'm sorry did you just post that hanging is the key to good offense?

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan41 View Post

I'll be honesty I didn't have much hope or really any hope for this season it's more for the next couple of seasons. A lot of real key guys up for resigning as a few useless peices of trash get shown the door. The off season afterwards almost all of our current trash will be put out.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
I'll be honesty I didn't have much hope or really any hope for this season it's more for the next couple of seasons. A lot of real key guys up for resigning as a few useless peices of trash get shown the door. The off season afterwards almost all of our current trash will be put out.
lol "Ill be honesty". Also thanks a bunch CAR AND bUFF FOR NOT CHOKING YOU A*******

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote