HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sauer/Avery skirmish (video)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I love Sauer, absolutely love this kid. We haven't had a defenseman with this kind of an edge in so long. Certainly not since Beukeboom have we had this much goalie protection and I don't even know if Beuk played with this much edge....I love it!!! I really question whether we need McIlrath and Sauer.

Old
04-07-2011, 06:25 PM
NYR ribbet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Seeing as what you said is absolutely spot on, the fact you only have 28 posts means you need post more often around here bud

Then again I shouldn't pry open the golden-egg-laying goose looking for more gold
Haha thanks!

I really prefer sitting back and watching this board as a whole because it's informative and extremely entertaining all at the same time.

Sometimes I just feel the need to jut in when people are taking things from an extreme perspective.

Old
04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR ribbet View Post
Haha thanks!

I really prefer sitting back and watching this board as a whole because it's informative and extremely entertaining all at the same time.

Sometimes I just feel the need to jut in when people are taking things from an extreme perspective.
Yeah but what do you know, you're just a casual fan...

Seriously though, you make good points. Do post more.

It's just pain.
Old
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Balej20*

So this was reported completely wrong. When you actually see the entire video, you actually see it was Sauer who tripped Avery into Hank and Avery was upset about that. Way to make Avery look like the bad guy Vs.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
chip chipperson*

the avery hate is sickening.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Mikhail Grabovski sees nothing wrong with fighting his teammates.

A day after Jason Blake received a fat lip from the Toronto Maple Leafs forward last February, Blake went on to score twice in a game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. So when Grabovski took off his glove and punched François Beauchemin in front of season-ticket holders at Sunday’s practice, he offered a similar prediction.

^Happened to us a few times. It probably happens with all teams.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

just another opportunity for all the haters to hate...........DUDE IT'S HOCKEY........

Old
04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
just another opportunity for all the haters to hate...........DUDE IT'S HOCKEY........
exactly. the guy can't do anything anymore without people attempting to **** all over him.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
satrabyk

O give me a break guys, he fell into the goalie and there was a little heat in Practice, nothing wrong with that. They both do the same in the game its just part of the game, give it a rest people.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
the avery hate is sickening.
The guy should have no defenders at this point. He's got less goals this year than Girardi. He's tied in goals with Sauer. He's got 3 goals in 76 games played. That's indefensible. People who aren't all over him just aren't paying attention. They're thinking back to when we first got him, when he was a 20-25 goal 30 assist guy plus the tough guy act he brought to a soft team. 3 goals on the year. 3 goals on the year. 3? That's just god awful. And he doesn't really do the tough guy routine much anymore for whatever reason (doesn't really matter why). He's getting less important minutes, yes. But 3 goals is dreadful for even a fourth liner. Just as a means for comparison Blair Betts has 5 goals this year. He averaged just over 6 over his time with us. And he was a guy that was a defensive stud and could take big faceoffs. With Avery we get an ineffective offensive player who takes bad penalties and can't stay onsides.

Counterargument: But but but it was funny when called brodeur fatso!

Old
04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
The guy should have no defenders at this point. He's got less goals this year than Girardi. He's tied in goals with Sauer. He's got 3 goals in 76 games played. That's indefensible. People who aren't all over him just aren't paying attention. They're thinking back to when we first got him, when he was a 20-25 goal 30 assist guy plus the tough guy act he brought to a soft team. 3 goals on the year. 3 goals on the year. 3? That's just god awful. And he doesn't really do the tough guy routine much anymore for whatever reason (doesn't really matter why). He's getting less important minutes, yes. But 3 goals is dreadful for even a fourth liner. Just as a means for comparison Blair Betts has 5 goals this year. He averaged just over 6 over his time with us. And he was a guy that was a defensive stud and could take big faceoffs. With Avery we get an ineffective offensive player who takes bad penalties and can't stay onsides.

Counterargument: But but but it was funny when called brodeur fatso!
the guy did nothing ****ing wrong in this video. bottom line. his stats have no presence in this thread. the guy one time took a penalty in a game where we had a 4 goal lead and the haters were ready to riot. enough of this ****. enough. some people have nothing better to do but talk **** about every little thing this guy does. rediculous.

wtf are you bringing betts into this? jesus christ. congrats you found a 4th liner that is better defensivly than avery (a 4th liner on this team). is betts in the top 5 or so in assists on philly? dont answer, not important. this thread is about the video not averys stats. but the fact that the haters lump his stats into this video shows that they are only out here to attempt to **** on him. and its not about defending him saying he is having a decent year, its about telling you people enough, we get it you dont like him, now shut up. tired of the *****ing about whatever this guy does.

Last edited by chip chipperson*: 04-08-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old
04-08-2011, 12:36 PM
3Four3

Quote:
the guy did nothing ****ing wrong in this video. bottom line. his stats have no presence in this thread. the guy one time took a penalty in a game where we had a 4 goal lead and the haters were ready to riot. enough of this ****. enough. some people have nothing better to do but talk **** about every little thing this guy does. rediculous.
In the video, no, but is he really someone the teams needs moving forward?

Old
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
i wish he was but i know realistically he isnt. that doesnt mean kill the guy for every little thing he does, especially when you have to bring his stats into this discussion when he clearly did nothing wrong in the video. the point is, enough already.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
NYR ribbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Why is this even in discussion in this thread? This thread is about the video. Not the fact that Avery has had an underachieving year. Not the fact that Gaborik has had an underachieving year. Not the fact that the Drury contract has been a disappointment.

It's about the VIDEO. How did this turn into another **** on Avery thread. Get over it already. When the hell was Avery a 20-25 goal scored + 30 assists. Better question: When did Avery score 20-25 goals? When did Avery have 30 assists?

You're blind to every Avery because of your blatant hatred.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:12 PM
trench23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I love Sauer, absolutely love this kid. We haven't had a defenseman with this kind of an edge in so long. Certainly not since Beukeboom have we had this much goalie protection and I don't even know if Beuk played with this much edge....I love it!!! I really question whether we need McIlrath and Sauer.
my you have a short term memory-- i love Sauer, and i PRAY that he turns into our Beuk replacement.... but he is no where there yet regarding his physicality...

...maybe his offense

Old
04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Sauer should've kicked his ass and in the process told him to score a ********** goal for once.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
chip chipperson*

this is what im talking about

Old
04-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR ribbet View Post
Why is this even in discussion in this thread? This thread is about the video. Not the fact that Avery has had an underachieving year. Not the fact that Gaborik has had an underachieving year. Not the fact that the Drury contract has been a disappointment.

It's about the VIDEO. How did this turn into another **** on Avery thread. Get over it already. When the hell was Avery a 20-25 goal scored + 30 assists. Better question: When did Avery score 20-25 goals? When did Avery have 30 assists?

You're blind to every Avery because of your blatant hatred.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=493858

Quote:
Avery, 28, has skated in 86 career regular season games with the Rangers, collecting 23 goals and 30 assists for 53 points, along with 212 penalty minutes.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

what's even more asinine than the Avery hate is the people who expect a large amount of goals from him......real life is far from EA sports

I still see nothing wrong with what happened in this video

Old
04-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Those stats are old.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Those stats are old.
Yeah, that's the point.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:19 PM
chip chipperson*

your stance on avery is also old

Old
04-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Quote:
nor will it make him score more goals or remove him from the team

Old
Balej20*

Quote:
I like Avery, so....

Old
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
quite the opposite. I realize he used to be good and now stinks. you continue to think of this avery as the guy he was a few years ago

Closed Thread